• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ike Taylor

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was interviewed by Seattle radio, it was pretty funny because they were jaw jacking about the 05 Bowl back and forth... But Ike made a VERY good point... He was saying defensively it's HUGE when you can generate a good pass rush with your front 4 and have 7 back in coverage in a zone... He was saying in a zone you can have all eyes on the quarterback, and if the QB has little time it's a massive advantage for the defense ... As apposed to man when eyes leave the QB... That's a dam good point ... Denver did run a lot more zone vs the Pats and with that pass rush Brady was saying it made it very difficult, he wasn't used to seeing Denver do that, and he openly said it threw him off a bit .... I"m interested to see if they keep that strategy going in this game.....

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Isn't he the guy that hypes up like every player on the top 100 coutdown every year?

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's cool ... I like his insight ...

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was interviewed by Seattle radio, it was pretty funny because they were jaw jacking about the 05 Bowl back and forth... But Ike made a VERY good point... He was saying defensively it's HUGE when you can generate a good pass rush with your front 4 and have 7 back in coverage in a zone... He was saying in a zone you can have all eyes on the quarterback, and if the QB has little time it's a massive advantage for the defense ... As apposed to man when eyes leave the QB... That's a dam good point ... Denver did run a lot more zone vs the Pats and with that pass rush Brady was saying it made it very difficult, he wasn't used to seeing Denver do that, and he openly said it threw him off a bit .... I"m interested to see if they keep that strategy going in this game.....

I think the Broncos will do that some, but probably not as much as they did against Brady, since Brady gets rid of the ball quickly on short routes. Newton tends to hold the ball longer and make longer throws. Panthers o-line is probably also better than NE's.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Zone...the key is the pressure...if you're not moving effecting the QB in 2.5 to 3 secs...good ones are going to move the ball. In this game it makes sense to play zone because you can't have your back to Cam too often.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Zone...the key is the pressure...if you're not moving effecting the QB in 2.5 to 3 secs...good ones are going to move the ball. In this game it makes sense to play zone because you can't have your back to Cam too often.

True....

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

See I am torn on this. The Broncos have been a primarily man team all year. I mean it has gotten them to being the top defense in the league so is it wise in the biggest game of the year to change your identity. At the same time the Broncos have played more zone in the last 2 games than probably any other games all year and well it got them 2 playoff wins.

Right now this is what I would do. I would go 50-50 to keep Cam guessing. When in Man I would stick Bradley Roby on Ted Ginn Jr. as Roby is the one corner we have that has the speed and actual coverage ability to keep up with him. I would also then stick Talib on Olson. He has covered big fast TE's before and found success. I think he can match up one on one and win that battle at least 50% of the time. Then Harris goes on whatever other WR is on the field. Then I have Darian Stewart playing a Cover-1 Corner up the middle to help out with the deep coverage. That then leaves 7 other players to help and stop the run and the short passes. This allows the team to continue to blitz as Cam actually when under pressure has been a mediocre at best QB this year. PFF had him ranked I think 18th when under pressure for QB Rating.

Zone Coverage I try to do more of a Dick Lebeau Zone Blitz style where they try to confuse the OL where the pressure is coming from. Makes it much harder for Cam to make reads in both the pass and run game. It is also what the Broncos used a lot in the AFC Championship game to confuse Brady and how Von Miller was able to get a huge interception. None of this is an easy task but to me it is the best way to try and stop the run while also getting pressure on Cam trying to force him into making a big mistake.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
See I am torn on this. The Broncos have been a primarily man team all year. I mean it has gotten them to being the top defense in the league so is it wise in the biggest game of the year to change your identity. At the same time the Broncos have played more zone in the last 2 games than probably any other games all year and well it got them 2 playoff wins.

Right now this is what I would do. I would go 50-50 to keep Cam guessing. When in Man I would stick Bradley Roby on Ted Ginn Jr. as Roby is the one corner we have that has the speed and actual coverage ability to keep up with him. I would also then stick Talib on Olson. He has covered big fast TE's before and found success. I think he can match up one on one and win that battle at least 50% of the time. Then Harris goes on whatever other WR is on the field. Then I have Darian Stewart playing a Cover-1 Corner up the middle to help out with the deep coverage. That then leaves 7 other players to help and stop the run and the short passes. This allows the team to continue to blitz as Cam actually when under pressure has been a mediocre at best QB this year. PFF had him ranked I think 18th when under pressure for QB Rating.

