• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Indy 500

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't ABC used to have a different play by play guy form IRL?

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hunter-Reay leads over Castroneves and Marco. Hunter-Reay got the red flag last year where he ended up third. I hope Penske doesn't win again. Anybody but Penske. It has been an exciting race though with Kurt Busch now sixth. Surprising.

douggie

Iron Duke
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,692.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hunter-Reay milk drinking time! great race.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was a great race!! This is a proud day!! An American finally has won this race and that hasn't been in a long time. Marco ended up third. He'll see the checker flag at Indy in the future. Andretti Autosport had four cars in the top six and if Hinchliffe didn't get caught up in the boneheaded accident by Townsend Bell, all five cars would have been there. Munoz finished fourth and Kurt Busch finished sixth. Hell of a finish for a rook NASCAR driver!

IndyAndy

I can't reMember
Paddock Stand, Section 23, Row QQ, Seat 4
Hoopla Cash
$ 545.78
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just got back to my sister's house a bit ago. Glad that Helio didn't win, because my brother-in-law, who had a team radio scanner, said that lots of other drivers were complaining about him blocking.

I have some pics, which I will look over & post tomorrow or Tues.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea he blocked several times during the race and they should have black flagged or gave him a drive- through penalty. He did it to Marco in the last five laps.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great race. Very happy that RHR got the win and was pleasantly surprised to see Busch pull out a good run. I figured he'd probably be a nonfactor and finish in the low teens but he kept it clean and pulled off a very respectable 6th.

Dr. Evil-er

Mayhew for President 2016
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Observations from the track yesterday......
THE BAD
1. If you don't know when you are supposed to properly remove your hat during different patriotic tributes, national anthem, prayer, etc. then don't wear one period you stupid asshole!!!!
2. If you weigh about 350 lbs and nobody can even get around the elephant sized stumps you call your legs then stay home and watch the race you pig!!!
3. If you weigh 350lbs and suddenly realize that no one can get around your elephant stumps the decision to stand up and basically set your Hiddenburg sized ass on the back support isn't a good one. When the metal bends back so far that the people behind you are jumping up to get their feet out of there because they expect it break it's a problem. Here is a carrot for you to eat, not three bags of potato chips like you ate you fat tub of shit.
4. To the numerous people (thousands I'm sure around the track) who feel the need to smoke in the stands you are pathetic. Just plain pathetic. You probably already know that, I'm just confirming it for you. When you ember falls or gets blown off and burns someone I hope you get knocked right the fuck out by that person, whether you are male or female. You would have gotten what you deserve.
5. If you are such a raging alcoholic redneck asswipe that you need a cooler big enough to hold two cases of beer and you have two of them in your 6 person party of shirtless brain dead losers you should be at a NASCAR race.
6. Many people (at least of those respectful enough to have removed them) will raise and waive their hats in recognition at the end of The National Anthem, and that's great. But raising your beer in the middle of the song and yelling out isn't.
7. I love a huge party and there was a time when the infield at Indy was the greatest party on earth to go with the greatest spectacle in racing. Now that party has moved out into the stands where the dregs of humanity make me question whether to return every year.
THE GOOD
1. Perhaps the best race itself I can remember. There were at least 8 really good cars with 50 laps to go that could have won that race. Sorry NASCAR fans but Busch was not one of them. He had a good car and represented himself extremely well but only the wrecks of 4 other better cars put him in the top 10.
2. The red flag. Great decision.
3. Jim Nabors, as always. He will be missed. Very curious to see who might be his replacement.
4. David Letterman, for continuing to support the worst race team in Indycar today. Seriously, didn't Graham Rahal win his very first Indycar race? They have been a joke ever since.
5. The drive home. Has anyone else ever noticed how much faster your highway speed is just to stay with the regular flow of traffic? Got home quick again yesterday.
6. Andretti Motorsports. Good for you. What a day. Hopefully Marco next year.
7. The weather. Fantastic.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dr. Evil-er. I have the same complaints when I go to the track. I know people simply do not have any civic awareness anymore or patriotic respect (mainly since they stopped teaching a Civics course in High School back in the 70's and the me generations are just plain assholes) and your positives were exactly what I was thinking. Michael Andretti has really developed an excellent team and I think Marco will break through in the future (Mario's influence doesn't hurt either).

IndyAndy

I can't reMember
Paddock Stand, Section 23, Row QQ, Seat 4
Hoopla Cash
$ 545.78
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats, Retroram, on a pretty decent job of picking the podium for this one. :clap:

You got 1st & 3rd place correct, which is good for 7 points. All I got was Andretti out of position, which only yields me 1 point.

So here are our Season Totals so far:

Retroram52: 15 points
IndyAndy: 5 points.

Next Up: the 1st double-header weekend of the season, Sat & Sun at Belle Isle. :)

Going to upload my 500 pics to the computer now & see which ones are worth posting.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks Indy. It was a good day for Andretti Autosport all around. I am looking forward to the Double in Detroit my good man!

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saw that de Silvestre's car fire incident. What the hell is going on at Andretti Autosport? They have been nothing short of a comedy of errors this year and switching to Honda has been disastrous for Andretti. None of their drivers has finished in the top five this year and Chevrolet is just going to continue to kill Honda, front wing fins present or not.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saw that de Silvestre's car fire incident. What the hell is going on at Andretti Autosport? They have been nothing short of a comedy of errors this year and switching to Honda has been disastrous for Andretti. None of their drivers has finished in the top five this year and Chevrolet is just going to continue to kill Honda, front wing fins present or not.
didn't Simona finish 4th for Andretti Motorsports?

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, Schoompy, she did and I spaced-out that one-race deal in NOLA. Other than that, I was correct. Better?

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Castroneves went flying too and is lucky he didn't go head-first into a catch fence like Weldon or we'd be discussing another IRL fatality.