• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I just want to thank Nebraska and Iowa.

LawDawg

Sic 'em Dawgs ... woof!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what are you saying? SEC is going to cancel as well?
Obviously, they might. They are just going to be deliberate about it, and gave themselves extra time by moving their start to the end of September. That's what leaders do.

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've got a lot of respect for them! When they said that two of the 12 schools voted against canceling the season, I was hoping one of them was Michigan.

olympicoscar

Life is what you've made of it.
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,999.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm all for playing Michigan 10 times.

volbound2002

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First it was "pussies wont play OOC games" then SEC canceled OOC games. Now its "pussies don't wanna play" and in a few weeks SEC will also cancel or suspend the season.

Agreed... I fell for this once already. I think SEC follows suit, especially with its new liberal AD.

Blackshirts BLVD

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Updated B1G football schedule...

EfEuE6XWAAIjsut

Innermind

Lithomancer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone's going to cancel. Even the SEC. It's not about "wanting to play". It's about lawyers reminding the school administrations just how much liability there could be.

It's also about delaying and de-leveraging the attempts to unionize.

This.

Even if you get players and staff to sign liability waivers, those documents are not water tight, as plenty of plaintiff attorneys throughout the decades have laid waste to various liability waivers. Plus, how many families of players are going to approve that their kid sign a liability waiver which will probably include a clause releasing the university from paying any Covid-19 related medical expenses should the kid become infected.

And... once aunts/uncles or grandmas/grandpas of infected players also contract Covid-19, the liability suits against the universities could be devastating, especially if grandma/grandpa of a given infected player eventually dies from Covid-19.

Also... once Joe & Jimmy the stadium and locker room custodians, along with George & Frank the sports facility security guards, and Tim & Jim the field grounds crew workers catch Covid-19, we'll have even more lawsuits filed against the universities.

So... if the season is not played, the loss of TV revenue for the universities is going to be big... but if the season is played, the potential $$$ loss from lawsuits filed against the universities is probably much greater.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to ESPN, the B1G presidents are supposed to meet today.

Apparently, most of the AD's are not ready to pull the plug on the season.

Thiefery

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to ESPN, the B1G presidents are supposed to meet today.

Apparently, most of the AD's are not ready to pull the plug on the season.
They don't like coaches saying they would like to look at all other options if the conference cancels. Presidents better get on the same page as it's ADs

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They don't like coaches saying they would like to look at all other options if the conference cancels. Presidents better get on the same page as it's ADs

Agree. The problem, imo, is that the Presidents have to worry about things that AD's really don't.

For the Presidents, it's about liability and preventing the players from "unionizing".

From what I've seen and heard, it's pretty much the same in each conference. Presidents are leaning toward canceling the season, but the players, coaches and AD's all want to play.