• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I hate comcast

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
had comcast... Moved... They came in to set up the cable... Couldn't do it.... The morons who upgraded our apartment cut ALL the Comcast wires.. Wouldn't be able to re-wire my place for another 2 weeks and we couldn't do it so we call Verizon and the next day we are watching crystal clear HD Verizon Fios...

With that said, I never really had that much problem with Comcast...

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I live in Bellevue Washington right next near the main Microsoft campus. My comcast service has been having all kinds of problems this summer. Way more than the usual drops in service here and there that I've come to expect from Comcast in this area. I work for a medical hospital around this area and one of our main clinics in Bellevue lost it's entire Comcast connectivity for a few hours during the week. No communications in and out. Very bad. They are having serious network problems over here right now and it appears on a bigtime scale. Heads are going to roll kind of issues.

I actually believe living near Microsoft actually negatively impacts your service because they have this special designation with the feds that it's considered a key part of the US economy and infrastructure. It means all the utilities and providers have to have redundant everything feeding in and out of the campus. Many times when we've had power outages or network outages, Microsoft doesn't even have to go to their backup power generators, etc... Everything around it is pitch black for miles, but everything on the campus is still got juice, right down to the street lights and exterior building lighting. I could type a lot more about his subject, but anyway.....

I'm moving in two weeks so I went down to the Xfinity Comcast store to talk about switching over. I been feeling like I was paying way to much the past year for service so it was a perfect op to see what we could do about getting it lower.

And man I was shocked...in a good way. First of all, I noticed the place was way busier than it should of been and it seemed there was a lot of people in there complaining about all the bad service recently and bringing in their modems and dvrs to be replaced since they thought it could be a problem with those. Lots of hot heads giving the comcast employees the business. Had to wait about 15 minutes to talk to someone, but they had a lounge with tv playing a pixar movie so just kicked back and no worries yet. They put my name in the queue and called me when ready.

All I did was tell the guy that I needed my bundle (home phone, internet, and cable) transferred over to my new home in two weeks and what could we do to get the price down. That I had been researching the different options out there like Dish and Direct. That perked him up for sure as soon as I mentioned those names. At the same time seemed relieved I wasn't tearing into him about service issues. He tried to sell me adding their security system package in, but shot that down fairly fast since I don't remotely need it. He didn't mention it after my first "nope, don't need it" which was nice.

Anyway, he told me given everything we talked about, this is what he was going to do:

New wireless router and the best dvr box they got. No BS charges added. I still use my own home wireless router for my computer, wireless devices, and printer, that I connect to the comcast router via lan cable because I can set my own firewall rules. It doesn't give me any grief doing this anyway so good to go.

At least doubled my internet speed. Nice.

Added HBO, Cinemax, and the top sports package which includes NFL Redzone (HOLY FUCK!!!!). At first, I knew this is where they were going to try to jack my rates even higher with stuff more packages into it and was prepared to tell them no to that.

And then he quoted me a rate $65 less a month than I'm paying now! I was shocked to say the least.

He then apologized when he discovered that my phone number would have to change because I was moving just north of the area I could retain my current number. He handed me a stack of vouchers for on demand pay movies apologizing for the hassle the number change was going to mean.

And then said he was going drop it another $15 dollars.

So basically as of today, my cable/internet/phone bill went down $80 a month, internet speed doubled and it was already fast, about every channel known in the universe, new dvr, and they can't raise my rate for at least 2 years.

Got to admit, Comcast has given me grief lately, but boy did they appear motivated to keep my business today and not caca all over me. Not bad. I haven't paid a rate this low in over 10 years. They keep my business for a while longer.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, mine went down more than $80 when I got my x1 deal and I have a ton more channels than I had before. Every premium channel and every sports channel. Crazy boosts to internet speed.

Now we did have two bad DVR's when they set it up and I got on a first name basis with the cable guy out here, but that all got ironed out and we haven't had any more issues. Stuff just works and it isn't breaking the bank.

Banned 10x

aka Raindrop
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm looking to switch right now. I currently have CenturyLink with 12 mbps download, which sometimes gets to 15 but most of the time is hanging around 6-10 and this summer it's been real bad, actually losing internet for hours at a time. Unfortunately Xfinity isn't in my area yet so looking at Wave Cable, they have speeds up to 100 mbps that are cheaper than my stellar 12 I'm getting from CL.

