• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Honey Badger out with torn ACL

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I certainly have some moments where I am wondering why Palmer is still in the game.

Arians believes you can't coach around injuries. If there gonna happen then there gonna happen. HB was a freak thing. We literally didn't have enough DB's to sub him out.

Its easy to question coaching moves from the couch. People like @eaglesnut just don't know football so they try and "Monday morning QB" and just end up sounding stupid. I find myself getting into arguments with clowns like him when really his angle is just a response to getting jack stomped at home.

All in all, it's the NFL. Injuries happen and I ain't making any excuses.

Next man up!!

I was expecting to get jacked up in this game. Really doesn't matter in the big picture. What matters is losing a great player because your coach didn't know how to play for January.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
pretty rare for NFL teams to substitute backups for starters in a game they are winning, at any time.

Especially a defensive player

That's not true in December. Maybe the cardinals can overcome Arians being a bonehead. We'll see.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's not true in December. Maybe the cardinals can overcome Arians being a bonehead. We'll see.

Bro, give it a rest. Hes probably going to win coach of the year. You telling me you'd rather have Chip than Arians. Drop it dude. The Cards are a better team and better coached than us.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bro, give it a rest. Hes probably going to win coach of the year. You telling me you'd rather have Chip than Arians. Drop it dude. The Cards are a better team and better coached than us.
Chip has nothing to do with Arians. I wasn't comparing them and why would I? One guy has built a passing juggernaut and successfully picked two defensive coordinators, and the other guy got rid of all his playmakers and his defense gets gashed regularly.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And the coach of the year is Rivera if they pull off 16-0. Going into the year so many people thought the Panthers were scrubs, the Cardinals were one of the favorites.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You didn't consider them a complete team because you were assuming injury?
Yes, with Carson Palmer and Honey Badger I'm assuming injuries are probable. Like how I assume Jeff Fisher teams are prone to personal fouls.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And the coach of the year is Rivera if they pull off 16-0. Going into the year so many people thought the Panthers were scrubs, the Cardinals were one of the favorites.
I'm pretty sure lots of people were picking the Panthers to win the South

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was expecting to get jacked up in this game. Really doesn't matter in the big picture. What matters is losing a great player because your coach didn't know how to play for January.
:thumb:

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, with Carson Palmer and Honey Badger I'm assuming injuries are probable. Like how I assume Jeff Fisher teams are prone to personal fouls.
Do you consider the patriots the same with people like Gronk, edelman, amandola, etc.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you consider the patriots the same with people like Gronk, edelman, amandola, etc.

It will be interesting to see what Arians does from here on out. Back in 2004 when the Eagles were 13-1 and lost T.O. Andry Reid benched every good player and lost the last two games. Didnt the Colts blow a chance at a perfect season benching their stars a few years back too. If I were Arians, especially after last year, the minute I have the bye seed wrapped up... you aint seeing Palmer, Peterson, Fitz, etc.

Im rooting for the Cards but I was SHOCKED to see Palmer in there during a blow out, with a hurt throwing hand and getting "high-lowed" by Barwin and Cox late in the 4th. Tremendously risky.

FORKWDEVIL

shut up and make me a sandwich
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was depressed all day.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obviously it's a huge blow, but the good news is we were deep in the secondary before his injury. Now, we don't have as much depth with him out, but they will still be well above average with Peterson, Johnson, Bethel, Jefferson, Powers, Swearinger, etc.

HB was a freak thing. We literally didn't have enough DB's to sub him out.
giphy.gif

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It will be interesting to see what Arians does from here on out. Back in 2004 when the Eagles were 13-1 and lost T.O. Andry Reid benched every good player and lost the last two games. Didnt the Colts blow a chance at a perfect season benching their stars a few years back too. If I were Arians, especially after last year, the minute I have the bye seed wrapped up... you aint seeing Palmer, Peterson, Fitz, etc.

Im rooting for the Cards but I was SHOCKED to see Palmer in there during a blow out, with a hurt throwing hand and getting "high-lowed" by Barwin and Cox late in the 4th. Tremendously risky.
Can't say I disagree

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not at all. Lots of banged up teams right now.

Its fair to say that this is the weakest competition the NFL has seen in awhile with Dalton banged up, the Seahawks are banged up, the Pats are banged up, Peyton is done, Romo didn't play and Murray got traded, Packers have been banged up, Detroit had a bad offseason, Niners had the worst offseason ever, etc.

All a team should need to win a Super Bowl this year is a franchise QB, at least one dependable WR/TE and a top 10 defense.

Arizona, Denver and Carolina were pretty unique in that they were the only teams that could cover everyone in the secondary*. I'm not fully sure Arizona is on that list anymore but the fact that the list is that small means that a team with Carson Palmer, a decent oline and 3 really good WRs is a huge threat to almost everyone. Heck even Fells is good in Arizona's offense and he is a journeyman.

*No one can cover Antonio Brown. Also, Seattle is probably in that mix, too

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I watched both of the last 2 Pats games. And Brady was on the field in the closing minutes with big leads in both games. Does that mean that BB doesn't know how to "play for January"?

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not at all. Lots of banged up teams right now.

Its fair to say that this is the weakest competition the NFL has seen in awhile with Dalton banged up, the Seahawks are banged up, the Pats are banged up, Peyton is done, Romo didn't play and Murray got traded, Packers have been banged up, Detroit had a bad offseason, Niners had the worst offseason ever, etc.

All a team should need to win a Super Bowl this year is a franchise QB, at least one dependable WR/TE and a top 10 defense.

Arizona, Denver and Carolina were pretty unique in that they were the only teams that could cover everyone in the secondary*. I'm not fully sure Arizona is on that list anymore but the fact that the list is that small means that a team with Carson Palmer, a decent oline and 3 really good WRs is a huge threat to almost everyone. Heck even Fells is good in Arizona's offense and he is a journeyman.

Just because the Bengals never get any love anywhere...The Bengals D is ridiculous. The pass D is VERY good.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Seattle did a pretty good job covering Brown. He only caught 5 passes for 51 yards I think. Sherman held him to 24 yards when he was the man covering him. Of course that didn't stop the rest of the Steelers receivers from having career days though.