• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Houston Astros vs. Texas Rangers 8/19-8/21

pegasusredleg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ESPN and Star Telegram reporting Blackley will start tomorrow against the Astros. Don't know if the Rangers are still trying to make a deal for Bedard or Haren.

TheRangerDude

(Dude/Dudeim)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If anyone wants a new banner, let's give this man some ideas. The only restriction I know is that it has to be 1025 x 125 sized.

and under a certain size in KB.
At least that's the way it was when Ghost was running things...

That's easy enough. If anyone has any ideas let me know but it might be easier to find if you private message me. I could make a 3d logo T Ranger symbol and make images of it at different camera angles or I could even make an animated gif if it would upload and if its small enough.

BLeslie59Rangers

I hate the Angels...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JJT has done it again....He wrote an article saying that Yu Darvish isn't doing enough to help the Rangers win...I wish we could publicly tar and feather people that say stupid things.
Yeh, without a doubt, yesterday's loss can be placed squarely on Yu's shoulders. If only he'd learn to hit with RISP....wait, or run the bases intelligently...or, well, well if only he could be as effective as say....Erasmo Ramirez!!! C'mon Yu!! Get with the Program!!.....s m h

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
ESPN and Star Telegram reporting Blackley will start tomorrow against the Astros. Don't know if the Rangers are still trying to make a deal for Bedard or Haren.

From Jerry Fraley, DMN ... Texas Rangers to start veteran Blackley on Tuesday | Texas Rangers Blog

"The Rangers will also have to clear a spot for Blackley on the 25-man roster. Right-hander Alexi Ogando, scratched from this start because of shoulder discomfort, could go on the disabled list for the third time this season.

The Rangers will also have to clear a spot for Blackley on the 40-man major-league roster. They have numerous options".

Whose 40man roster spot do we figure TEX will clear to make room for Blakely?

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
That's easy enough. If anyone has any ideas let me know but it might be easier to find if you private message me. I could make a 3d logo T Ranger symbol and make images of it at different camera angles or I could even make an animated gif if it would upload and if its small enough.

I'd like to see a pic of Martin unleashing a throw ... or perhaps Gentry in full sprint rounding second.

Or a picture of Rios doing anything meaningful.

BLeslie59Rangers

I hate the Angels...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd like to see a pic of Martin unleashing a throw ... or perhaps Gentry in full sprint rounding second.

How about Andrus successfully stealing 3rd....wait, that doesn't exist...

...yes, I'm still burnt over that...

pegasusredleg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The "new" Rangers as JD stated last week are a team where the pitchers and defense keep the team in the game (allow 3 or less runs) and the offense scores 4 runs. Seems to be proving true. We lost 3-1 and 4-3 this weekend. So RW has a metric...to put out a lineup every night where they can score 4 runs or more and let our excellent pitching do their work. Part of that metric should be benching David Murphy for a week to see what Gentry brings to the game on a steady pace. Gentry has "appeared" in 72 games this year. Most of those games were not starts but late inning defensive replacement or pinch hitting. And in the games he started he sometimes did not complete them. So in those mostly partial 72 games Gentry has scored 25 runs. I think that is impressive.

TheRangerDude

(Dude/Dudeim)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That be tough for a banner but I could try. A 1025x125 resolution is a pretty thin rectangle though. It would look something like this white rectangle:
VVCap Image

pegasusredleg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From Jerry Fraley, DMN ... Texas Rangers to start veteran Blackley on Tuesday | Texas Rangers Blog

"The Rangers will also have to clear a spot for Blackley on the 25-man roster. Right-hander Alexi Ogando, scratched from this start because of shoulder discomfort, could go on the disabled list for the third time this season.

The Rangers will also have to clear a spot for Blackley on the 40-man major-league roster. They have numerous options".

Whose 40man roster spot do we figure TEX will clear to make room for Blakely?

The 40 man roster may not be an issue. If Tepesch and Matt West are still on the DL, then that makes room I think on the 40 man roster. The active 25 man roster is another matter. The only player on the active roster that has options I believe is Profar. Send anyone else down and I think they have to clear waivers (bear with me, not locked on to the rules on this). So I think if my assumptions are correct, Ogando has to be put on the DL to make room on the 25 man roster for Blackley. The only other option is to drop Rosales again if Ogando is not put on the DL.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The "new" Rangers as JD stated last week are a team where the pitchers and defense keep the team in the game (allow 3 or less runs) and the offense scores 4 runs. Seems to be proving true. We lost 3-1 and 4-3 this weekend. So RW has a metric...to put out a lineup every night where they can score 4 runs or more and let our excellent pitching do their work. Part of that metric should be benching David Murphy for a week to see what Gentry brings to the game on a steady pace. Gentry has "appeared" in 72 games this year. Most of those games were not starts but late inning defensive replacement or pinch hitting. And in the games he started he sometimes did not complete them. So in those mostly partial 72 games Gentry has scored 25 runs. I think that is impressive.
Gentry is one of those type guys that gives all he's got getting things done without a lot of attention. I would like to see more of him but not sure of his future with the Rangers. Good man!

TheRangerDude

(Dude/Dudeim)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will try and make a banner for you guys a little later... can it be an animated gif or does it need to be standard file like a png or jpg? I could probably make a pretty cool one with a lot of the players on it and a logo or something... the only thing is I'm confident anything I do will be copyright infringement but I guess as long no money is being made off of it, its OK.

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will try and make a banner for you guys a little later... can it be an animated gif or does it need to be standard file like a png or jpg? I could probably make a pretty cool one with a lot of the players on it and a logo or something... the only thing is I'm confident anything I do will be copyright infringement but I guess as long no money is being made off of it, its OK.
We'll visit you in jail if there's a problem, dude, anyways. Won't we guys? :whistle:

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about Andrus successfully stealing 3rd....wait, that doesn't exist...

...yes, I'm still burnt over that...

Understand! His excuse on why he did what he did was pretty effing :lame: too! But I do like EA, and hope you'll forget/forgive, starting tonight!

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We'll visit you in jail if there's a problem, dude, anyways. Won't we guys? :whistle:

If you're counting me as part of we, then you're down to you, because I ain'tta goin! hahaha

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Gerry Fraley pointed out (this morning), since the AS game, Murphy has been platooned. Since doing so, his average since is .258. Not cause for celebration, granted. But a long friggin way from .222.