Anybody have experience with Wave Internet? I'm sticking with my Directv, so probably bundle internet and phone only.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm looking to switch right now. I currently have CenturyLink with 12 mbps download, which sometimes gets to 15 but most of the time is hanging around 6-10 and this summer it's been real bad, actually losing internet for hours at a time. Unfortunately Xfinity isn't in my area yet so looking at Wave Cable, they have speeds up to 100 mbps that are cheaper than my stellar 12 I'm getting from CL.

Anybody have experience with Wave Internet? I'm sticking with my Directv, so probably bundle internet and phone only.

Not familiar with them, but googling seems like they do have good internet service, hear some complaints about on long it took to get it set up.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have gone months without looking at my Comcast bill.

Just did and I've been paying $126/month and only need WIFI. No mas! :mad2:

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Comcast almost always raises your bill once you are off whatever contract you have with them. In some cases it can double the price. Their smart sales people warn you to pay attention to when your contract is going to be up and call in to get a new plan before it lapses to avoid those big charges.

If you aren't happy with what you are paying them, just talk to the cancellation department. They have the most leeway in working with customers on price and terms. At least then if you don't like their answer you don't have to talk to anyone else to tell them to go fuck off and take their crap with them. So there's that.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tonight our local NBC affiliate is scrolling warnings that starting tomorrow at 8pm direct TV is going to drop them. This shit comes up every couple of years. It was the ABC affiliate last time I believe, but either way they STILL don't have the Pac12 channel and keep dicking around local channels fighting over the price of each.

The refusal to carry the Pac12 network is a complete deal breaker for me as it is. Not just because I actually watch that programming, but because of their reasons for not carrying it. It isn't even about the money anymore. They wanted to force all 12 schools to wire their campus for Direct TV, bypassing the required bidding process that would allow other networks to counter their plan.

I can say a lot of bad things about Comcast, and pretty much every carrier out there, but Direct TV (And ATT that is now running it) are simply the worst. Fuck those assholes.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Already tried the Dish, was very disappointed. Just waiting for the NFL games going to the internet, then I'll cut cable TV off and satellite also. Watching NFL games are my only reason for using cable or satellite. I'm not signing some contract locking me in. If they we're worth spit they won't have to worry about folks canceling.

You try an HD Antenna yet? $10-15 at Wal-Mart, Lowes, etc. It plugs right in the back of the TV where the cable plug is. In the city, I get 40 channels with local HD NBC and Fox. Some old time shows like Miami Vice, Quantum Leap, Fantasy Island.. lol PBS and a few other channels with decent movies. But it gets me the main channels for football. Not that I can watch my Rams in Dallas, TX anyway.

I'm thinking about going off the grid and cancelling my cable service. Just tired of the bullshit and them jacking up rates. Just use the antenna for local and other channels, keep internet, and go with Netflix.

I was looking at maybe doing the Sling TV that has ESPN, ESPN2, HGTV, TNT, TBS, AMC, etc but the reviews are not all that. Seems like they are new to streaming, but this is definitely the future.

Anyone know of any other ways to screw the cable companies and keep some money in our pockets??

I've had enough!!

6813_4d1d.gif

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You try an HD Antenna yet? $10-15 at Wal-Mart, Lowes, etc. It plugs right in the back of the TV where the cable plug is. In the city, I get 40 channels with local HD NBC and Fox. Some old time shows like Miami Vice, Quantum Leap, Fantasy Island.. lol PBS and a few other channels with decent movies. But it gets me the main channels for football. Not that I can watch my Rams in Dallas, TX anyway.

I'm thinking about going off the grid and cancelling my cable service. Just tired of the bullshit and them jacking up rates. Just use the antenna for local and other channels, keep internet, and go with Netflix.

I was looking at maybe doing the Sling TV that has ESPN, ESPN2, HGTV, TNT, TBS, AMC, etc but the reviews are not all that. Seems like they are new to streaming, but this is definitely the future.

Anyone know of any other ways to screw the cable companies and keep some money in our pockets??

I've had enough!!

View attachment 73810

Not yet, maybe after the SB I'll give it a try. I think between a antenna and the internet it should be no problem to dump cable TV.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not yet, maybe after the SB I'll give it a try. I think between a antenna and the internet it should be no problem to dump cable TV.

Harold how are you my man..?? I'm going to start a thread in here on the cable company. I need some expertise.

And good luck to you in the playoffs. I am pulling for the NFC West as usual. 4 years in a row would be pretty impressive.

2016 maybe my Rams can figure out how to beat shitty teams, along with solid teams. :scratch: