• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Honey Badger out with torn ACL

CCF151

Low flying fruit bat!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's fine and dandy, but it cost him.
Not really as freak injures like that can literally happen at ANY time. If it had been a contact injury I would agree, but tearing an ACL like that can happen just about any time you plant wrong.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A meaningless Eagles drive on a cold night and now your team is worse off for it. Decision makers have accountability for their decisions. It's on Arians.
I can't believe you're that stupid.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure it could have. And injuries happen. But this one was avoidable in this instance. None of us in the stands could believe he still had Palmer in there so late after what happened to the cardinals promising season last year. It was foolish and they got bit.
Yes, most of us watching on TV couldn't believe they left Palmer out there after he jammed his finger and had it taped up.

What the fuck does that have to do with Mathieu? NOTHING. If Palmer had been hurt your claim would have been quite valid. He wasn't and it isn't. There was no reason to believe he was at risk. It was a freak injury.

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's too bad, he was having a great year. Hope he has a quick recovery and is ready for next season.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn this sucks. Really enjoy watching him play.

Sad news, but injuries are part of life in the NFL. Hope he recovers fully and gets to play next October or November. He'll be back next season for sure, just a matter of when.

Not that his injury is the same, but Heath Miller tore his ACL & MCL back in December of 2012 (week 16). He came back in week 4 the following season. So only missed a month worth of regular season.

Last edited:

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, most of us watching on TV couldn't believe they left Palmer out there after he jammed his finger and had it taped up.

What the fuck does that have to do with Mathieu? NOTHING. If Palmer had been hurt your claim would have been quite valid. He wasn't and it isn't. There was no reason to believe he was at risk. It was a freak injury.

It was a blow out. Get the backups some reps.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tough loss, but it's the NFL it happens...wish HB a full recovery and nice 2nd contract. Proof that you can still play CB in this league at a high level even if you're not 6'.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I figured the Cardinals were one of the most injury prone teams coming into this year which is why I didn't figure they'd be the most complete team in football.

Honey Badger is probably their 2nd best player. A massive blow imo

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Someone said this injury wont affect the Honey Badgers contract situation. As much as everyone loves the Badger that injury may have cost him 10's of millions.

I was questioning Arians too. Not on the Badger injury but it looked like Carson may have broke his finger (which he didnt). It was late in the 4th in a blow out game with and injured hand there was one play when Conner Barwin was on the ground and wrapped up Palmers legs from behind and Fletcher Cox came the other way and flattened Palmer. If Barwin didnt let go man it could have been dual blown ACL's. I just didnt get that at all. Keeping a slot CB in late in the game is OK in my opinion but not your MVP QB candidate... especially after last year. I wish I had a screen shot of that cause outside of the Eagles Im rooting for the Cards to win the title/

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I figured the Cardinals were one of the most injury prone teams coming into this year which is why I didn't figure they'd be the most complete team in football.

Order of importance to the team:

1) Palmer (obviously)
2) Peterson
3) Veldheer-lupati (just gonna bunch them together)
4) Badger
5) Campbell

Obviously it's a huge blow, but the good news is we were deep in the secondary before his injury. Now, we don't have as much depth with him out, but they will still be well above average with Peterson, Johnson, Bethel, Jefferson, Powers, Swearinger, etc.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Order of importance to the team:

1) Palmer (obviously)
2) Peterson
3) Veldheer-lupati (just gonna bunch them together)
4) Badger
5) Campbell

Obviously it's a huge blow, but the good news is we were deep in the secondary before his injury. Now, we don't have as much depth with him out, but they will still be well above average with Peterson, Johnson, Bethel, Jefferson, Powers, Swearinger, etc.
I think as long as the Cardinals have Palmer and the 3 headed WR attack then they have a chance. I just think losing the Honey Badger puts them in the mix with other teams like the Panthers and no longer the favorite.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think as long as the Cardinals have Palmer and the 3 headed WR attack then they have a chance. I just think losing the Honey Badger puts them in the mix with other teams like the Panthers and no longer the favorite.
thankfully, that's why they play the games

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You didn't consider them a complete team because you were assuming injury?

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Someone said this injury wont affect the Honey Badgers contract situation. As much as everyone loves the Badger that injury may have cost him 10's of millions.

I was questioning Arians too. Not on the Badger injury but it looked like Carson may have broke his finger (which he didnt). It was late in the 4th in a blow out game with and injured hand there was one play when Conner Barwin was on the ground and wrapped up Palmers legs from behind and Fletcher Cox came the other way and flattened Palmer. If Barwin didnt let go man it could have been dual blown ACL's. I just didnt get that at all. Keeping a slot CB in late in the game is OK in my opinion but not your MVP QB candidate... especially after last year. I wish I had a screen shot of that cause outside of the Eagles Im rooting for the Cards to win the title/
I certainly have some moments where I am wondering why Palmer is still in the game.

Arians believes you can't coach around injuries. If there gonna happen then there gonna happen. HB was a freak thing. We literally didn't have enough DB's to sub him out.

Its easy to question coaching moves from the couch. People like @eaglesnut just don't know football so they try and "Monday morning QB" and just end up sounding stupid. I find myself getting into arguments with clowns like him when really his angle is just a response to getting jack stomped at home.

All in all, it's the NFL. Injuries happen and I ain't making any excuses.

Next man up!!

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
pretty rare for NFL teams to substitute backups for starters in a game they are winning, at any time.

Especially a defensive player

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To bad, guy's an important part of that team.