• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Homer / Shero

anderwho2513

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
here's the thing.. if the flyers weren't willing to sign him to the contract he wanted, they had to move him.. getting anything makes it a good trade.. a 3rd round pick is pretty solid for parent.. and thats how you have to look at it

3rd round pick in a weak draft and a 7th round pick in the same draft ≠ a 23 year old former 1st round pick.

and a 7th. whos knows, another eriksson?

Blasphemy! There is only one true Eriksson. Begotten, not made.

anderwho2513

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And now LeBrun is saying Hamhuis' agent denies ever making contract demands. Then why the hell didn't you sign?!

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3rd round pick in a weak draft and a 7th round pick in the same draft ≠ a 23 year old former 1st round pick.

dont forget about his ridiculous back problems.. and how can they really be sure about it being a terrible draft class next season? obviously they can guess at it, and maybe its a weaker draft class.. but how can they say its awful already when they don't even know how guys drafted this year will pan out.. i dont take too much stock in the 'strength of a draft class' a whole year prior to the draft

anderwho2513

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Real_ESPNLeBrun

Hamhuis agent Wade Arnott: "We did not present a framework for a contract to Flyers at any point, nor indicate any salary demands."

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Real_ESPNLeBrun

Hamhuis agent Wade Arnott: "We did not present a framework for a contract to Flyers at any point, nor indicate any salary demands."

So basically, Hamhuis and his agent did the ol JD Drew shuffle to Homer and Philadelphia.

Pay backs are going to be a mother when the season starts!! :mad:

h X c Chris

foul-mouthed
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I hope Hamhuis signs with the Pens so I have a real reason to hate him. Otherwise no hard feelings, I know its just business. I still would love to add him to the hate list though.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a crock of bullshit. I for one am outraged that we would trade the rights to a solid defenseman to one of our most hated rivals.

I hope the Pens are not able to come to an agreement with him. They really shouldn't anyway, as their cap situation is about the same as ours. Yes, we need to sign a goalie, Coburn and another defenseman or two, but they need to sign three or four defensemen themselves and with only $1 million more in cap space than us.

Vadered

Future Flyer Cup-Winner
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,135.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On the plus side, turning Parent into anything, and I mean ANYTHING, that is not Parent is a plus.

On the down side, hate to see the Pens get even a sniff at somebody decent.

HonusWagner66

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a crock of bullshit. I for one am outraged that we would trade the rights to a solid defenseman to one of our most hated rivals.

I hope the Pens are not able to come to an agreement with him. They really shouldn't anyway, as their cap situation is about the same as ours. Yes, we need to sign a goalie, Coburn and another defenseman or two, but they need to sign three or four defensemen themselves and with only $1 million more in cap space than us.

Pens need a defenseman that is solid defensively. That's exactly what Hamhuis is. James Mirtle ranked him the #9 best UFA after the season, making him the sixth best available right now after some signings. He's what Pittsburgh needs.

And the Pens have the cap room to sign him. They can spend 6.5 million on Hamhuis and Leopold/Eaton, 875k on a 6th/7th defenseman, and have nearly $5.5 million left for a pair of wings. Get one for $3 million and another for $2 million.

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm with Mav & Vadered on this. It's total bullshit!

Homer admittedly said that he "had about 5 offers for Hamhuis' rights", so why the fuck would he decide to give him up to the Pen's (no offense HW) of all teams??!! Because they offered the most/highest draft pick in a shallow as hell draft???

Lame.....real goddamn lame. :mad:

recon

FLYERS
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i heard hamhuis wouldn't sign with us because he wanted to be a top 4 defenseman, but the flyers said they wanted to resign coburn also

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i heard hamhuis wouldn't sign with us because he wanted to be a top 4 defenseman, but the flyers said they wanted to resign coburn also

If that's his thought process, not only will he never sign with the Pens, I'll gladly watch him go his whole career without ever even having the chance to play for a Cup. He needs to grow up. Fuck him.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pens need a defenseman that is solid defensively. That's exactly what Hamhuis is. James Mirtle ranked him the #9 best UFA after the season, making him the sixth best available right now after some signings. He's what Pittsburgh needs.

And the Pens have the cap room to sign him. They can spend 6.5 million on Hamhuis and Leopold/Eaton, 875k on a 6th/7th defenseman, and have nearly $5.5 million left for a pair of wings. Get one for $3 million and another for $2 million.

Uh huh. It must be nice to be able to dish out $17.4 million to two players and then get sixteen others to take a pay cut.