• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I'm very excited about this Den game.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
giphy.gif

This team just finds ways to lose it seems?? That is 3 games that they had to work at it, to lose.

Detroit, Minnesota and now Denver should all be W's.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm still dumbfounded that they went for it there on 4th and goal from the 5.

Unnecessary gamble. With 10:10 left on the clock, it was just a dumb risk, that really was completely unnecessary. Had the game been 38-30 at that point and obvious to everyone that we couldn't stop em' all day, then I could understand the desperation, but with a lifetime left, a full cache of timeouts and a D that had played well enough to win, the decision to go for it, sucks my sweaty underside.

This staff is the best we've ever had, but there have been 3 or 4 in-game decisions by them that have left allot to be desired. Yesterday's may have been the worst, considering the magnitude of the game and what it meant.

Skerpokes

Calmer Than You Are
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting play calling for sure. I will say that had they scored the touchdown on that 4th down, today we'd all be praising Fox on how ballsy he was. And the play call on that 2 point conversion, I was left dumbfounded after. But again, had they converted it, we wouldn't be talking about it today. Coulda woulda shoulda.

I AM happy however that the Bears are competitive for the most part. Makes watching games a hell of a lot more enjoyable than they were last year. Go Bears.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting play calling for sure. I will say that had they scored the touchdown on that 4th down, today we'd all be praising Fox on how ballsy he was. And the play call on that 2 point conversion, I was left dumbfounded after. But again, had they converted it, we wouldn't be talking about it today. Coulda woulda shoulda.

I AM happy however that the Bears are competitive for the most part. Makes watching games a hell of a lot more enjoyable than they were last year. Go Bears.

Honestly, on the 4th and goal from the 5, I would still be questioning it. I would be happy af, but I would still be questioning it. I was questioning it before they snapped the ball. I just don't agree with the decision, the timing, the setting,...none of it adds up. And I question Jays decision making there too. I wonder if the goalline collision with Harrison Smith of the Vikes a couple of weeks ago, is still fresh in his mind, cuz it definitely looks like he could have ran it in there on the 3rd down play and possibly even the 4th, tho the 4th looked like it could've closed quickly.

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BD7... I'm trying to think... were they Down 8 or just 1 when they went for it on the 4 yard line?

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bears have the past 3 losses by a total of 8 points.
Sure beats the embarrassment of 40+ points given up last year by the Defense during games....

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am pretty sure they would have cut it to 5.

This^^^^

It was an 8 point lead, with 10:10 left to play.

It was simply John Fox blowing his wad on his former employer's leg. He prolly had visions of Centaurs galloping through his head, with the faces of John Elway on em'.

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well... Fox is always criticized for being too conservative... he makes a bold, all be it questionable call, that fails and now he's killed for being bold. If that play scores and the Bears win- Fox is a genius. And we are all talking about how badly we are going to beat the Packers this week.

All I'm saying is we can't have it both ways.

It turned out to be a dumb call. And a bad play at that... I can't tell if he had CONFIDENCE in the Offense for gaining 4 yards or Confidence in his D for stopping them if they didn't get it... OR didn't trust the O to get back there again and this might have been the only shot they had at scoring a TD. (which he alluded to in the post game...and which we later learn wasn't true)

Either way... What's done is done. I'm sticking with Foxy.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well... Fox is always criticized for being too conservative... he makes a bold, all be it questionable call, that fails and now he's killed for being bold. If that play scores and the Bears win- Fox is a genius. And we are all talking about how badly we are going to beat the Packers this week.

All I'm saying is we can't have it both ways.

It turned out to be a dumb call. And a bad play at that... I can't tell if he had CONFIDENCE in the Offense for gaining 4 yards or Confidence in his D for stopping them if they didn't get it... OR didn't trust the O to get back there again and this might have been the only shot they had at scoring a TD. (which he alluded to in the post game...and which we later learn wasn't true)

Either way... What's done is done. I'm sticking with Foxy.

Look, I like Fox and love what him and his staff have done with this team, but there is really no way to spin that decision. I just don't care for it. There is no reason to not have faith in the team, they played well enough against a good Denver team. There was just too much time in the game for it.

As I stated earlier, I would not have been calling him a genius had they scored. I would've been happy, but I still would've been scratching my head. There was no reason to be so desperate with that much time left.

C

cubzzzfanincali

oh God, come on guys. Yeah sure, a few plays here or there and we are 7-3, but a few plays here or there and we are 1-9. We won 3 games by a total of 7 points, and some could easily point to some fortuitous circumstances. Let's put it this way..we were beaten soundly 3 times, we won 1 game really convincingly, and the rest of the games have been fun to watch because no one knew.

