• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I'm getting excited

mutigers1fan

the SoCo kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about Mark Bulger, Demarcus Russell, Vince Young, Tony Romo??

Bulger had no talent around him, Russell spent more time in the drive through than the weight room, VY did too much drinking and smoking(and had a 31-19 QB record), Romo is stuck playing for Jerry Jones and his dysfunctional organization yet is a pretty darn good QB statistically.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea Mutigers, but they all had the deer-in-the-headlights look more than once during their careers past or present.

mutigers1fan

the SoCo kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea Mutigers, but they all had the deer-in-the-headlights look more than once during their careers past or present.

Yes, but thats not the reason for their struggles, just happens to be a common denominator. Doesn't mean there's anything causal behind it. I don't think you can use their career performances to project that of younger guys.

BTW, fun fact, Romo had a higher passer rating that Big Ben, Kaep, Bradford, Alex Smith, Cam Newton, Brady, Luck, Stafford and RG3 last year. Those guys are in that order too, found it interesting.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I cold play QB with Romo's weapons on offense. Doesn't mean he's bad. I think he gets a lot of flack and hasn't had much of an O-line, along with a dipshit owner drafting the previous 4-5 years. The Cowboys might be the biggest dipshits when drafting, slightly worse than the Rams FO.

Don't forget the Cowboys coach is really just a good OC that Jerry fell in love with. Jason (forgot his last name) is nothing but a newer version of Mike Martz. Totally one-dimensional and forgets about the running game.

I'm living in Dallas now. These people hate Jerry Jones.

Back to Sam, yeah it's put up or shut up. And he's in a tough division.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I cold play QB with Romo's weapons on offense. Doesn't mean he's bad. I think he gets a lot of flack and hasn't had much of an O-line, along with a dipshit owner drafting the previous 4-5 years. The Cowboys might be the biggest dipshits when drafting, slightly worse than the Rams FO.

Don't forget the Cowboys coach is really just a good OC that Jerry fell in love with. Jason (forgot his last name) is nothing but a newer version of Mike Martz. Totally one-dimensional and forgets about the running game.

:agree:

However that sounds like 'the excuses are starting' when it's coming from me. :lol:

Here's to Sam making it simple for us all where he clearly puts up! :suds:

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Cowboys have deteriorated, and it all points back to Jerry's issues with Jimmy Johnson IMO.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Difference between Romo and Sam is that Romo has put up some good numbers and made the playoffs. Didn't go far, but he got it done.

jacobarch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Difference between Romo and Sam is that Romo has put up some good numbers and made the playoffs. Didn't go far, but he got it done.

Romo has gotten worse and worse as his team has gotten worse and worse around him. I too think romo can be a pretty good qb. But he'll never accomplish anything in Dallas. for one reason, Jerry Jones.

ozarkram

Animale rurale
Hoopla Cash
$ 190.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While I like Romo. I just wish the Rams would beat the bleeping cowboys. :nod:

BOSS429Mustang

Politically Incorrect
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's OK Ozark. Let the Cowboys beat us when there is not as much at stake. But these things seem to even out, and when the game is more important our time will come against them.

mutigers1fan

the SoCo kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can I just say that I think the large majority of pro athletes really don't care what fans think at all?

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some of them do mutigers but you're right about the majority. Most don't. As long as they are getting paid, they could care less and many have no loyalties to one team like the fans think they do or wish they did. This is blatantly evident when a player becomes a FA. Most readily sign with the highest bidder which sometimes is their old team. Other than that, that initial paradigm is a figment of the fans' imagination.

mutigers1fan

the SoCo kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We all have long time ties to teams though, they don't. I'm 21, lets say I get drafted by Buffalo. I don't really like or dislike Buffalo, they're just kinda there. In 4 years my contract comes up, this isn't the team of my childhood and I probably haven't even lived up there in the offseason, so whats to stop me from leaving? If I love my coaches and team mates then maybe I want to stay but there's so much turnover in personel that those reason's likely won't even mean much. I have a short period of time in which to get paid so I better maximize my earnings before I retire at 30 and have my health coverage dropped.

Rambunctious

9er hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
24 days until the Rams take the preseason field vs the Saints....I noticed today that my beautiful wife is starting to stock the freezer with those little frozen tacos and taquitos...Party Time!

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We all have long time ties to teams though, they don't. I'm 21, lets say I get drafted by Buffalo. I don't really like or dislike Buffalo, they're just kinda there. In 4 years my contract comes up, this isn't the team of my childhood and I probably haven't even lived up there in the offseason, so whats to stop me from leaving? If I love my coaches and team mates then maybe I want to stay but there's so much turnover in personel that those reason's likely won't even mean much. I have a short period of time in which to get paid so I better maximize my earnings before I retire at 30 and have my health coverage dropped.

Just because you used Buffalo as an example, the exact opposite happened with Jim Kelly. He wanted no part of Buffalo and went to the USFL to dodge them. When the USFL crumbled, he resigned himself to playing for Buffalo and never left. He's now the living embodiment of the Bills' best years and may even become part of a new ownership group, health permitting. It really comes down to the group of players and fans that you end up with. Of course, winning helps a lot as well. Good luck convincing free agents to stay in Buffalo these days; they need a few good seasons to get things back on track, and at least have positive memories to draw upon that aren't 20 years old or more.