• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Indy 500

IndyAndy

I can't reMember
Paddock Stand, Section 23, Row QQ, Seat 4
Hoopla Cash
$ 545.78
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Carlos Munoz is fastest again on Thursday; 225.163.

Fellow Rookie Conor Daly had the week's 1st wall-banger, stuffing his mount into the Turn 1 Safer Barrier. Conor was checked out & cleared by the Medical Center & (I'm assuming) will be right back at it tomorrow.

Buddy Lazier finally got his car on track - for three installation/check laps at around 106 mph.

Hey; at least it's something!

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Munoz and Marco are really cooking and I like that aggressive approach which has been somewhat missing at Andretti Autosport. E.J. Viso may be beginning to look over his shoulder if Munoz keeps doing what is doing.

IndyAndy

I can't reMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 545.78
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On Fast Friday E.J. Viso posted the fastest lap at IMS since 2003; 229.537. :clap:

32 drivers logged laps: Only Conor Daly could get on track (the Foyt crew must be waiting on replacement parts).

The weather forecast for Pole Day is very dicey, and part - or all - of Saturday may well get rained out. I'm going to wait until 1st thing in the morning to do a last radar/forecast check before deciding if I'm going to make the trip down.

If I do go, I'll be sure to take my little video recorder, so that I can try my best to give everyone a 'feel' for the overall atmosphere of Indy quals. :)

IndyAndy

I can't reMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 545.78
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I gambled on the weather & opted not to drive down to IMS. So far, it looks like I got it right: Folks posting on the IndyCar forum site from there are saying it's been on-again, off-again showers all morning.

It takes at least two hours to dry the track after a serious rain event. - Only time will tell how much of the day is a wash out.

IF there is still enough of a qualifying program remaining for tomorrow to make it worth my while, I may yet head down there: The Sunday forecast looks much better.

... And it seems that we will have an honest-to-gosh Bump Day: Multiple credible sources are tweeting ATM that Katherine Legge has signed a deal to run Schmidt's open car. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
230 is right around the corner if Viso lit it up for that. I think the pole sitter may come from Andretti Autosport as Viso is hearing the footsteps of Munoz and others from his own team.

BUCCS469

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #3
And now getting to 33 is looking 'iffy' again... :(

Word is that Buddy Rice's deal fell through, & Sam Schmidt is shopping the car about. There may be a deal announced today, but who knows at this point.

Also, Buddy Lazier has yet to turn any laps as far as I can find.

Everyone else did make it onto the track yesterday, with James Hinchcliffe posting the fastest lap; 224.210.

Fingers crossed that we get a couple more driver signings today. :hope:

i dont think it will be a serious problem...teams will roll back ups out on bump day if that car has attempts left....kurt busch is a guy i wouldnt rule out either....breezed through rookie orientation and has nearly 100 laps under his belt...but i do sorely miss bump days from 20-25 years ago...as a kid they were some of the most compelling days in all my memories.

BUCCS469

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #3
230 is right around the corner if Viso lit it up for that. I think the pole sitter may come from Andretti Autosport as Viso is hearing the footsteps of Munoz and others from his own team.

allmendinger has also been very fast....simon pagenaud very quick too....a lot of guys in the low to mid 229's

BUCCS469

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #3
I gambled on the weather & opted not to drive down to IMS. So far, it looks like I got it right: Folks posting on the IndyCar forum site from there are saying it's been on-again, off-again showers all morning.

It takes at least two hours to dry the track after a serious rain event. - Only time will tell how much of the day is a wash out.

IF there is still enough of a qualifying program remaining for tomorrow to make it worth my while, I may yet head down there: The Sunday forecast looks much better.

... And it seems that we will have an honest-to-gosh Bump Day: Multiple credible sources are tweeting ATM that Katherine Legge has signed a deal to run Schmidt's open car. :)

interesting news....i just remember her horrific crash

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Allmendinger is fast. Hinchcliffe just took P2. The average seems to be around 227-228mph.

BUCCS469

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #3
i think sppeds will increase as the afternoon wears on....watch for pagenaud....he goes out 2nd to last

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Typical snake-bit Andretti Autosport. Comes out looking stout in practice and then gets hammered when the time comes to actually put the same numbers up for qualifying. Penske occupies 1-2 right now. Freakin headcase at Indy pisses me off.

BUCCS469

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #3
Typical snake-bit Andretti Autosport. Comes out looking stout in practice and then gets hammered when the time comes to actually put the same numbers up for qualifying. Penske occupies 1-2 right now. Freakin headcase at Indy pisses me off.

it is what it is...andretti's have had bad luck for 40 years....not likely to change anytime soon

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Makes two of us Andy. BUCCS, you'd think that after doing stupid stuff that contributes to the belief that a given family is snake bit, would it not make more sense to just go racing and keep doing the things that get you wins elsewhere rather than believe in superstition? Except for Mario, Mikey has really bought into the snakebit narrative both as a driver and an owner.The obvious thing is he does not have to.

IndyAndy

I can't reMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 545.78
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It takes a (Chevy) bowtie to earn an invitation to the Fast Nine.

All five Andrettis, all three Penskes,

... and local boy Ed Carpenter. :clap:

I wonder if Honda will surprise us all on Race day, just like they did last year. :noidea:

Come on, IndyCar - get your live video streaming up & working properly! :gaah:

IndyAndy

I can't reMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 545.78
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:high5: :first: :whoo: :nod:

Yeah, baby!!!

The one car, owner/driver David slays two Goliaths!

Way to go, Ed Carpenter. :suds:

... and a tip of the hat to Carlos Munoz - who really should have stuffed it into the wall with the line that he was taking!

BUCCS469

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #3
Makes two of us Andy. BUCCS, you'd think that after doing stupid stuff that contributes to the belief that a given family is snake bit, would it not make more sense to just go racing and keep doing the things that get you wins elsewhere rather than believe in superstition? Except for Mario, Mikey has really bought into the snakebit narrative both as a driver and an owner.The obvious thing is he does not have to.

michael having engine troubles while dominating...mario giving multiple opportunities away to various failures...marco losing a big lead on the last lap to sam hornish....jeff andretti ruining his legs...john was never a factor...bettenhausen is the only other name that comes immediately to mind that is more cursed at indy...granatelli maybe is another

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep BUCCS, that about chronicles the entire Andretti experience although Mikey has won three of them as an owner. He is doing something right for a change.