• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

iPhone 6

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I use iPhone 4s for work and Android (Nexus 5) for personal. What sets the music capacity in the iPhone so far apart from Android? I use Google Play Music on my phone and if I had an Android tablet I would do the same. I hate iTunes for music and I am certainly not alone in that regard. Maybe I just don't take my music listening as seriously as others.

I use Apple products for everything except my personal phone. I like the freedom Android offers. And I don't use iPods. I don't see enough of an advantage to carry another advice opposed to just using my Android/iPhone.

The big advantage the iPhone has always had was the smoothness that its OS runs with. This was mostly due to the fact that they don't allow the provider (Sprint, AT&T, etc.) to jam the phone up with crapware. Now that I can buy my Android straight from Google and bypass all that SHIT that Samsung/your provider put on it, it kind of negates that advantage the iPhone had.

I don't hate either side, I just prefer the Nexus 5 to the iPhone and don't see anything in this new release that would give me a real advantage in switching.

Probably won't be anything to get most people to switch. Those invested in the Apple world will stay there, and the opposite as well. It will be interesting to see how many of these old Android phones all of a sudden see a spike in use because Apple lays the groundwork to bring many more vendors into the NFC loop.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I use iPhone 4s for work and Android (Nexus 5) for personal. What sets the music capacity in the iPhone so far apart from Android? I use Google Play Music on my phone and if I had an Android tablet I would do the same. I hate iTunes for music and I am certainly not alone in that regard. Maybe I just don't take my music listening as seriously as others.

I use Apple products for everything except my personal phone. I like the freedom Android offers. And I don't use iPods. I don't see enough of an advantage to carry another advice opposed to just using my Android/iPhone.

The big advantage the iPhone has always had was the smoothness that its OS runs with. This was mostly due to the fact that they don't allow the provider (Sprint, AT&T, etc.) to jam the phone up with crapware. Now that I can buy my Android straight from Google and bypass all that SHIT that Samsung/your provider put on it, it kind of negates that advantage the iPhone had.

I don't hate either side, I just prefer the Nexus 5 to the iPhone and don't see anything in this new release that would give me a real advantage in switching.

Uh, you're getting a great phone that's not made of plastic and crap? As far as I'm concerned, the only reason people buy Android phones at all is because they have some irrational hatred for Apple and/or they are cheaper phones. Sign up now and get a free Android device -- everyone in Alabama signs up.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
image.jpeg
I finally broke down and got an iPhone 6s Plus 64 GB this morning and can already going to tell I'm going to love it. I've been trying to make do using a terrible little android phone and an iPad (I have xfinity and stay connected to WIFI all over town). I was going to drop another $100 on the 128 but the sales guy was good and encouraged me to think about taking the difference in cost by settling on the 64 and putting that toward Apple Music. I have Pandora Pro right now and can sync that with the car so I'm not in a hurry to do Apple Music but they're offering a 3-month trial.

I also got an Otterbox Defender and holster. I think it's too much protection. It's tough to push the buttons and I keep having issues with keystrokes not registering because of the screen protector. That said, there's no doubt in my mind you could throw this thing against a brick wall and it wouldn't be phased.

This thing is freakin' HUGE. :eek:

williewilliejuan

Giant Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
View attachment 45379
I finally broke down and got an iPhone 6s Plus 64 GB this morning and can already going to tell I'm going to love it. I've been trying to make do using a terrible little android phone and an iPad (I have xfinity and stay connected to WIFI all over town). I was going to drop another $100 on the 128 but the sales guy was good and encouraged me to think about taking the difference in cost by settling on the 64 and putting that toward Apple Music. I have Pandora Pro right now and can sync that with the car so I'm not in a hurry to do Apple Music but they're offering a 3-month trial.

I also got an Otterbox Defender and holster. I think it's too much protection. It's tough to push the buttons and I keep having issues with keystrokes not registering because of the screen protector. That said, there's no doubt in my mind you could throw this thing against a brick wall and it wouldn't be phased.

You should convince that guy holding the phone to register for an account on the Hoop.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You should convince that guy holding the phone to register for an account on the Hoop.

That was the first webpage I loaded on the phone. Still using a computer/iPad to post.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hammer turning into a Apple fan boy, not that theirs anything wrong with that.:whistle: I love my iPad myself. Who knows maybe I'll give the iPhone a whirl when I get a new phone, maybe.....

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hammer turning into a Apple fan boy, not that theirs anything wrong with that.:whistle: I love my iPad myself. Who knows maybe I'll give the iPhone a whirl when I get a new phone, maybe.....

In fact I loved my iPad Air so much I bought the mini just to compare, still like my iPad Air much more, but the mini is cool also.

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
View attachment 45379

If you already have Amazon Prime they have a pretty decent collection of songs that are free to download or stream.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you already have Amazon Prime they have a pretty decent collection of songs that are free to download or stream.

Agreed! I haven't signed up for Apple Music because I just can't justify the cost. If I can get a friend to go in one it with me and split the cost I might but for now, Amazon Music and my iTunes collection (along with Pandora Pro when on WIFI) is keeping me busy.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Updated my mini and now my password no longer works. Yes, I'm sure I have the right password. Using Google to study this problem and the solution is to use the original password. I did buy this second hand off E bay and it's been working like a charm, up till know. Sent off a Email to the original owner, hopefully he share the password.

It short it doesn't always just work with Apple .

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
iPhone6 or the galaxy6+ edge?

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What do recommend?
Never owned a iPhone, I was simply responding to the remark that Apple products just work. The item I was having problems with was iPad mini. Based off that problem, I won't make a recommendation for a IPhone at all..

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never owned a iPhone, I was simply responding to the remark that Apple products just work. The item I was having problems with was iPad mini. Based off that problem, I won't make a recommendation for a IPhone at all..

would you recommend that Samsung Galaxy?

i've had both the iPhone and now I have the Galaxy 5 and I can't really tell the difference or make up my mind, I'm up for a new one and trying to decide

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
would you recommend that Samsung Galaxy?

i've had both the iPhone and now I have the Galaxy 5 and I can't really tell the difference or make up my mind, I'm up for a new one and trying to decide
IDK, I've got a old Samsung note 2 it works fine, but most everyone else has had problems with theirs. Never owned a iPhone myself. Some love them, some not so much....so IDK.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll add this, love my iPad Air , but my MacBook runs like a pig, much slower then my older Windows laptop. Now I got this problem with the mini. On top of that a co work had malware that totally disable his iPad. Apple couldn't help, so they gave him a "a deal on a refurbish model" at a price. Apple products are now getting targeted and their security actually sucks IMO.

In short it doesn't just work, not even close.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
iPhone6 or the galaxy6+ edge?
what is the point of the edge? I still have yet to hear. Other than either losing the edge with a case, or having a case that doesn't protect the edge.