• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

How busy will this organization be on draft day?

How busy will this organization be on draft day?

• 1. They'll move up and have a few selections later picks left

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 2. They'll move up then up again later in the draft

• 3. They be pretty staid and make each pick as they come

Votes: 3 50.0%
  • 4. They'll move down and add more picks

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • 5. They'll move down then down again at some point in the draft

• 6. They'll first move up then down later in the draft

• 7. They'll move down then up later in the draft

• 8. Some other combination, see my post.

• Total voters

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As we draw closer to the 2021 NFL draft, speculation grows concerning how it will all play out with respect to the players, but what about the draft selections? Will this team be busy, fairly quiet, or because of an early move, quiet until the later rounds? Entering into this draft, Washington has 8 selections after the trade that sent Trent Williams to the San Francisco 49ers. Now what, do they move up, stand pat, move down or some combination of these choices?

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In my opninion over 10 picks is to much 10 rookies can not make roster.. with that said 8 picks is plenty this year i dont even see 8 picks making the roster .. the philsopy of having crap load of picks is drafting a butt load of players get them in camp and you hit more because you got more .. back in the day Pats did this that one year the browns had 14 none of them are on the roster today

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In my opninion over 10 picks is to much 10 rookies can not make roster.. with that said 8 picks is plenty this year i dont even see 8 picks making the roster .. the philsopy of having crap load of picks is drafting a butt load of players get them in camp and you hit more because you got more .. back in the day Pats did this that one year the browns had 14 none of them are on the roster today
Coach, do you think in 60s or early 70s when teams drafted 17 -20 players that was a mistake? I'd say they do the same thing now but instead of having that many rounds they just sign UDFAs. What 8 -10? So it is the same, they just do it a different way.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Back in the day there were plenty of rookies in camp and some of these guys are now in the HOF

First draft was in 1936 and was 9 rounds, went to 20 rounds in 1939, 30 rounds in 1943, 25 rounds in 1949, 30 rounds in 1950, back down to 20 rounds in 1960, 17 rounds in 1967, down to 12 rounds in 1977, then down to 8 rounds in 1993 and then down to the 7 rounds we have today starting in 1994.

For Washington there's:

Chris Hanburger, middle linebacker Round 18 and 245th pick in 1965.

and for those who aren't aware there's:

Bart Starr, round 17 and selection 200. The Only QB who has as many NFL championships/Super bowls as Tom Brady.

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As we draw closer to the 2021 NFL draft, speculation grows concerning how it will all play out with respect to the players, but what about the draft selections? Will this team be busy, fairly quiet, or because of an early move, quiet until the later rounds? Entering into this draft, Washington has 8 selections after the trade that sent Trent Williams to the San Francisco 49ers. Now what, do they move up, stand pat, move down or some combination of these choices?
"If" we can trade BS to the Jets for 23 I would be ecstatic! That pick would open up other possibilities.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think coach is right about 10 picks

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"If" we can trade BS to the Jets for 23 I would be ecstatic! That pick would open up other possibilities.
Draft Tucker to replace shreif then trade him for 23 pick thats freaking Brilliant i would pee my pants and rub one if that happend

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the jets would be idiots to do this
BS was a round 1, pick 5 selection and according to pundit, the best at his position. The price to obtain him will be high regardless, in a trade or FA next year. At minimum, BS should not play for us this season on a $18M contract. I see that as bad business and while Scherff said all the right things about staying, he is committed to the money. Move on from Scherff....

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BS was a round 1, pick 5 selection and according to pundit, the best at his position. The price to obtain him will be high regardless, in a trade or FA next year. At minimum, BS should not play for us this season on a $18M contract. I see that as bad business and while Scherff said all the right things about staying, he is committed to the money. Move on from Scherff....
ok so why would the jets do this "bad business " they wont . also i was wrong about sign and trades , they dont do it often but CDC was at least an extension

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ok so why would the jets do this "bad business " they wont . also i was wrong about sign and trades , they dont do it often but CDC was at least an extension
Because the Jets are the Jets and btw, working with multiple 1st and they will want to protect their new investment for sure. If they can work out an extension, they should be able to lower his annual salary one would think. It is certainly worth exploring.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because the Jets are the Jets and btw, working with multiple 1st and they will want to protect their new investment for sure. If they can work out an extension, they should be able to lower his annual salary one would think. It is certainly worth exploring.
Ok why in the hell would BS agree to a sign and trade to play for the loser jets for less then 18 mil. You deem to much for an OG ? And if he did agree to take less then why not be on a playoff team on the rise ?
Yeah sure let’s “ explore it “ let’s waste time and resources on a dead end
There is no chance , not one at all , for this to happen , not one .
the parties involved will not agree to such nonsense and if they did then the jets need to fire their FO. And BS his agent

