• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Housecleaning in Buffalo

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Buffalo doesn't need another project general manager.

*puts Leafs hat on*

Buffalo should take another chance with an inexperienced, rookie, project general manager whose high career point in management is an AHL team. Murray just as easily could've been a success if the 2015 draft lottery wasn't rigged.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What they're reporting in Buffalo is that the draft represents the end of the scouting year, so they apparently didn't want to bring in a new GM with so little time before the draft.

If it weren't for canning Bylsma and Murray at the same time, I'd say it's the right move to not can Whaley when they canned Rex, but I can't figure out why you do one thing with one team and something else with the other.
It's worse when you consider that canning Rex came from Pegula and not Whaley, and then they left Whaley there to talk to the press and all he could basically say is "this came from the owner who is not talking about it", and then they fire Whaley anyway.

Weirder shit has happened in sports but Pegula's run as a sports team owner hasn't been a lot of fun for anybody not located 90 minutes up the QEW.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Weirder shit has happened in sports but Pegula's run as a sports team owner hasn't been a lot of fun for anybody not located 90 minutes up the QEW.

Man, I miss the classic Bossman line when he wrote that if Toronto fans want to watch a NHL team, all they needed to do was drive 90 minutes to Buffalo.

/RIP Steve

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's worse when you consider that canning Rex came from Pegula and not Whaley, and then they left Whaley there to talk to the press and all he could basically say is "this came from the owner who is not talking about it", and then they fire Whaley anyway.

I think Ville Leino enjoyed it.

esls79

I am?
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just off the top of my head

I'm sure the sign outside for $2 drafts drew them in.

With these two, hold my beer means so much more.

"Maybe the Blue Jays are hiring?"

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently reached out to Brodeur and were told no thanks. Still trying to find a legit source.