• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Is Andrew Luck lucky?

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Luck is lucky that he has come along right when the NFL has Brady and Manning facing retirement. The league so desperately needs another historically great QB that Luck has been given the title without earning it.

It simply doesn't matter if he pisses away a game, he's teflon coated because of it.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Luck is lucky that he has come along right when the NFL has Brady and Manning facing retirement. The league so desperately needs another historically great QB that Luck has been given the title without earning it.

It simply doesn't matter if he pisses away a game, he's teflon coated because of it.
"Teflon coated" funny but true. What if he coughs it up in the playoffs again this year?

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup.

Teflon2.gif

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think sometimes these fancy stats are telling and sometimes they are meaningless. I wasn't able to get a great feel for how they calculated this other than the couple of items that were mentioned and wonder how who decided what a "dropped pass" that led to an Int was so I don't know if it was in depth enough to tell the whole story that they seem to be trying to tell.. There are a lot of times an Int is bad - in the red zone, any time you are winning late, etc. And a lot of times Ints aren't such a big deal - 3rd and long at midfield and you throw a 30 yard Int that serves like a punt, when you are losing and need to make something happen, etc.

I think it is hard for a young QB to have to carry a team. I also think throwing 40 TDs last year offsets to some degree throwing a lot of Ints. The guy is everything he was billed to be out of College. By my way to quick and probably inaccurate calculation there are 5 QBs who have more attempts than him over the last 3 years. That is a lot to ask of a QB in his first 3 seasons in the league. Of those 5 only Manning and Brees have significantly more TDs and only Manning and Brady have throw less Ints. My eyes tell me he is the real deal and I tend to go more by that than the Monday morning stats.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly I would say 30 teams would definitely trade him, and adjust their salary cap to fit him long term. The Seahawks would be the only team, other than the Pack obviously, that would think long and hard about it simply because he fits their very successful system quite well and they already have their cap mapped out. Can't think of any other team that wouldn't take him tomorrow.

Forgetting the cap it's 32 out of 32. Seattle would not hesitate for a second to take him. Wilson is a good young QB but he is not in the same league as Luck. Even GB would I'm sure trade Rodgers straight up for Luck. Yeah, for the next couple of years they would take a hit because Rodgers is better today, but Luck is 25 and Rodgers is going to be 32 this year.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think he's lucky, but over the first few years he definitely has had the benefit of the doubt a lot more than other QBs by virtue of being drafted so early. There's always been some excuse for why his efficiency numbers and turnovers haven't been on par with some of his contemporaries. I do think he's a really good QB, but I also think he's been slightly overrated because he came into the league with so much hype and expectation that we're trying really hard to make sure he lives up.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Colts offense should trend upward next year.

The thing about Grantland is that Barnwell is good at picking up trends, Mayes is good at figuring out who is good and bad in the trenches and Simmons was good at finding the outliers and Achilles heels. Without Simmons, they arent really going to make many bold predictions.

Very true. Not all QBs are blessed with the "let's just punt the ball and play defense/field position" strategy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyways, I don't think it's luck to be the best QB to come out of college in the last 30 years. I don't think it's luck to throw 40TDs in your 3rd NFL season. I also don't think it's Luck to break a franchise record in passing yards in your 3rd season for a team that had Peyton Manning for 15 years. However, I do consider him extremely lucky to have an entire fanbase in inferiority complex mode....

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, given how the Colts have performed with 40 year old Matt Hasselbeck behind center, was Andrew Luck lucky or was he truly carrying the team?

packerzrule

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyways, I don't think it's luck to be the best QB to come out of college in the last 30 years. I don't think it's luck to throw 40TDs in your 3rd NFL season. I also don't think it's Luck to break a franchise record in passing yards in your 3rd season for a team that had Peyton Manning for 15 years. However, I do consider him extremely lucky to have an entire fanbase in inferiority complex mode....

hahahaha sugar coat his stats anyway you want to. 101 TDs with 55 INT's is fuckin horrible. PERIOD

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hahahaha sugar coat his stats anyway you want to. 101 TDs with 55 INT's is fuckin horrible. PERIOD

Is it 55 INTs or 55 TOs? Because if it's 55 INTs, then wow when you add the fumbles.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Luck will be fine and will be able to turn things around, but it seemed like people were talking potential as if it happened already (draft) and then had confirmation bias plus wanted to pat themselves on the back. Again, he's been good for Indy, it's just 101 TDs to 79 turnovers? Bad team to start with, took over for a legend, got to playoffs (yes, I know their division hasn't been the best), takes chances, likeable and talented guy, etc.