• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Indians @ Phillies Thread

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously though, how did Velasquez pitch? I missed the game

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think it could be '04 because its a Vet towel isn't it?
Yeah,it was the end of the Veteran's stadium era. I'm sure I could figure out the exact game with Google and baseball reference because I remember the score was unusual. It was later in the season and they were still in contention. The game was against the Marlins and the Phillies scored something like 15 runs. It was a near sellout and people went crazy with the towels. They finished a couple games out that year, but after the awful 1990's I consider the start of the "glory days" when Bowa came back and took them back over .500.

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously though, how did Velasquez pitch? I missed the game
Velasquez looked good. He had a few walks but he was able to get out of any trouble he got himself into. I don't think he gave up any extra base hits

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah,it was the end of the Veteran's stadium era. I'm sure I could figure out the exact game with Google and baseball reference because I remember the score was unusual. It was later in the season and they were still in contention. The game was against the Marlins and the Phillies scored something like 15 runs. It was a near sellout and people went crazy with the towels. They finished a couple games out that year, but after the awful 1990's I consider the start of the "glory days" when Bowa came back and took them back over .500.
I could be confusing two games, but was the 15 run game against Dontrelle Willis?

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could be confusing two games, but was the 15 run game against Dontrelle Willis?
I don't remember. I remember it was on a week night. And it might not have been exactly 15-could have been 14 or 16. Once it gets up that high, and you're having a few adult beverages you kind of lose track. At least I saved the towel though

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't remember. I remember it was on a week night. And it might not have been exactly 15-could have been 14 or 16. Once it gets up that high, and you're having a few adult beverages you kind of lose track. At least I saved the towel though
I never really got drinking at games. I'm too young to do so legally, but I have been quite drunk watching a few Phillies games at home. Baseball just isn't really suited for alcohol in my mind. Maybe the problem is that I'm still at the age where you drink to get plastered; not to have 2 or 3 beers and just cool off. That would probably be better. But I never understand people who spend tons of money on great seats, and then drink so much that they can't even remember the game or what happened. I guess some people need booze to act like an asshole and yell at opposing players, but I'm fully capable of doing so sober.

At least it's better than smoking weed and watching baseball, which is just disrespectful to the game

jvett77

Hoopla Cash
$ 836.47
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Jesus Christ, the fraud's been exposed. This towel could be worth $500.

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never really got drinking at games. I'm too young to do so legally, but I have been quite drunk watching a few Phillies games at home. Baseball just isn't really suited for alcohol in my mind. Maybe the problem is that I'm still at the age where you drink to get plastered; not to have 2 or 3 beers and just cool off. That would probably be better. But I never understand people who spend tons of money on great seats, and then drink so much that they can't even remember the game or what happened. I guess some people need booze to act like an asshole and yell at opposing players, but I'm fully capable of doing so sober.

At least it's better than smoking weed and watching baseball, which is just disrespectful to the game
Sometimes you just drink out of habit, especially when someone is walking through the stands selling it. But I think my inability to remember the details had more to do with it being 13 years ago than anything. But through the magic of the internet, I found the game. It was a 14-0 win in September over Carl Pavano, with the legendary Vicente Padilla getting the start and win for the Phillies.

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, when I was looking back at the game log for that season, the Phillies had 18 games where they scored in double figures. It was certainly a different era. How many times have they even scored 5 runs this year?

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny. Look who's a tough guy now.

Too bad you were a sniveling quim the other day, or you could be choosing my avatar, you pussy.
I'm not quite sure what you're talking about. I don't care what your avatar is. In fact, when I joked about the picture of me in a speedo if they lost, I never said anything about if they won, because, like I said, I don't give a rat's ass what your avatar is.

You calling me a "pussy," while probably not confrontational, is mistaken. It's a morals thing. It's like someone refusing to murder someone because they know it's wrong, not because they're afraid of the law or some sort of retribution.

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny. Look who's a tough guy now.

Too bad you were a sniveling quim the other day, or you could be choosing my avatar, you pussy.
I mean you're talking to someone who a year and a half ago, committed crimes, in full knowledge of what he was doing, that got him charged with 5 felonies, and then had to go away for 8 months awaiting for trial. If that didn't make me run and hide, an avatar change on a message board certainly won't.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice win and we are a five-game winning streak. The Phillies are learning to win again and this great to watch!

_phiLLies_

shut up baby, i know it
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This braindead front office is full of braindead suits collecting braindead players who play on a braindead level never quite achieved by braindeads before their time. This collective knucklehead braindead sandwich will just keep making stupid trades because they are braindead. These braindead punks have no clue what their braindead selves are doing despite winning 2 pennants, a championship and having a winning record for the huge majority of time from 2000 to the braindead present. A couple of braindead losing seasons from this braindead ownership, braindead management and braindead players is unnacceptable.

Braindead!

FIFY.

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
blocked!