• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I found a somewhat semi-realistic way to get in... lol

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol... Follow me here. I make these threads literally every season. I'm nuts, I know... but I just crunched the tiebreakers. If this scenario actually unfolded, the Bears would go all the way to the 5th step in tie breakers with the Vikings. Strength of victory. That'd be pretty wild.

So.. Since I was bored and awake at 1:20 AM. I was looking at playoff scenarios. I am assuming Seattle has one of the two playoff spots locked up, so I was looking at Minnesota's rather difficult remaining schedule. As opposed to the Bears rather pedestrian one. This is what would have to unfold.

Vikings

@ari - L
vs CHI - L
vs NYG - W
@gb - L

Bears

Wins: (vs WSH, at MIN, at TB, vs DET)

The Bears would be tied with the Vikings at 9-7, having beaten each other once. Along with their record in the division at 3-3, record vs common opponents tied at 6-6 and their record vs the NFC at 6-6.

The Bears would finally win at the 5th step, in strength of victory. Since the only team MIN would have lost to that the Bears beat, would be Green Bay. While the one team the Bears lost to, that MIN beat would be Detroit.

The Bears would have beaten TB head-to-head, who still has to play Carolina as well. The Falcons also still have Carolina twice. Which I'd be pretty shocked if either beat them.

Probably not likely. Ugh... gave away three damn games. Just one of em' back, and we'd be in business a bit.

What's funny is, I actually think the Vikings end of it could easily unfold. They haven't impressed me much at all. This Bears team is just too inconsistent and lacking for me to at all believe, that we're going to run the table here. Even against a beatable schedule. I just thought this was worth a mention for fun.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
(

What's funny is, I actually think the Vikings end of it could easily unfold. They haven't impressed me much at all. ) Ya me either, no QB. And as far as our end goes, I hope last weeks loss is just a fluke. This team was not ready and winning the games we should is big on my list of how I will judge this coaching staff. So far Pace and Fangio have been impressive. Gase and Fox just below average. I know I know most here love Gase, I'm hoping we lose him this off season. I would love to see him go to the Lions.

C

cubzzzfanincali

I see the Vikings finishing 10-6, beating us and the Giants on the way. When the Vikes get their three key defensive guys back from injury, which they will after this week, their defense will go back to being far and away the best in the North, as it was from weeks 2-12. Minn could beat GB as well, just not certain of that, so I left them 10-6. Us beating them would be a huge upset, because they are a lot better than us.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see the Vikings finishing 10-6, beating us and the Giants on the way. When the Vikes get their three key defensive guys back from injury, which they will after this week, their defense will go back to being far and away the best in the North, as it was from weeks 2-12. Minn could beat GB as well, just not certain of that, so I left them 10-6. Us beating them would be a huge upset, because they are a lot better than us.

I don't know man. We kind of had our way with them for 58 minutes. 6 defensive points allowed, and had a respectable enough of an offensive game against (what I believe was) their healthy defense.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Cali. I'm not sure what you are seeing? I have seen 6 or 7 MN games this year and feel they are the worst team in the N. If they lost AP, I can not see them winning a single game. I keep hearing they have a great defense but when I watch I don't see it on the field. They have one difference maker on the whole team and he is not on the def. Altho he does make the def better by hiding them on the sidelines. I am curious about what you are seeing? MN will not win another game this year. They have not beat a winning team in years.

C

cubzzzfanincali

I really don't agree Noon. They beat GB this year and Atlanta WAS above .500 before they played. I think the core of that team is pretty solid. Not remarkable, but solid. I would trade rosters with them in a heartbeat.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bridgewater is still mediocre. Their WR's are average or worse. Their run game is good, but how many years AP got left in the tank? Their D is pretty good when healthy.

I don't think their roster is that much more impressive, particularly on Offense.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really don't agree Noon. They beat GB this year and Atlanta WAS above .500 before they played. I think the core of that team is pretty solid. Not remarkable, but solid. I would trade rosters with them in a heartbeat.