Zone Coverage I try to do more of a Dick Lebeau Zone Blitz style where they try to confuse the OL where the pressure is coming from. Makes it much harder for Cam to make reads in both the pass and run game. It is also what the Broncos used a lot in the AFC Championship game to confuse Brady and how Von Miller was able to get a huge interception. None of this is an easy task but to me it is the best way to try and stop the run while also getting pressure on Cam trying to force him into making a big mistake.

I'm in!...great job.

I like mixing it up...but my base would be zone, and blitz out of that. I'm sure Shula will have enough pre-snap motion to have an idea what DEF might be in. Man fear of man say around mid-field, if he takes off and a LB misses a tackle...it could be 6 with this guy...I want the defenders to able to see him on that part of the field.

I think the key to the game for the DEN DEF...keep those 3+ yds running plays to 2 or less...if they're churning out 3 to 3+ a crack, playaction is going to be open...on the flip..if Cam is facing 3rd and 5+ a lot they can tee off on the edge.

I'm still on the same plane in terms of the outcome, but I know it could go either way...should be a good game to watch.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm in!...great job.

I like mixing it up...but my base would be zone, and blitz out of that. I'm sure Shula will have enough pre-snap motion to have an idea what DEF might be in. Man fear of man say around mid-field, if he takes off and a LB misses a tackle...it could be 6 with this guy...I want the defenders to able to see him on that part of the field.

I think the key to the game for the DEN DEF...keep those 3+ yds running plays to 2 or less...if they're churning out 3 to 3+ a crack, playaction is going to be open...on the flip..if Cam is facing 3rd and 5+ a lot they can tee off on the edge.

I'm still on the same plane in terms of the outcome, but I know it could go either way...should be a good game to watch.

Actually was just coming here to type something very similar. Just was reading a stat where they said that Cam was the 2nd worst QB in the league on 3rd and Long (7 or more yards). Only Nick Foles had a worst completion percentage and QB rating on 3rd and long this season. It is why the Broncos players this week have been saying they have to stop the run game. Force the Panthers to beat them through the air. Now Cam can obviously do that but I would rather load up to stop the run and take my chances.

Like you said the Zone defense is probably the best course of actions against the Panthers. If I hadn't seen the Broncos have success running it these past 2 playoff games I would be much more worried about this match up but they have had decent success so I do think the Broncos will run a higher than average number of zone plays to make sure to keep an eye on Cam and that run game. Still with Man coverage being our bread and butter I still think it can lead to Cam trying to force a few balls that he shouldn't. Broncos reported that the 1st team defense has been dominating more than ever in practices this week so wouldn't surprise me to see them come out and try to flip the script forcing a couple of turnovers early in the game. Just ready for this game to get here. These 2 weeks have dragged on long enough.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually was just coming here to type something very similar. Just was reading a stat where they said that Cam was the 2nd worst QB in the league on 3rd and Long (7 or more yards). Only Nick Foles had a worst completion percentage and QB rating on 3rd and long this season. It is why the Broncos players this week have been saying they have to stop the run game. Force the Panthers to beat them through the air. Now Cam can obviously do that but I would rather load up to stop the run and take my chances.

Like you said the Zone defense is probably the best course of actions against the Panthers. If I hadn't seen the Broncos have success running it these past 2 playoff games I would be much more worried about this match up but they have had decent success so I do think the Broncos will run a higher than average number of zone plays to make sure to keep an eye on Cam and that run game. Still with Man coverage being our bread and butter I still think it can lead to Cam trying to force a few balls that he shouldn't. Broncos reported that the 1st team defense has been dominating more than ever in practices this week so wouldn't surprise me to see them come out and try to flip the script forcing a couple of turnovers early in the game. Just ready for this game to get here. These 2 weeks have dragged on long enough.

Big key for Denver withstanding the initial energy Carolina brings.... Withstand that and settle into a game...

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pass rush is huge of course, but it remains to be seen if Cam is as afraid as Brady was and plays like a man or a little girl...:tj: