• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Is Dabo still whinning about disrespect?

KingKoolKat75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,750.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every major sports media is picking Clemson and they are favored in the game.

gob

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,496.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He read "It's Not Easy Bein Me" over the off-season

DeafOranguntan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,105.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've heard some in the sports media getting annoyed at dabo's overplayed victim card.........

Who cares what the sports media thinks? Or you for that matter.

The fact is pretty simple. Last year's Clemson team was one of the best teams in football history, and absolutely butchered everyone, including beating "The Greatest Team in College Football History" by 28 points. They start the season #1. Despite blowing out every opponent but one (their average score in the first part of the season being 39-12), they kept falling, becoming the first team to win a national championship, and then fall despite continuing to win. They fell a spot after beating Louisville by 35 and another spot after beating BC by 52. They were ranked #5 in the first playoff rankings, and pundits were genuinely discussing whether a 1 loss Alabama or LSU would get into the playoffs and Clemson get left out. They were discussing UGA jumping them, despite UGA losing to a terrible South Carolina team and looking like a mediocre football team all year. When the first playoff ranking came out, a terrible Penn State team that got outplayed by Pitt was ranked ahead of them. They're only in the playoffs because other teams' losing and that the media is finally unable to ignore that since week 6, no team has been nearly as dominant as Clemson, as they beat their last 7 opponents by an average score of 52-8. And look at the awards. Travis Etienne had as good of stats as anyone but with more than 100 fewer carries than any of the other choices, but was not a finalist for the Doak. I could keep going on the awards.

All season long, the narrative has never been, look at how good Clemson is. It's been, "Look how bad the ACC is." They refuse to look at Clemson as the team they are. And it's been the same almost every year, despite the ACC being the second best conference in number of teams going to bowls and in bowl record the last 5 years. And guess what? Over the last 7 years, Clemson has beaten their bowl opponents from these big bad conferences worse on average than they have their ACC opponents.

Yeah, Clemson has been disrespected all season (and a week of them being favored doesn't change that), and I have no problem with Dabo calling attention to the hypocrisy.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The fact is pretty simple. Last year's Clemson team was one of the best teams in football history, and absolutely butchered everyone, including beating "The Greatest Team in College Football History" by 28 points. They start the season #1. Despite blowing out every opponent but one (their average score in the first part of the season being 39-12), they kept falling, becoming the first team to win a national championship, and then fall despite continuing to win. They fell a spot after beating Louisville by 35 and another spot after beating BC by 52. They were ranked #5 in the first playoff rankings, and pundits were genuinely discussing whether a 1 loss Alabama or LSU would get into the playoffs and Clemson get left out. They were discussing UGA jumping them, despite UGA losing to a terrible South Carolina team and looking like a mediocre football team all year. When the first playoff ranking came out, a terrible Penn State team that got outplayed by Pitt was ranked ahead of them. They're only in the playoffs because other teams' losing and that the media is finally unable to ignore that since week 6, no team has been nearly as dominant as Clemson, as they beat their last 7 opponents by an average score of 52-8. And look at the awards. Travis Etienne had as good of stats as anyone but with more than 100 fewer carries than any of the other choices, but was not a finalist for the Doak. I could keep going on the awards.

All season long, the narrative has never been, look at how good Clemson is. It's been, "Look how bad the ACC is." They refuse to look at Clemson as the team they are. And it's been the same almost every year, despite the ACC being the second best conference in number of teams going to bowls and in bowl record the last 5 years. And guess what? Over the last 7 years, Clemson has beaten their bowl opponents from these big bad conferences worse on average than they have their ACC opponents.

Yeah, Clemson has been disrespected all season (and a week of them being favored doesn't change that), and I have no problem with Dabo calling attention to the hypocrisy.

They moved down bc of their bad schedule. Any team with that schedule would have done the same. They haven't been disrespected at all, it's just what Dabo wants you to think. It's fine if he wants to you this jig bc it works but it simply isn't true. They are favored to win and should win it all, I don't think that is disrespect lol

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yes because it has never been “Ohio State only looks good because the the BigTen is bad” or “Oklahoma only looks good because the defenses in the Big12 are so bad”. Clemson is the only team to ever be disrespected in college football history.

PIBuckeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

lmao...... "respect us damn it. :sadbron:"

I'm envisioning the clemson football team standing in the middle of a field surrounded by twelve 1st grade flag football teams, (ok, 1 or 2 of them might be 5th grade), with dabo screaming, "look at the tough competition we've played - now respect us or I'm going to throw a fit!!!!!"...........

It's been sooo fortunate for clem, that miami, fsu, and VA tech has been down for years allowing a cakewalk to the upper echelons of CFB...... :clap::clap::clap:

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Do you think their schedule this year has anything to do with it? They only played 2 teams that were ranked. A & M the 2nd week of the season, they finished 7-5. And Virginia in the CCG. Of the 11 P5 teams they played this year they beat 4 teams that finished with a winning record. None won double digits. 3 teams that finished at .500. And 4 teams that finished below .500. They also beat Wofford & Charlotte.

And I'm not trying to badmouth the Tigers. Just going by their schedule. They're an all time great team. You don't win 28 in a row on accident. But they're a victim of their conference/schedule. I don't think there was ever any type of agenda against them.

cwalke3408

Hoopla Cash
$ 8.57
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another thread of OSU fans bitching about Dabo

9LMcYPGhENczVUHj9

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you think their schedule this year has anything to do with it? They only played 2 teams that were ranked. A & M the 2nd week of the season, they finished 7-5. And Virginia in the CCG. Of the 11 P5 teams they played this year they beat 4 teams that finished with a winning record. None won double digits. 3 teams that finished at .500. And 4 teams that finished below .500. They also beat Wofford & Charlotte.

And I'm not trying to badmouth the Tigers. Just going by their schedule. They're an all time great team. You don't win 28 in a row on accident. But they're a victim of their conference/schedule. I don't think there was ever any type of agenda against them.
There was a Clemson fan who was complaining that people were saying that Clemson’s schedule was easy but didn’t want people to actually talk about the teams they play, only that they played 11 P5 teams.

NU_FTW

I DGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
think someone put it in his butt

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There was a Clemson fan who was complaining that people were saying that Clemson’s schedule was easy but didn’t want people to actually talk about the teams they play, only that they played 11 P5 teams.

It is what it is. The schedule's right there. No making things up about it. I know if Ohio State had a schedule like that they'd be ridiculed. But I still say Clemson gets the benefit of the doubt. And being defending champs they shouldn't (and obviously weren't) punished for that schedule.

Just hoping Ohio State can pull off the upset tomorrow night.

PIBuckeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

^ this.......

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That's a long answer for someone who doesn't care what anyone thinks.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Kind of mentioned this in a different thread. Not disrespect, we just don't know how good they are....yet.

Have only played 2 teams in top 40 in scoring offense (and they were barely in) and one on defense (also barely in). OSU has played I believe 5 on O and 6 on D.

Does not mean Clemson is not exceptional on both sides of the ball. We'll know tomorrow.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another thread of OSU fans bitching about Dabo

9LMcYPGhENczVUHj9

While Dabo bitches and moans to America. "Why do you keep disrespecting us??? Why? This is so unfair? If we lose to a team we will be #20."

Dabo whines more than a 4 year old. His schtick is getting old. This has nothing to do with him as a coach and his team...this is about him and his whining as well. Kinda goes along with Saban. Great coach, whines like a little girl.

MarkOU

License to Thrill
Hoopla Cash
$ 287.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

:exploding: