• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Is Lebron Most Overrated player EVER?

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People can beat around the bush, but Lebron was choking in that last 2 minutes of game 6.

Game 6 was a mixed bag, but the positive outweighed the negative by any reasonable account.

LeBron single-handedly led the team back to start the 4th and get momentum on their side.

In the last 2 minutes, he had a really awkward floater pass that he threw about 4 feet behind Bosh, ending in a TO and he had those 2 missed 3s that never had a chance to go in.

Thing is, LeBron could average 40, 15 and 12 for an entire season and lead the Heat to 76 wins and a title and Sman would still find reason to discredit.

If Sman would cease and desist from talking about LeBron all together, he might actually have some positive contributions to these boards.

Runeman

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,650.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I suspect the OP is in a class by himself. Not one current player, coach, or commentator has stated Lebron is anything less than the best player on the planet. MJ may be the best of all time and there are others that think Wilt Chamberlain holds that distinction. No matter; there is still plenty of time for Lebron James to find his way to the top.

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, the answer will be yes.

Anyone listed in the discussion of the GOAT goes down as automatically being overrated.

Nobody is perfect. MJ wasn't. Kobe wasn't. LeBron isn't.

The greatest of the greats are all going to be somewhat overrated.

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he also did not shoot two airballs in the fourth quarter. that is just made up. airballs cant hit the rim. he hit rim.
NBA Basketball Play by Play - San Antonio vs. Miami - Jun 18, 2013 - CBSSports.com

here is the play by play of that game.. as you will see every shot by lebron from at least the 5 minutes mark down gets a rebounder. youre making shit up again sman.

also lebron choked so hard in game 6 he had a triple doube.

2 triple doubles in 1 finals... Michael Jordan had a grand total of 0 triple doubles in the finals.. and only 2 his whole playoff career.

Jordan didn't rebound because Rodman and Cartwright took care of that chore.

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I suspect the OP is in a class by himself. Not one current player, coach, or commentator has stated Lebron is anything less than the best player on the planet. MJ may be the best of all time and there are others that think Wilt Chamberlain holds that distinction. No matter; there is still plenty of time for Lebron James to find his way to the top.

Depending on Wade and Bosh is going to be a long climb indeed. :laugh3:

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Wade when healthy is a top 10 player. Without that classic D-Wade dominant performance in G4, this series would've ended in San Antonio

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But, but, but Sman, LeBron played great up until the game was on the line!!

Runeman

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,650.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Good point.....IMO, not much remaining in Wade's tank and Bosh is not a premier player. Miami got a lot of help from Anderson and Miller. Because of Anderson, Miami was a better team this year and Miller hits the 3 better than anyone else on the team. Take away either player and Miami has a problem. Battiea had a great final game; other than that, he had a miserable year. Had it not been for Lebron, that team was mediocre, at best. He got the best out of the rest of the team and that is something not seen in the stats. I really don't see Miami repeating next year as they got no help in the draft and they really need to think about replacing Bosh and Wade. As noted someplace else, Wade, Bosh, and James were all part of the same draft. That was some draft.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good point.....IMO, not much remaining in Wade's tank and Bosh is not a premier player. Miami got a lot of help from Anderson and Miller. Because of Anderson, Miami was a better team this year and Miller hits the 3 better than anyone else on the team. Take away either player and Miami has a problem. Battiea had a great final game; other than that, he had a miserable year. Had it not been for Lebron, that team was mediocre, at best. He got the best out of the rest of the team and that is something not seen in the stats. I really don't see Miami repeating next year as they got no help in the draft and they really need to think about replacing Bosh and Wade. As noted someplace else, Wade, Bosh, and James were all part of the same draft. That was some draft.

Battier had a miserable year. He had a miserable playoffs but he had a great regular season as he had his BEST 3 pt shooting % of his career.

As for Wade people are burying him too fast. His numbers in the 3 or 4 months prior to his knee injury lat in March were great.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But, but, but Sman, LeBron played great up until the game was on the line!!

Yep the game wasn't on the line with Heat down 94-89 with 28 seconds when everything needed to go perfect right? Damn most of you Lakers fans are so stupid.

Let me guess the LBJ 3 that made that turned a Spurs 5 point lead into a 2 point lead with 20 seconds to go was meaningless right?

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyway here are Wade month by month numbers from December-March

December-22 PPG on 55% shooting
January- 21 PPG on 50% shooting
February- 24 PPG on 53% shooting
March- 21 PPG on 54% shooting

His numbers would've looked better in March but he struggled at the end of March when he first injured his knee.

#1BostonFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.40
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will have this debate when he retires. He's proving he COULD be the GOAT, but that's yet to be determined. MJ only won 5 MVP's, LeBron already has 4 and he's 28.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will have this debate when he retires. He's proving he COULD be the GOAT, but that's yet to be determined. MJ only won 5 MVP's, LeBron already has 4 and he's 28.

Yeah this debate should really wait until he retires. For all we know LBJ could honestly finish with 8 MVP'S and 5 championships.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sman your troll threads are a reach. Lebron almost averages a triple double for career, has every award out there, 2 ships now and is a team player (unlike Kobe).

The facts are is Lebron's career is just halfway through and Kobe's is done. Lebrons career so far is close to or equal to Kobes whole career minus the ships. I know you are butthurt about LA and Dwight :Cry: but move on and quit trolling about the best player on the planet bc we see Lebron and he doesn't have a weakness.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Regarding the OP's original post, I kinda agree. Lebron is good but the media is clearly trying their darndest to annoint him the next Jordan way to fast. They didn't even give Kobe that title after he won his 5th, and I think Kobe is the most selfish player ever. Don't get me started on Kobe. But yeah, I agree with OP. Lebron is good but man does ESPN and other sites go way overboard with this guy. It's one of the reasons why people hate him with a passion and would love to see him lose. The media's obsession with the guy.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sman your troll threads are a reach. Lebron almost averages a triple double for career, has every award out there, 2 ships now and is a team player (unlike Kobe).

The facts are is Lebron's career is just halfway through and Kobe's is done. Lebrons career so far is close to or equal to Kobes whole career minus the ships. I know you are butthurt about LA and Dwight :Cry: but move on and quit trolling about the best player on the planet bc we see Lebron and he doesn't have a weakness.

well, unless you count flopping and arrogance...:lol:

#1BostonFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.40
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah this debate should really wait until he retires. For all we know LBJ could honestly finish with 8 MVP'S and 5 championships.

He could. He'll play with the Heat until Wade is useless and then team up with younger stars. No telling how many MVP's and championships he's going to win. I don't like LeBron, but you have to respect him. Kinda like Peyton Manning. I hated him for awhile but then I enjoyed watching him out of respect of his abilities.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He could. He'll play with the Heat until Wade is useless and then team up with younger stars. No telling how many MVP's and championships he's going to win. I don't like LeBron, but you have to respect him. Kinda like Peyton Manning. I hated him for awhile but then I enjoyed watching him out of respect of his abilities.
I think OP has a valid point though. Again, I think he's an excellent player but he's being put on a pedestal way to fast and honestly, it's not so much the bandwagon Heat fans, it's the media. Dude was said to be the "chosen one" during his junior year in high school and with the media backing you, how can you fail? Again, he's a GREAT player but there is some overratedness there as well.

Malibu

PEACE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im curious if the Miami Heat would have even won it all this year if Danny Granger, Derrick Rose, Luol Deng, and Russell Westbrook were playing in the playoffs. I doubt it.