Well, they did not beat GB. GB beat them 31-13 at MIN in their only meeting. They meet again in week 17. ATL was well within the midst of their full blown downward spiral by the time they met, and they did not exactly handle them in an overly impressive fashion. ATL has been a downright poor football team for the better part of a month now.

Like I mentioned in the original post. Unless they beat GB or AZ, our strength of victory will be better than MIN's. They've beaten one team over .500 in KC, around the time we also beat them. When they were struggling. I just think they got off to a good start against some lackluster competition, and will falter against the same schedule we faltered against early on. SEA, ARI and GB.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no drinking, Jim.

That's such a classic compilation. First time I saw that my buddies showed it to me when we were sitting around drinking (go figure). We were falling over laughing.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see some quality in MN but think they are lacking in play makers and QBing. I would not trade rosters with them. Our offense is loaded and our Def is showing signs of many young players to build around. McPhee Amos Houston Fuller Young Goldman Sutton Anderson. Every one of these guys (rooks and vets) are playing in a new system and are starting to really get it. Who will be in a SB faster MN or Chi?

C

cubzzzfanincali

hey hombre, I'll take your list, and since neither of us can win this unprovable argument, it is what it is!

So, I'm not seeing the "getting it" you are, obviously, at least on the run defense side. Since I think run defense is where defenses as a whole come from, I can't help it. Stopping the run is lie the stork of a football team. And frankly, I think ours sucks, and is not getting any better so far.

So these guys:

McPhee definitely a good pass rusher, but he sucks in run defense
Amos our most promising young defensive back in years, he's not perfect, and never going to be great, but I love what he has done
Houston I used to love his run D, but since he has slimmed down, now I am not so sure. Of course I think they are mostly using him on passing downs
Fuller I still don't lie Kyle Fuller, although I agree he is becoming better as a hard corner against run. He also dopes a prettty good job in pressing, but once he opens his hips, he fucking sucks.
Young good guy ol Willie, but he is on wrong side of 30
Goldman he still has a shitload to learn. He is not a good anchor yet. I hope he can be, but he is definitely not there.
Sutton he is fun to watch on TV, but on the 22? Gulp. His gap control is fucking awful.
Anderson. meh.

Yeah, I really would take the Vikes in a heartbeat. Their whole defense is more talented, their O line maybe also (a lot of this depends on how Grasu does or does not develop). If White pans out I agree, our skill guys are way better, although replacing Peterson (a nearly impossble task in terms of exceptionalism) is easy to do if you just want a solid replacement. RBs are the most interchangeable commodity in football. (Hello, Chris Johnson this year).

And Bridgewater is still getting better. Cuitler is still better for now, particularly his downfield accuracy, but three years from now, he's going to be pasting Jay's ass if he stays healthy and doesn't get fucked up by a bad coordinator.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@cubzzzfanincali I'm not sure I'm quite with you on Bridgewater. He played a nice game last night, but I am still unconvinced he can continue to make strides forward to being an upper tier QB.

However, I do have to say that Minnesota played a very nice game last night, especially considering they were missing Barr and their two safeties. They got consistent pressure on Palmer all night. Their front did a good job against the run. Really clamped down on a couple of Cardinals drives that went inside of the 10. Particularly, the goal line stand, where they pushed them back to the 9.

I suppose we'll see where we stand against them in a little over a week. I certainly wouldn't bet on us, but I do give us a shot.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll give you MN Def is above ours talent wise, but our talent level is better then expected and young. There are some nice pieces in this def and one more good off season we could be a top 5 unit. But I would not trade teams with them because I feel our offense is far better built. No way to prove a judgement. Are you saying you would trade whole teams or just defense's?

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll give you MN Def is above ours talent wise, but our talent level is better then expected and young. There are some nice pieces in this def and one more good off season we could be a top 5 unit. But I would not trade teams with them because I feel our offense is far better built. No way to prove a judgement. Are you saying you would trade whole teams or just defense's?

C

cubzzzfanincali

I wouldn't yet call Bridgewater a "good" QB...it just seems to me like he is still improving so I don't know where he will end up. If he keeps developing, he can become a pretty solid QB.

antone112

who gives a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,290.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bridgewater is a flopping, late sliding, faggot.