• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I just graduated from the University of Directional Florida, what do my job prospects look like?

droider

Human NFL Almanac and College Football Insider
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hi guys,

I basically flunked out of high school and as a result, I had no other option than to attend our local community college here in Orlando. It's embarrassing to say the least when I have to list my college name on my job applications. "UDF" is just not as prestigious as, say, "UF" which is where most functional human beings attended around these parts.

Is there any way I can get around this?.. Should I maybe just try dropping the "D" from the name? I'm finding that my job prospects are being seriously hampered by this issue, as none of the HR departments I've interviewed with have ever heard of my school. In fact, one place asked if my school even has a football team.

Sincerely,
Tyrone (UDF Class of '19)

BigRedMoe

Highly Polished Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait.... If you are "Central", doesn't that imply you are stationary and "Directionless"?

fishinabarrel

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hi guys,

I basically flunked out of high school and as a result, I had no other option than to attend our local community college here in Orlando. It's embarrassing to say the least when I have to list my college name on my job applications. "UDF" is just not as prestigious as, say, "UF" which is where most functional human beings attended around these parts.

Is there any way I can get around this?.. Should I maybe just try dropping the "D" from the name? I'm finding that my job prospects are being seriously hampered by this issue, as none of the HR departments I've interviewed with have ever heard of my school. In fact, one place asked if my school even has a football team.

Sincerely,

There are some openings for Lazy River lifeguards

TheReal_NU

This space intentionally left blank
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you graduate with Honors?

Cause that changes, well.......

Nothing. Never mind.

olympicoscar

Life is what you've made of it.
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,999.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hi guys,

Sincerely,

Head West. In Mississippi, A UDF graduate is like a PhD.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are some openings for Lazy River lifeguards

tenor.gif

droider

Human NFL Almanac and College Football Insider
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you graduate with Honors?

Cause that changes, well.......

Nothing. Never mind.

Nope. You're only awarded with Honors at UDF if you have more than three teeth. It's a very short list as you can imagine.

Sincerely,

NU_FTW

I DGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait.... If you are "Central", doesn't that imply you are stationary and "Directionless"?
Central is a direction from everywhere but central? when you discuss a location on a map saying central does give direction no?

TigerBait1971

Roll Tide? What? FUCK YOU! lolz
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hi guys,

Sincerely,

Are you a hot Co-ed?

With a webcam and a PayPal account, we can work out an arrangement.

Innermind

Lithomancer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I suppose one could always become a comedian like that dude from Germany who came to the USA and graduated from UCF and then starred in that Tosh.0 series on Comedy Central.

daniel-tosh.jpg

rs_560x415-151023073058-560-daniel-tosh-jh-102315.jpg

TheReal_NU

This space intentionally left blank
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you a hot Co-ed?

With a webcam and a PayPal account, we can work out an arrangement.

That’s what you said to me last year.

I’m still waiting for your first live stream

BigRedMoe

Highly Polished Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Central is a direction from everywhere but central? when you discuss a location on a map saying central does give direction no?
Or is everything else a direction FROM central?
giphy.gif

BigRedMoe

Highly Polished Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I suppose one could always become a comedian like that dude from Germany who came to the USA and graduated from UCF and then starred in that Tosh.0 series on Comedy Central.

daniel-tosh.jpg

rs_560x415-151023073058-560-daniel-tosh-jh-102315.jpg
Tosh moved to Los Angeles, but attributes his decision to work in comedy to being raised in Florida, which he considers "flat, hot, and dumb."

NU_FTW

I DGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So if I tell you to "centralize yourself", which direction do you move? :heh:
If you are in Omaha and i tell you to go to central nebraska, which direction do you go?