• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Is Belichick Right?

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Kneel downs don't take up very much tima at all in teh grande scheme of things. I don't think that should even be an issue.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
usually when you ask "is Bill Belichick right?" in reference to football the answer is yes. And I was just about to go on about how he's right about this too, but I forgot about one thing: the fake.

If you don't kick the extra point there's no fake extra point either. And if you move it back to the 15 yard line they're still gonna make 98% of 'em and NOBODY will try to go for two. And if they have to go for two they'll make it like 8% of the time. Gotta disagree with Bill.

the 1 point PAT kick can be moved back, agree the percentage is still high but it'll help a little.

the 2 point PAT can remain as is, or moved back a yard if others want to? for myself, no strong opinion whether to leave at 2 yard line to move?

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Kneel downs don't take up very much tima at all in teh grande scheme of things. I don't think that should even be an issue.

true, two minutes out of 60 isn't huge, but its also the most exciting 2 minutes? just saw a pre-season game where the 2 minute warning was at exactly 2:00. when they came back from commercial break, the offense went right to the kneel downs.

ok, its not the most exciting ALL the time, but you get the gist.

point is, kneel downs are wasted plays too.

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They should make it that you have to gain positive yards in order for the clock to keep running

That one would be very interesting. I don't think shortening the play clock is feasible...there's still teams (ahem...niners...ahem) that can't get plays in in time as it is.

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would be interesting, but i think it should stay the same. How crappy would it feel losing a game especially a playoff game by 1 point, because our kicker shanked it. Even with the current rule when we get down by one and we are about to kick the PAT i still worry a little that he will miss it. Its happened before.

But how is that any different than losing by 3 when the guys misses a field goal?? I would say get rid of field goals all together.

freaak

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
usually when you ask "is Bill Belichick right?" in reference to football the answer is yes. And I was just about to go on about how he's right about this too, but I forgot about one thing: the fake.

If you don't kick the extra point there's no fake extra point either. And if you move it back to the 15 yard line they're still gonna make 98% of 'em and NOBODY will try to go for two. And if they have to go for two they'll make it like 8% of the time. Gotta disagree with Bill.

Basically this. I can see a scenario where teams score TDs and need 2pt. conversion to tie. It would be more difficult for teams to tie and extend the game, thus removing more excitement from games.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Kickoffs they either need to move it back to it's previous spot or they need to force the ball to be returned unless it's kicked out of bounds.

Or better yet have all the players sign a form saying this is a dangerous game, here's the risks, don't like it than don't play and if you do play don't sue us or complain if you get hurt, and than get rid of most of the ticky tack rules they've put in the past year or so.

SRPnVA

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What happens when you want to go for 2? Would you have to do it at the 15 or 20 yard line? Maybe change 2 to 4? IDK how I feel about that.

FourBeeDen

Semi Lurker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
true, two minutes out of 60 isn't huge, but its also the most exciting 2 minutes? just saw a pre-season game where the 2 minute warning was at exactly 2:00. when they came back from commercial break, the offense went right to the kneel downs.

ok, its not the most exciting ALL the time, but you get the gist.

point is, kneel downs are wasted plays too.

what about clock stops on a kneel down?