4-6 fits this team right. Not horrible, but really, not very good. Rushing defense is team's biggest flaw. Jenkins McPhee Goldman have shown flashes but fundamentally have been very flawed run defenders. Everything else is up and down, O line, secondary, QB, WRs, RBs. It is a very inconsistent team, top to bottom. That's part of what makes them fun to watch.

I'm equally mixed on my opinion of the coaches. I admire their willingness to try to use the wrenches to fix problems, but they have definitely fucked up a few times too. But so what? We knew before this season that Fox was a bad game manager. He still seems to have the team playing hard, and his ideas work some of the time. Gase has been pretty good. I'm a little disappointed in Fangio, but willing to give him a lot more time considering the sheer lack of talent on the defensive side of the roster.

This is a fun team to watch, since at least some of the key guys are younger. With good drafts, we might seriously compete in a couple of years. In the meantime, should be good to watch again, especially Thursday (I am eating T-day with a whole house of Packer fans....man I hope the Bears pull out their good side this week!)

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your a little disappointed in Fangio? For me, he is the one coach that has done everything right. He is the most impressive of the 3. Gase don't impress me much. Fox either. I like both but Fangio is the stud here. House full of Packer fans? That could be real fun or real bad. Just can't tell with this team but my gut says the Bears are gonna play solid against GB.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
gaston, Unrein, Callahan, Prosinski, anderson (not DJ) Barrow? you need to have a program and google to identify these defenders.

Like I said before, the only problem I had with Fangio was not altering his system to fit a 4-3 front and use this as a transition year, but long term, if these players remain here, will help their development.

The only thing I give Fox any credit for on Sunday was getting Mariani off Kick returns. Looked like there was actually a shot to get some yardage.

C

cubzzzfanincali

Your a little disappointed in Fangio? For me, he is the one coach that has done everything right. He is the most impressive of the 3. Gase don't impress me much. Fox either. I like both but Fangio is the stud here.

What makes you say that? We have one of the absolute worst run defenses in the league, they are in the lower half in turnovers and sacks, and the pass defense is a little better but still below average. Now, sure, I accept it as a work in progress, I'm not saying "let's get rid of Fangio", he needs some time to try to show something and 3-4 transitions take a couple of drafts, but it's hard to look at the results and say he has "done everything right." If this is him doing everything right, I'd hate to see what it looks like if he makes some mistakes.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, considering that this D was abysmal the last two years and that it's an entirely new scheme, I'd say it's been a very pleasant turn-around...one that is very exciting considering it's his first year and he hasn't had a chance to put his imprint on the roster.

Add in all the injuries and I'd say he's done a remarkable job.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What makes you say that? We have one of the absolute worst run defenses in the league, they are in the lower half in turnovers and sacks, and the pass defense is a little better but still below average. Now, sure, I accept it as a work in progress, I'm not saying "let's get rid of Fangio", he needs some time to try to show something and 3-4 transitions take a couple of drafts, but it's hard to look at the results and say he has "done everything right." If this is him doing everything right, I'd hate to see what it looks like if he makes some mistakes.
For having little talent he has them playing hard and playing together. I don't believe 90% of other DC could do as well as what he has done. And he is playing a lot of young guys. Now Gase has talent to work with on the O side. Just need some health.

C

cubzzzfanincali

The majority of the defensive roster is new this year. Yes I get it, it takes time, but it's not correct to say he had no imprint on he defensive roster.

Obviously it takes time. It's too soon to judge things. But in he same vein, there's really nothing in the body of work to be throwing around words like "stud."

I guess the disappointment I'm feeling centers mostly on how bad the run defense continues to be. This was the one thing I thought he would do a better job with, and it hasn't happened. But we will see how things develop.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The majority of the defensive roster is new this year. Yes I get it, it takes time, but it's not correct to say he had no imprint on he defensive roster.

Obviously it takes time. It's too soon to judge things. But in he same vein, there's really nothing in the body of work to be throwing around words like "stud."

I guess the disappointment I'm feeling centers mostly on how bad the run defense continues to be. This was the one thing I thought he would do a better job with, and it hasn't happened. But we will see how things develop.
I stand by stud DC. I agree the run D has been the weak spot but we have guys missing from the Dline that were starters. And it's still a much better run D then last year. He is using rookies and guys I never heard of, other players are playing new positions and yet were getting better every game. Well be a real top 10 def by years end. I stand by stud DC.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well Osweiller proved he might be the real deal last night and TJ Misslehead out in the second half, two were carted off the field.

C

cubzzzfanincali

I stand by stud DC. I agree the run D has been the weak spot but we have guys missing from the Dline that were starters. And it's still a much better run D then last year. He is using rookies and guys I never heard of, other players are playing new positions and yet were getting better every game. Well be a real top 10 def by years end. I stand by stud DC.

The run defense is not better than last year. Sure, injuries and rookies, new scheme, got it. But the actual results...are actually worse. Last year, 4.3 YPC, this year 4.8 YPC. And you call that "much better"?