• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Im missing things.. What happened with Kesler vs AV?

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
can anyone recap?

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
just a small disagreement in the family ... nothing to see here!!!

The latest tempest to blow over Teapot Canucks arrived this morning when Ryan Kesler was asked to comment on something Alain Vigneault had said last night after the Canucks’ 4-2 loss to Anaheim.

What, Vigneault was asked, is missing from Kesler’s game?

“That’s a good question,” Vigneault said. “Ryan is such an important part of our team with the number of minutes he plays, both on specialty teams and five-on-five.

“He’s got to use the players around him a little bit more so he can get into open space and create the type of offensive chances and be the defensive player he can be.

“But I don’t think tonight, pointing a finger at Ryan Kesler – the way the group played – is the right thing to do.”

Kesler was unaware of the remarks, heard them out of context and they were paraphrased anyway when he was asked to respond.

He should have said something like, “That’s the first I’ve heard of them and I don’t feel I can address something I didn’t hear myself.”

Instead, this is what he said: “I don’t know what he means by that. If he wants to say that, he can come to me and talk to me about it.

“I’m going to play my game, the thing that’s made me successful. I know what that is and if he wants to come talk to me, he’s more than welcome.”

Can you imagine if Kesler had tried to joke and said something along the lines of: “AV has got to use the assistant coaches around him a bit more.”

Read more: Kesler bristles when asked about Vigneault's post-game comment

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah this is nothing. that reporter ambushed him with way out of context question.

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, that was a BS play by the reporter. Kes obviously could have handled it better, but that reporter should be ashamed.

That said, I'd love to have that kind of reporter down here in San Jose. I really like David Pollack because he's a classy guy.....but he lobs up soft tosses for the Coaches and Players even after they play terribly.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
its just a case of vancouver media talking hockey ... actually ONLY canucks hockey ... into the ground

its like nothing else goes on in sports just the canucks

on the other side of the spectrum ... today Claude Julien ripped Nathan Horton for his play and you wont hear boo from boston media ... mostly because they like to slurp and dont want to cause problems for their favorite team but also because they have other teams so they arent talking bruins hockey 24/7

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
its just a case of vancouver media talking hockey ... actually ONLY canucks hockey ... into the ground

its like nothing else goes on in sports just the canucks

on the other side of the spectrum ... today Claude Julien ripped Nathan Horton for his play and you wont hear boo from boston media ... mostly because they like to slurp and dont want to cause problems for their favorite team but also because they have other teams so they arent talking bruins hockey 24/7

Yeah, I never realized how crazy Vancouver Media is for Canucks players. I found out about it when Potvin got traded there. Granted he didn't play well for you guys (so a lot of it was deserving), but they constantly threw Felix (and a lot of other goaltenders/players) under the bus.

If Gallagher was a writer down here in SJ, I think some of the Sharks players would cry. Or DWilson would probably ban him from any special media badges. They shield the hell out of the players down here. I guess there are Pros and Cons to both.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
If Gallagher was a writer down here in SJ, I think some of the Sharks players would cry. Or DWilson would probably ban him from any special media badges. They shield the hell out of the players down here. I guess there are Pros and Cons to both.

anyone remember.... was it Gallagher, or Neil McRae that was banned from the room up here several years ago?

I think Coach V might be taking a page from the Brian Burke Media Relations handbook here.
the team is playing like shit (2 regulation wins in their last 9), and all of a sudden the media is talking about something entirely different.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
anyone remember.... was it Gallagher, or Neil McRae that was banned from the room up here several years ago?

I think Coach V might be taking a page from the Brian Burke Media Relations handbook here.
the team is playing like shit (2 regulation wins in their last 9), and all of a sudden the media is talking about something entirely different.

both have been banned before.