• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

If Salesman does not trade Balderon this season, he is a moron

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The stage is already set: we're showcasing Baldy as a starter. We're winning games. He's back to averaging 10 dime pisses a game and his turnovers are low. He's showing some bullshit leadership. And best of all, Pork Chop is tolerating coming off the bench.

Baldy's stock is as high as it's ever been. If Salesman lets his contract expire this season without getting ANYTHING in return for it, then he is a huge dumbass. A 10 million expiring contract is incredibly attractive for any team over the cap or will be over the cap, and with the new rules in place - these teams are going to feel the pain if they don't find ways to stay under the cap.

Balderon doesn't fit this team. He's not going to resign with this team unless if we pay him another 4-6 million a year.

Regardless of whether we make the playoffs or not, we really don't have a reason to keep Balderon in the big picture.

Find a team, any team that's desperate enough to trade an asset for Balderon's expiring and this season will be a win for us (even if we get back draft picks. Unlike Ariba's contract, we should at least be able to get some first rounders).

But, will Salesman do that? Probably not because he's shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit.

Rant over.

ggill15

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
100%

The stage is already set: we're showcasing Baldy as a starter. We're winning games. He's back to averaging 10 dime pisses a game and his turnovers are low. He's showing some bullshit leadership. And best of all, Pork Chop is tolerating coming off the bench.

Baldy's stock is as high as it's ever been. If Salesman lets his contract expire this season without getting ANYTHING in return for it, then he is a huge dumbass. A 10 million expiring contract is incredibly attractive for any team over the cap or will be over the cap, and with the new rules in place - these teams are going to feel the pain if they don't find ways to stay under the cap.

Balderon doesn't fit this team. He's not going to resign with this team unless if we pay him another 4-6 million a year.

Regardless of whether we make the playoffs or not, we really don't have a reason to keep Balderon in the big picture.

Find a team, any team that's desperate enough to trade an asset for Balderon's expiring and this season will be a win for us (even if we get back draft picks. Unlike Ariba's contract, we should at least be able to get some first rounders).

But, will Salesman do that? Probably not because he's shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit.

Rant over.

I had the same rant....he's not the future....dont care how well he plays....the team needs to realize they've been playing garbage teams during this win streak as well....

the good is I think calderon may have taught lowry a lesson....calderon playing well could've done wonders in soo many ways if lowry learned something.....trade him...he's worth something now.....

unless we can use his 10 million to sign someone next year....would be sweet to package him off with kleiza though.....

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I had the same rant....he's not the future....dont care how well he plays....the team needs to realize they've been playing garbage teams during this win streak as well....

the good is I think calderon may have taught lowry a lesson....calderon playing well could've done wonders in soo many ways if lowry learned something.....trade him...he's worth something now.....

unless we can use his 10 million to sign someone next year....would be sweet to package him off with kleiza though.....

Lowry has looked to pass the ball much more now than before. This is very good. The only knock I have for him is that he still looks for his three rather than penetrate to the basket, which I think is his most effective attack on offense. You could be right, gill. I hope Lowry has learned to be more a team player and it sticks.

As for the 10 million to sign someone, I want to believe that. I really do. But remember when Salesman was talking about the "flexibility" and "chip in the pocket" we had with Bosh's trade exception? What did we end up doing with it? Diddly squat. If we really let Jose's contract expire, look for Salesman to spin that 10 million we have which will end up doing absolutely nothing for us.

froman77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the only way calderons expiring contract has value is if he receive an equal amount (or more) of contracts but for longer terms.

the best deal is looking like the potential one with memphis (or one with a similar idea). we get a quality starter for the foreseeable future like Rudy Gay, where we package calderon and some of our young 'uns for the right to over pay for 4 seasons. then memphis gets a boost to their playoff run potentially, and cap flexibility for years to come

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
the only way calderons expiring contract has value is if he receive an equal amount (or more) of contracts but for longer terms.

the best deal is looking like the potential one with memphis (or one with a similar idea). we get a quality starter for the foreseeable future like Rudy Gay, where we package calderon and some of our young 'uns for the right to over pay for 4 seasons. then memphis gets a boost to their playoff run potentially, and cap flexibility for years to come

cue Winsbro to go on an even longer rant about Rudy (hardest player to find a nickname) Gay.