• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

"I really do believe I'm the greatest receiver to play this game." -- Randy Moss

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last edited by a moderator:

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I want him to carry that confidence to the game. He needs to walk the walk this Sunday now. Tell you what Moss, if you make us win a SB this sunday and if you score 7 TDs I will move Jerry down to 2nd on my list and move you up from #3 to #1 on my list.

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want him to carry that confidence to the game. He needs to walk the walk this Sunday now. Tell you what Moss, if you make us win a SB this sunday and if you score 7 TDs I will move Jerry down to 2nd on my list and move you up from #3 to #1 on my list.

It would still be hard for me to put him ahead of Chris Carter, but I could do it. I still wouldn't push him past Rice. Most of Moss's career was all about the stats and records, now since he didn't get Rice's, he's saying it's never been about that?

Although I do like his confidence, I don't agree with it. I think he could have given Jerry Rice a little bit more credit. He is a Niner and Rice is a legend to the 49er fans.

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pete Rock has these as his top 4.

1) Jerry Rice
2) Randy Moss
3) Terrell Owens
4) Chris Carter

I still have Carter above Owens. I think Moss and Carter are comparable right now. I don't have a problem with either one being #2. I think Michael Irvin is better than TO.

Mine

Jerry Rice
Chris Carter
Randy Moss
Don Hutson
Michael Irvin
Steve Largent
Marvin Harrison
Terrell Owens

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly in any sport if you want to be successful you need to know in your mind that you are the best to ever play. He just happened to tell other people what he thinks which he has the right to do.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
imo owens was better than moss, mainly because owens was the complete package and didn't give up on half the plays.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The body of Owens, the speed of Moss, the hands of Carter and the brain of Rice. There you go.

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly in any sport if you want to be successful you need to know in your mind that you are the best to ever play. He just happened to tell other people what he thinks which he has the right to do.

I actually don't have a problem that he thinks, or at least says he thinks, he is the best. Like I said before, I do like his confidence. It's just he is a 49er now and to most 49ers fans (as well as most NFL fans), he is no Jerry Rice. Since the 49ers fans care about it the most, he probably should have mentioned how great Jerry Rice was and how he still feels he's better, than just saying he feels he is the best ever.

Arete Tzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

1) Jerry Rice
2) Randy Moss
3) Terrell Owens
4) Chris Carter

I still have Carter above Owens. I think Moss and Carter are comparable right now. I don't have a problem with either one being #2. I think Michael Irvin is better than TO.

Mine

Jerry Rice
Chris Carter
Randy Moss
Don Hutson
Michael Irvin
Steve Largent
Marvin Harrison
Terrell Owens

Pete Rock the producer? or is there another pete rock?

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sorry but this is stupid logic by Moss, impact on the game. Rice was virtually unstoppable and he did it every fucking year into his 40's. He did it in the pre-season, regular season, and post-season. He had some of his best games when it mattered most. He was the most complete WR to ever play. Period.

Randy had one amazing season. Randy has also had three or four seasons under 1,000 yds receiving. Rice, ACL tear year excluded, didn't go under 1,000 yds until, what, he was like 43? C'mon Randy. You are a GREAT WR, but to be the GOAT, you have to show longevity and the penchant to be able to show up when your team needs you most. Your resume is maybe half of what Rice has done. This accumulation of stats by Rice is not like Emmitt rushing for like 800 yds with Arizona just trying in vain to make things happen when its obvious that he's lost a couple steps. Rice was a main cog in the Raiders machine for like 5 more seasons as well. Rice did it when WRs weren't protected like they are now. Its time for Randy to look at what he has done and what he HASN'T done and honestly put that up vs. Rice's resume...then shut up and take your place as one of the top 5 WRs, just not the GOAT.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
randy moss might have been the best deep threat, but i wouldn't put him in the top 5 all time

Arete Tzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sorry but this is stupid logic by Moss, impact on the game. Rice was virtually unstoppable and he did it every fucking year into his 40's. He did it in the pre-season, regular season, and post-season. He had some of his best games when it mattered most. He was the most complete WR to ever play. Period.

Randy had one amazing season. Randy has also had three or four seasons under 1,000 yds receiving. Rice, ACL tear year excluded, didn't go under 1,000 yds until, what, he was like 43? C'mon Randy. You are a GREAT WR, but to be the GOAT, you have to show longevity and the penchant to be able to show up when your team needs you most. Your resume is maybe half of what Rice has done. This accumulation of stats by Rice is not like Emmitt rushing for like 800 yds with Arizona just trying in vain to make things happen when its obvious that he's lost a couple steps. Rice was a main cog in the Raiders machine for like 5 more seasons as well. Rice did it when WRs weren't protected like they are now. Its time for Randy to look at what he has done and what he HASN'T done and honestly put that up vs. Rice's resume...then shut up and take your place as one of the top 5 WRs, just not the GOAT.

He was 37 the first time he dropped below 1000 (not counting his rookie year). he had back to back 800 yard season his last 2 years in SF. He still lead the team in '99 but that was also the season young went down, and we went through a few games with stenstrum, and garcia was still working his way in. 2000 was TO's break out year so Jerry came in 2nd. Then jerry went to oakland and bounced back to the 1000's for a few years.

He was still putting up 1000 yard seasons at 40 years old though, at 41 he had 869, then at 42 he retired with a season that pretty much looked like Randy's this year.

In his final year Jerry had 429 yards 3 TDs, this year Randy has 434 yards 3 TDs. Randy is only 35 though.

shouldakepowens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is being so over blown I can't stand to watch Tv or get on twitter

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I believe I'm the greatest singer who ever lived.

I'm confident.

And I'm the best looking guy on earth.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

1) Jerry Rice
2) Randy Moss
3) Terrell Owens
4) Chris Carter

Mine

Jerry Rice
Chris Carter
Randy Moss
Don Hutson
Michael Irvin
Steve Largent
Marvin Harrison
Terrell Owens

two of the top three WR's all time played mainly for the 49ers? ok, even if you don't place T.O. at #3, he is still up there.

two of the top QB's all time is well known.