You aren’t getting 23 for a one year rental . Grab a cup of coffee and step outside and get some air

and if it does happen on the slight chance we enter the twilight zone I will gladly eat the biggest dinner of crow ever seen on this board and the ESPN board combined

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok why in the hell would BS agree to a sign and trade to play for the loser jets for less then 18 mil. You deem to much for an OG ? And if he did agree to take less then why not be on a playoff team on the rise ?
Yeah sure let’s “ explore it “ let’s waste time and resources on a dead end
There is no chance , not one at all , for this to happen , not one .
the parties involved will not agree to such nonsense and if they did then the jets need to fire their FO. And BS his agent

You aren’t getting 23 for a one year rental . Grab a cup of coffee and step outside and get some air

and if it does happen on the slight chance we enter the twilight zone I will gladly eat the biggest dinner of crow ever seen on this board and the ESPN board combined
Let's just put it this way, trading BS during the draft could actually happen. If BS wanted to sign a LTD, he would have already. He simply pulled a Cousins, maximized his monies and, next off season he will sign the richest OL contract in history. Something I want NO part of. Losing BS for a mere 3rd round compensation is nonsense and if by chance our FO let's this happen again, they should all be fired as well.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's just put it this way, trading BS during the draft could actually happen. If BS wanted to sign a LTD, he would have already. He simply pulled a Cousins, maximized his monies and, next off season he will sign the richest OL contract in history. Something I want NO part of. Losing BS for a mere 3rd round compensation is nonsense and if by chance our FO let's this happen again, they should all be fired as well.
and i fully agree so why would he agree to a lesser deal with the jets ? and why would the jets bite off on that trade for 23 and pay him 18 mil plus . he is an oft injured guy as well

this is what i am railing against . that trade proposal is foolish and pure fantasy and wishful thinking and add amateurish to the list

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and i fully agree so why would he agree to a lesser deal with the jets ? and why would the jets bite off on that trade for 23 and pay him 18 mil plus . he is an oft injured guy as well

this is what i am railing against . that trade proposal is foolish and pure fantasy and wishful thinking and add amateurish to the list
But if an so called expert said, it would be a great deal for both sides to trade BS & 51 to the Jets for their 23 and a player this would be foolish on our part or the Jets'? Paying Scherff on a new deal while the QB is on a rookie contract might not be a bad ideal for them. Seems they are coveting lineman right now. Anything is possible dad and its not something I threw out there but if the WFT brass could pull this off or something similar to unload Scherff, I"m all for it.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But if an so called expert said, it would be a great deal for both sides to trade BS & 51 to the Jets for their 23 and a player this would be foolish on our part or the Jets'? Paying Scherff on a new deal while the QB is on a rookie contract might not be a bad ideal for them. Seems they are coveting lineman right now. Anything is possible dad and its not something I threw out there but if the WFT brass could pull this off or something similar to unload Scherff, I"m all for it.
Let's all remember that there's going to be a huge infusion of money leading to a significant rise in the salary cap next year. TV money is gigantic and coming to each team. So, perhaps the Jets would be willing to pay the enormous ask that Schreff wants next year. I don't think that Washington wants to pay him what he wants. They set the market on one-year deals for guards but I don't believe that they want to set the market on long-term deals for the same.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would be so unlike the WTF to get some value for a guy they likely are not going to retain after this year.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Either you think 18 mil plus for a OG. Is too much or it isn’t . The jets aren’t doing that for a one yr rental , essentially they are giving up a OG and the 23rd overall for the 51 st .

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's all remember that there's going to be a huge infusion of money leading to a significant rise in the salary cap next year. TV money is gigantic and coming to each team. So, perhaps the Jets would be willing to pay the enormous ask that Schreff wants next year. I don't think that Washington wants to pay him what he wants. They set the market on one-year deals for guards but I don't believe that they want to set the market on long-term deals for the same.
Then we should keep the Allpro OG if we have more cap space . I doubt the jets give up that for a one yr rental nor do I believe BS and his agent would give up that leverage before next season .

now maybe a lower pick could get it done