• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I just graduated from the University of Directional Florida, what do my job prospects look like?

NU_FTW

I DGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this should be our new code for telling someone to go fuck themselves.
In public at the grocery store? hmmm it would take some changing (i genrally just say go fuck yourself )

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you are in Omaha and i tell you to go to central nebraska, which direction do you go?

I wonder how the hell I ended up in Omaha?

BigRedMoe

Highly Polished Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great Scott, a Direction marty!! :D
I would argue that "central" is a location, not a direction. If you were in Chadron and I told you to go to central Nebraska, which direction would you go? So at best it is not definitive and at worst.... DIRECTIONLESS. :heh:

NU_FTW

I DGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would argue that "central" is a location, not a direction. If you were in Chadron and I told you to go to central Nebraska, which direction would you go? So at best it is not definitive and at worst.... DIRECTIONLESS. :heh:
Eastern Michigan University, "directional school" but not the furthest east in Michigan that one can possibly go, in fact they are a stones throw away from the wolverines....... Perspective :D

So if i tell you to go to eastern michigan ... will you end up in ann arbor? detroit? somewhere in between? or on the eastern edge of the state ? :D

Central is just as much a direction when talking directional schools. Central Florida is a direction as it is somewhere in central florida just as much as Eastern Michigan is a directional school somewhere east of central michigan.... yea?

The reality is they didnt want to have the name "Disney school of "Performing Arts" " yes that was an intentional quote within a quote :D

BigRedMoe

Highly Polished Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eastern Michigan University, "directional school" but not the furthest east in Michigan that one can possibly go, in fact they are a stones throw away from the wolverines....... Perspective :D

So if i tell you to go to eastern michigan ... will you end up in ann arbor? detroit? somewhere in between? or on the eastern edge of the state ? :D

Central is just as much a direction when talking directional schools. Central Florida is a direction as it is somewhere in central florida just as much as Eastern Michigan is a directional school somewhere east of central michigan.... yea?

The reality is they didnt want to have the name "Disney school of "Performing Arts" " yes that was an intentional quote within a quote :D
Hey, why don't you centralize yournself. :pound:

Debbie Does

Question Authority
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Grow giant ears and apply to Disney world.

Seriously, the tourist season there is just getting ready. Not much high tech or manufacturing in Florida, so if you want to stay there, look at tourism or retail.

You don't happen to have a degree in alligator wrestling, do you?

huskers1217

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hi guys,

I basically flunked out of high school and as a result, I had no other option than to attend our local community college here in Orlando. It's embarrassing to say the least when I have to list my college name on my job applications. "UDF" is just not as prestigious as, say, "UF" which is where most functional human beings attended around these parts.

Is there any way I can get around this?.. Should I maybe just try dropping the "D" from the name? I'm finding that my job prospects are being seriously hampered by this issue, as none of the HR departments I've interviewed with have ever heard of my school. In fact, one place asked if my school even has a football team.

Sincerely,
Tyrone (UDF Class of '19)

Actually Valenica is a great CC.

oh..and you're a dumbshit. Don't you know it isn't about the school anymore unless its Ivy league. Its all about the degree and who you know.

huskers1217

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder how the hell I ended up in Omaha?

you tried to drive through Iowa and fell asleep

tenor.gif

BamaDude

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you are in Omaha and i tell you to go to central nebraska, which direction do you go?
From Omaha, you would head northwest to get to central Nebraska.