• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I think my other computer has contracted a virus

SFNL

is a little bit warmer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Came back from work tonight and she was going haywire... It keeps giving me alerts and saying that I have been infected and I need to register to get rid of this thing. It looks like the messages are from my computer and not the virus... WTF? It still lets me browse, but the little toolbar at the bottom keeps popping warning messages?? Anyone know what the fuck this is?

KansasSooner

Aces & eights
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have a trojan. Go to an uninfected PC and go to malwarebytes.org and download their antimalware program to a USB flash drive. Also what is the name that is showing on alert, you may need to do a registry repair before you can run Malwarebytes Antimalware. I have the code for that too if necessary.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Came back from work tonight and she was going haywire... It keeps giving me alerts and saying that I have been infected and I need to register to get rid of this thing. It looks like the messages are from my computer and not the virus... WTF? It still lets me browse, but the little toolbar at the bottom keeps popping warning messages?? Anyone know what the fuck this is?

Pron is your computer's worst enemy.

Start scanning.. It might be just some malware. Use Spybot's Search and Destroy first.

KansasSooner

Aces & eights
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pron is your computer's worst enemy.

Start scanning.. It might be just some malware. Use Spybot's Search and Destroy first.

Spybot is too slow compared to Malwarebytes. Plus it wastes time on removing cookies instead of the actual infection. You should give a try sometime, I still have Spybot but have essentially quit using it.

SFNL

is a little bit warmer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Spybot search and destroy... is that off of a website or something? Apparently the antivirus that is already on the fucker costs money to use...

KansasSooner

Aces & eights
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Spybot search and destroy... is that off of a website or something? Apparently the antivirus that is already on the fucker costs money to use...

Its not an antivirus, it's rogue ware and all they want is your money and your credit card #, all those alerts you are seeing are fake.

SFNL

is a little bit warmer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its not an antivirus, it's rogue ware and all they want is your money and your credit card #, all those alerts you are seeing are fake.

thats what I thought.. What kinda monetary damage can I expect here?

KansasSooner

Aces & eights
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
thats what I thought.. What kinda monetary damage can I expect here?

None if you don't give them any credit card info. Be advised though that the program may be dropping other trojans onto your machine as we speak. Including keyloggers and spam generators.

BOSSMANPC

Harbor Center
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've used Malwarebytes, it's free and works great for me.

HTM_Crim_Crush

Solid Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I thought something must be up (or u were just busy) just I've been sending u stuff - since early?
Well, one "stuff", ... but I've gotten that before, it's def rogue.
Hmmm... guess I'll just send it to regatta. =P

SFNL

is a little bit warmer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've used Malwarebytes, it's free and works great for me.

can I use malwarebytes from the infected computer or do I have to do that USB thing? The computer that I'm on now is a MAC and I barely know how to use this fucking system...:mad:

BOSSMANPC

Harbor Center
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
can I use malwarebytes from the infected computer or do I have to do that USB thing? The computer that I'm on now is a MAC and I barely know how to use this fucking system...:mad:

You can use it from the infected computer. It happened to me once and it fixed the problem.

KansasSooner

Aces & eights
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Just downoad it to the USB drive then install on the infected PC from the USB drive. Depending on the rogue Malwarebytes site maybe blocked if they modified your hosts file. If you can get Firefox or IE to run on the infected machine you can try to download directly to the infected machine. Again what is the name showing on the rogue program?