• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Houston Astros vs. Texas Rangers 8/19-8/21

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Gentry may start but I bet some of it is in CF and Martin sits and Murphy plays LF. I have a feeling they will alternate Martina and Murphy against the lefties. And I disagree with that as well. Martin puts pressure on the opposing team because of his speed just like Gentry does.

I've been wrong more than right recently ... but doubt a L-L platoon of Martin/Murphy simply because moving Martin out of the lead off spot will precipitate a number of batting order changes.

If there is one thing we know about Wash he does not like make any change or changes... whether that means a pitching change during the game or a batting order change.

When something is working management above likes it to stay that way ... making changes = taking a risk ... and Wash is rarely a risk taker especially if that were to mean putting Murphy in the lineup over Martin. Over Gentry ... perhaps ... but not over Martin. Not going to happen.

But then as I said ... I've been wrong.

WTXRangerFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
EA should have let Gentry get that Altuve blooper bali in the 8th. Watched the replay again, replay shows Gentry almost there. I can see him racing in quicker without having to slow for EA, then jumping like a big cat and snagging it. Robbed us of a great catch EA, but got us walked off. So we're even.Go Rangers.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been wrong more than right recently ... but doubt a L-L platoon of Martin/Murphy simply because moving Martin out of the lead off spot will precipitate a number of batting order changes.

If there is one thing we know about Wash he does not like make any change or changes... whether that means a pitching change during the game or a batting order change.

When something is working management above likes it to stay that way ... making changes = taking a risk ... and Wash is rarely a risk taker especially if that were to mean putting Murphy in the lineup over Martin. Over Gentry ... perhaps ... but not over Martin. Not going to happen.

But then as I said ... I've been wrong.
I hope you're right.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
EA should have let Gentry get that Altuve blooper bali in the 8th. Watched the replay again, replay shows Gentry almost there. I can see him racing in quicker without having to slow for EA, then jumping like a big cat and snagging it. Robbed us of a great catch EA, but got us walked off. So we're even.Go Rangers.
EA was hustling to make the play. Split second timing left him no choice and he almost made the play. Could Gentry have made the play? Maybe but neither had the replay to use in making the correct call.

pegasusredleg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

My thoughts as well. When you look at the replay, you say Gentry could have caught that, but he was not (as another poster has put it) "wheels up" speed towards the ball because EA was racing out to get it. I think EA is used to going out after bloops like that because Murphy does not have Gentry's speed.

I was going to make a separate post on Gentry, but here is as good a place. When he is in the lineup either starting or coming in late to pinch hit or as a defensive substitution he makes good things happen for this team. We all know his defense is not a liability, in fact when he is in you could argue he saves runs from scoring and prevents extra base hits. That grab he made off of Altuve if not made could have been a game changer. He scored three times last night.

In 75 games he has had 194 PAs which averages to roughly 2.5 ABs per game. Given those numbers I think it is very impressive he has a total of 28 runs scored.

What keeps him from starting more is his L/R split. Against LHP he is .281 and vs. RHP .211

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My thoughts as well. When you look at the replay, you say Gentry could have caught that, but he was not (as another poster has put it) "wheels up" speed towards the ball because EA was racing out to get it. I think EA is used to going out after bloops like that because Murphy does not have Gentry's speed.

I was going to make a separate post on Gentry, but here is as good a place. When he is in the lineup either starting or coming in late to pinch hit or as a defensive substitution he makes good things happen for this team. We all know his defense is not a liability, in fact when he is in you could argue he saves runs from scoring and prevents extra base hits. That grab he made off of Altuve if not made could have been a game changer. He scored three times last night.

In 75 games he has had 194 PAs which averages to roughly 2.5 ABs per game. Given those numbers I think it is very impressive he has a total of 28 runs scored.

What keeps him from starting more is his L/R split. Against LHP he is .281 and vs. RHP .211
Good post. The guy just does things that seem impossible for most. His speed accounts for most of it but he combines concentration with it and makes those incredible plays as was with Altuve.

whittler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any info, condition on the Astro kid Hit in the Face?

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't know anyone who would even debate that

According to the Defensive Runs Saved stat on Fangraphs, he's saved 9 runs this year and 16 last year and 8 the year before in limited time

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any info, condition on the Astro kid Hit in the Face?

espn says he was kept overnight at the hospital but had no facial fractures. was released this morning and return to Houston for concussion testing