• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I was wrong about Blake

Rambunctious

9er hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay I'll eat my words...a few weeks ago I made some derogatory comments on Blake's ability to run the Offense. I was wrong. The guy's got game. He is playing great and Hill is playing the pick and roll with Blake and they're getting it done. Kind of exciting! Do Work Lakers and take it to the Warriors. :nod:

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll hold off before I eat any crow! Lol. Blake goes up and down, hopefully he stays up.

LALakersboy24.7

I am the Lizard King
Hoopla Cash
$ 206.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hold your horses, not that i wish Blake too do bad or anything but his in the last season of his contract & is just playing to get attention for next season with the Lakers or someone else IMO.

His been a bum for the most part his 1st 3 seasons in a Lakers uniform & his getting older. I remember when the Lakers gave him a 4 year $16 million dollar contract & let Farmar & Brown walk...that was a joke :L

Steve Blakes Number's in LA have been pathetic IMO for what he got paid & is also injury prone & a defensive liability, but i do hope he has a good season, but i would not bring him back next season (NO THANKS)

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-11-22 at 9.54.59 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2013-11-22 at 9.54.59 AM.png
    31.8 KB · Views: 87

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to your stats. He seems to do better with more minutes and as a starter.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea, I think Stevie has embraced his starting role and is beginning to come around to the expectations everyone had of him when we signed three years ago. The question is: How is going to play when Kobe returns?

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea, I think Stevie has embraced his starting role and is beginning to come around to the expectations everyone had of him when we signed three years ago. The question is: How is going to play when Kobe returns?

:agree:Super good point...

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

When Kobe returns he will still be starting at point guard, so from that aspect, he should be okay. However, one of his biggest problems, imo, before Kobe got hurt was that Blake was far too deferential to Kobe (this was a Blake problem, not a Kobe problem, imo).

Blake needs to look at how he has been playing since Kobe has been out and remember that he's pretty good too. If he does that and just feeds Kobe within the offense, he should be fine. If he reverts to trying to force feed Kobe all of the time, then he will regress.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly TJF12. Stevie needs to keep the set he has grown since Kobe left and just keep running the O that Don'tknowi and Nash have taught him. I think the presence of Kurt Rambis has also provided much needed balance to the team attitudinally and Don'tknowi's willingness to go 10 deep in the roster is really working well providing a number of excellent outcomes like our bench scoring is number one in the league.

Silas

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As much as I admire the greatness of Kobe I too wonder how this team will play with Kobe back on the Floor.

I think Blake's recent productivity will fall off significantly. D'Antoni is going to have to figure out how to keep the team clicking with Kobe taking shots away from the others. In the final analysis, Kobe will either make or break this team.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay I'll eat my words...a few weeks ago I made some derogatory comments on Blake's ability to run the Offense. I was wrong. The guy's got game. He is playing great and Hill is playing the pick and roll with Blake and they're getting it done. Kind of exciting! Do Work Lakers and take it to the Warriors. :nod:

Blake is an excellent player - He just spends too much time on the injury list

Chilipepper

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Blake has way too many off games to be a player you can count on. Yesterday against the Pistons Blake was 1-6 shooting and had 5 turnovers. I think he had 5 turnovers well before halftime. Blake has way too many games like that all the time. Glad he has been playing well lately though. If I was D'Antoni I would have a quick leash on Blake. He did get benched against the Pistons after a poor start. Yaaay.

LALakersboy24.7

I am the Lizard King
Hoopla Cash
$ 206.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Blake has way too many off games to be a player you can count on. Yesterday against the Pistons Blake was 1-6 shooting and had 5 turnovers. I think he had 5 turnovers well before halftime. Blake has way too many games like that all the time. Glad he has been playing well lately though. If I was D'Antoni I would have a quick leash on Blake. He did get benched against the Pistons after a poor start. Yaaay.

:agree:

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm with ya there. It's his inconsistencies that really kill me...

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that is a consensus amongst Lakers fans. Last night he just stunk it up and Don'tknowi did the right thing by benching his ass. He has way too many games like that. Farmar is going to be finishing games because even when he screws up, like last night, by fouling a 3-point shooter and then missing free throws on the other end, he is way more a consistent threat then Blake. When Blake tanks, he stays in the tank, sort of like Gasbag.

Chilipepper

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lakersuscbam said in the Pistons game that Gasbag looked nailed to the floor. Haha good one. But he did get two offensive boards on one possession in crunch time that the Lakers eventually scored on. I was shocked he looked like he had energy and jumped on both rebounds. He actually moved more than a foot to go after them and he jumped even! I was like what got into Gasbag? He looked motivated!!

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to your stats. He seems to do better with more minutes and as a starter.

Every player does better when they get more minutes period. It takes actual time on the floor to develop a rythem and consistency - That's why Kobe takes too many shots most of the time

LAKERSUSCBAM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Blake has his moments of both clutch and dumb....so far he's guided us as really the only true PG on the squad(after Farmar's unfortunate injury).

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, I didn't even know about Farmar. This is a huge blow to our team in my eyes. Now we have slow ass Blake and Nash (if we're lucky) as point guards? Any idea when he's coming back? Can't believe he tore his hamstring.

LAKERSUSCBAM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
minimum 4 weeks....and he was coming on strong on the offensive side on the road trip. tough break for him/team