• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Horror Movies

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey, if any of you like to you know....read horror novels? Been meaning to mention this fella to you fine folks....

Bentley Little is a must read. Not as well known as Stephen King or Peter Straub but he is excellent. He writes about everyday stuff and turns it into some really good stuff....

Can be a bit sick and twisted. You have been warned.

Any specific recommendations?

BeaReylo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm planning on binging when all the episodes are out, but the creator was heavily influenced by The Thing.
From what I've read the first season was inspired by HP Lovecraft.

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From what I've read the first season was inspired by HP Lovecraft.

Being inspired by The Thing and Lovecraft isn't necessarily a bad thing, eh?
Here's hoping they stick the landing.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Producer of Black Phone (meh, I thought it was stupid AF) and Megan (ruined... nice job PG13... they even went softer than a penis in front of a 100 year old woman on the unrated R version).. this is a hard skip.

This looks horrible. Teddy bear goes freak mode... or we introduce some stupid paranormal into it with dumbass loud explosion noises to elicit jump scares. Fuck this movie. I hope it earns $20. It will naturally be PG13 so teenage men can have an opportunity to stick their hands in places to the 'scared whoman' they're with.

Sorry, I just think this is crap. F tier.

DarthVedder

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True Detective Season 4

The season had some interesting ideas, but it just didn't stick the landing in solving the main mystery. The actual perpetrators of the killings around which the season is centered came completely out of left field, and it makes zero sense that a group of 20 armed women would be able storm a hi-tech lab, kidnap a bunch of scientists and then leave zero evidence behind. The main detectives must be really bad at their jobs.

The story had a not-so-fleshed out supernatural aspect to it, but it seems like they wanted a natural explanation behind the killings.

Also, the idea that a bunch of scientists are going to cold-blood murder an activist woman is just not realistic, even if she destroyed some of their work.

In the end, some solid scenes, some good acting but the season overall was unsatisfactory. 6/10

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True Detective Season 4

The season had some interesting ideas, but it just didn't stick the landing in solving the main mystery. The actual perpetrators of the killings around which the season is centered came completely out of left field, and it makes zero sense that a group of 20 armed women would be able storm a hi-tech lab, kidnap a bunch of scientists and then leave zero evidence behind. The main detectives must be really bad at their jobs.

The story had a not-so-fleshed out supernatural aspect to it, but it seems like they wanted a natural explanation behind the killings.

Also, the idea that a bunch of scientists are going to cold-blood murder an activist woman is just not realistic, even if she destroyed some of their work.

In the end, some solid scenes, some good acting but the season overall was unsatisfactory. 6/10
Yeah, I thought it was just ok.

Nice eerie connection to The Thing.
The best detective of the bunch was young Pete Prior.

Most interesting character might have been Rose.

Dead2009

Horror Movie Guru
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Producer of Black Phone (meh, I thought it was stupid AF) and Megan (ruined... nice job PG13... they even went softer than a penis in front of a 100 year old woman on the unrated R version).. this is a hard skip.

This looks horrible. Teddy bear goes freak mode... or we introduce some stupid paranormal into it with dumbass loud explosion noises to elicit jump scares. Fuck this movie. I hope it earns $20. It will naturally be PG13 so teenage men can have an opportunity to stick their hands in places to the 'scared whoman' they're with.

Sorry, I just think this is crap. F tier.

A horror movie doesnt have to be R all the time to be good.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
GH6YcTrXIAAtUM4

redskinsfan1963

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
jason jumping up from the pond in the first friday the 13th scared the shit out of me.dennis hopper singing candy man in blue velvet did too.

Dead2009

Horror Movie Guru
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was going to say...DJ Qualls as Krueger? No way.
He has the look (kinda), but not the voice or personality.

But after V, who would have thought Robert Englund would become a horror icon?