• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

How long have you followed the EPL, and how did you get started?

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is my first season following the EPL. Most of my live I've been a drive by soccer fan, cheering on the national team during the world cup and otherwise ignoring the sport the rest of the time.

I got turned on to the league because a number of the radio hosts on my local sports talk station follow. They each did the same thing: did a little homework and kinda blindly picked a team. A few of them picked Everton because of Tim Howard, one picked Liverpool because the owner used to be the owner of the Rangers and Stars. A few are Man U fans, and one picked Arsenal because he thought their name was cool.

I decided on Tottenham partly because none of those guys were currently Spurs backers and I wanted to take on one of the big clubs as my own w/o seeming like a complete frontrunner like I would if I just picked Chelsea or Man City.

Gotta say, even though I'm still kind of a soccer idiot, I'm really enjoying it. The gametimes are perfect during the mornings before US football comes on most of the time and when our football season ends its a great bridge b/t football season to baseball season. Also helps that the team I randomly picked is in a title race.

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2012, arsenal fan

think I got interested from a combination of the 2012 Euro's and FIFA13. Always played as Arsenal for some reason and then one of my favorite players Ozil signed with the gooners and I've been hooked since. Now I am into all of the leagues and international play but the only team I constantly follow is Arsenal. International USA is always 1 and my ancestors are French and German so I pull for those sides as well.

I enjoy how there are no commercial breaks in soccer, compared to american football where we get 2 hours of commercials for 1 hour of gameplay.

I hate diving, cheap tactics, fake injuries, ect but for the most part EPL and soccer is great to watch because it seems to always be on when domestic sports aren't. This years title race is going to pull a lot of people in hopefully, the Leicester City story is nothing short of amazing based on past league results. Even them cracking the top 4 is an amazing feat.

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I didn't know how I would take to it since I really knew nothing about most of the teams and I'm a soccer dummy in general. But, I've really enjoyed it and the timing of the games is perfect. Early saturday/sunday before american football during the fall/winter and its a nice bridge during the current dead time till baseball starts back up.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This years title race is going to pull a lot of people in hopefully, the Leicester City story is nothing short of amazing based on past league results. Even them cracking the top 4 is an amazing feat.

I hate Lister but I hope they fucking win it. So tired of seeing Chelsea, Man U, Arsenal and Liverpool winning it every year.

It's been nice to see Man City break the string up a couple of times.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate Lister but I hope they fucking win it. So tired of seeing Chelsea, Man U, Arsenal and Liverpool winning it every year.

Same here. So tired of the same group of teams winning the big leagues in Europe. It is the reason I'm now an Athletico Madrid fan

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm completely fine with Tottenham or Leicester winning the EPL.

If i had it my way, Tottenham/Leicester would win the EPL, Napoli would win Serie A, & Athletico Madrid would win la liga

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm completely fine with Tottenham or Leicester winning the EPL.

If i had it my way, Tottenham/Leicester would win the EPL, Napoli would win Serie A, & Athletico Madrid would win la liga

I'd be cool with a Tottenham title.

I don't currently have a dog in the EPL but I love seeing the lesser-known clubs doing well. Especially clubs like Everton and Man City, because they're like the Mets and White Sox in their cities.

I don't follow a lot of the other Euro Leagues but I hear ya on hoping the underdogs do well.

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Except Arsenal and Liverpool haven't but I see where you're coming from

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Except Arsenal and Liverpool haven't but I see where you're coming from

Yeah, I screwed up on Liverpool...they haven't won since the PL was established, but they dominated the 70's and 80's.

More correct to have said those four teams are in or around the top four almost every year since the breakaway in 91

handicappers

FAT STACKS BITCHES
Hoopla Cash
$ 196,499.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

When has Liverpool won it? I'm pretty sure they've never won the current EPL, which dates back to 1992

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this is Tottenham title to lose especially if they beat Arsenal this weekend.