• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

IF JDR gets hired by USC and Rex Ryan is fired.

Broncosballer32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know, way too early to speculate. Just for goofs and giggles, if this happens, would you want Rex Ryan to be hired as DC?

I think he is a very good DC. He has solved the Brady riddle a few times with what I consider lackluster talent.

If the scenario plays out and that happens, would that be a desire?

OR................

If Mike Smith is fired in Atlanta. Remember Mike Smith was JDR's DC in Jacksonville. So, I would imagine the defensive philosophy would remain. He is a decent defensive minded coach. Plus, I would hold out hope that my high school coach would be hired by the staff. He was DC for the Falcons from 2008-011. He was LBs coach for the Jags in 2005 under JDR, hence the reason Mike Smith hired him in 2008.

Anyway, that coach went disastrous Auburn last year for one season. He is now LB coach for the Jets under Rex. Brian Van Gorder is his name.

Anywho.....

Just looking ahead to some possibilities.

Last edited by a moderator:

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would hire Rex Ryan in a heart beat. The guy is a jack ass half the time but there is no denying he is a genius when it comes to coaching defense. He is a horrible drafter. He holds onto players way too long trying to show them that he cares in hoping that will motivate but as just a defensive mind the guy is top notch. I would love to see what he could do with Von Miller in this defense. Plus like you said he is one of the few guys in this league that has had some success against Tom Brady and making him uncomfortable.

Obviously my dream scenario would be to continue to hold onto Del Rio for another year as I don't think this year's group has done a good showing of just how good of a coach he really is. Injuries and suspensions have taken a toll on this group.

BobGnarly

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Looks like JDR is staying, unless another NFL team wants him as HC

Last edited by a moderator: