• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Houston Astros vs. Texas Rangers 8/19-8/21

pegasusredleg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Series thread is up.

We have Garza on Monday. TBD on Tuesday and Holland on Wednesday. At least that is what MLB.com has.

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fraley's piece yesterday reported Blackley+Wolf on Tuesday although other than the weekly Adam Rosales DFA don't know how TEX makes room for Blackley on the 40man/25man.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Series thread is up.

We have Garza on Monday. TBD on Tuesday and Holland on Wednesday. At least that is what MLB.com has.
We desperately need a sweep especially after losing the series with Seattle.

pegasusredleg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We all need to cheer up and take Lainey's dad's advice. The Rangers are in first, great record and are going to be fine.

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We all need to cheer up and take Lainey's dad's advice. The Rangers are in first, great record and are going to be fine.

I think everyone is stressed out because of how tight it is..... Oakland being close is one thing, but the wild card situation this year is crazy. With one bad week, we could possibly be on the outside looking in.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think everyone is stressed out because of how tight it is..... Oakland being close is one thing, but the wild card situation this year is crazy. With one bad week, we could possibly be on the outside looking in.
Start winning and stress will go away.

TheRangerDude

(Dude/Dudeim)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why is the Ranger Logo blue on here now?

pegasusredleg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

A valid concern. However my dissertation on the AL WC situation showed the twists and turns. The O's play the Rays this week. If one or the other comes up on top, one team could be taken back a week's worth of catch up.
The upside of the A's taking two from Cleveland is they are now down 4.5 games. So many permutations not enough room here. I posted my thoughts on the season thread.

But you and WMW have valid points. The remainder of August, given our Sept schedule, we need 8 wins to keep competitive for the AL West title. The WC is just that...wild.

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A valid concern. However my dissertation on the AL WC situation showed the twists and turns. The O's play the Rays this week. If one or the other comes up on top, one team could be taken back a week's worth of catch up.
The upside of the A's taking two from Cleveland is they are now down 4.5 games. So many permutations not enough room here. I posted my thoughts on the season thread.

But you and WMW have valid points. The remainder of August, given our Sept schedule, we need 8 wins to keep competitive for the AL West title. The WC is just that...wild.

I think we're unlucky in regard to the wildcard.... The wildcard situation in the NL is a lot less crazy lol

TheRangerDude

(Dude/Dudeim)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

To me, this is the sort of thing a pennant race is all about... it keeps it more exciting because it seems like every game means that much more because things are close. Also, I think it does that for the players too. I think it is a good thing for this team and maybe a necessary experience because other last couple weeks of last season, they have been running away with the division come crunch time at the end of the season. Maybe this experence will humble them a bit so that the get hot rather than overconfident down the home stretch.

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Why is the Ranger Logo blue on here now?

For the newer folks here ... we (board posters) suggested our original banner when we came over here in Sep 2010 ... had a number of player pictures. For 2011 ... we put together a new banner ... and then again in 2012. That one is the one that is still up. Poster Xx_srs_bsns_xX as I remember it put the graphics together and then Kenny our original Mod got it posted.

So ... probably too late this year to build a new one ... but then we can update logos, scenes, etc. Just need to have someone do the artwork.

pegasusredleg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To me, this is the sort of thing a pennant race is all about... it keeps it more exciting because it seems like every game means that much more because things are close. Also, I think it does that for the players too. I think it is a good thing for this team and maybe a necessary experience because other last couple weeks of last season, they have been running away with the division come crunch time at the end of the season. Maybe this experence will humble them a bit so that the get hot rather than overconfident down the home stretch.

The "human" element in professional sports is hard to gauge. Win or lose most of these players make in a year what most people never make in a lifetime. I am sure the majority of players have pride in their work and want a WS ring. However, at the end of the season no matter when that ends for a player the checks keep coming in.

TheRangerDude

(Dude/Dudeim)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the newer folks here ... we (board posters) suggested our original banner when we came over here in Sep 2010 ... had a number of player pictures. For 2011 ... we put together a new banner ... and then again in 2012. That one is the one that is still up. Poster Xx_srs_bsns_xX as I remember it put the graphics together and then Kenny our original Mod got it posted.

So ... probably too late this year to build a new one ... but then we can update logos, scenes, etc. Just need to have someone do the artwork.

Well, if you guys have something you want done... let me know. I could do the artwork as long as you don't want anything that fancy... I have a background in animation and all the software to do it. Personally, I like their regular logo though.

Last edited by a moderator:

pegasusredleg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That Fraley article stated plan A for the Tuesday start might involve picking up Bedard or Haren. Bedard would be cheaper no doubt. Plan B would be Blackley Wolf combo.

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think so too

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JJT has done it again....He wrote an article saying that Yu Darvish isn't doing enough to help the Rangers win...I wish we could publicly tar and feather people that say stupid things.