• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Holly Crap......Suh fined 100k!

mikey728

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Too harsh ??? They're joking, right ??? He puts a guy's career at risk and all it costs him is like one expensive toy...Yeah, that's a real blow to his finances...The league is obviously tiring of KongMan and his BS...

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with Mikey, it's a joke of a fine. The guy is making over 11 mil this year in salary alone, hardly puts a dent in his pocket.

LPinSLC

Gang Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For a low block? A block that was legal last year? If it was anyone else You would have never even seen a replay...

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be honest i'd forgotten about that rule change. I saw the reply and wondered what he did wrong. Then I remembered the rule and why it was brought in. Suh's fine is high because of his previous infractions. If it had been Brockers or Langford the fine would likely have been $21K. Oh well. The next 1's a ban.

Hopefully there are no Rams to be fined this week. I remember the commentators talking about a play during the Cardinals game and saying that a Rams player would likely be fined. I thought at the time that the play concerned was clean. I can't remember who it was. I think it was for a hit with a helmet but the Rams player was stooping and the blow would have been at waist/lower ribs height. I'm probably wrong.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They were talking about the TJ McDonald hit which I didn't care enough to check back and see if it was dirty. TJ was playing well all game so that was more of an anomaly or bad technique from a guy in his first game in the NFL.

Im still pissed that Mizzou got its MLB suspended for a game for hitting a 'defenseless receiver' who wasn't really defenseless and wasn't really hit that hard.

Suh is obviously just in trouble because of his past transgressions. He'll have a microscope on him for the next 3 years

mutigers1fan

the SoCo kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clay, the Andrew Wilson ejection and suspension is bull because the receiver was changing levels as he came down and Wilson hit him in the head as he dropped. Wilson was clearly aimed at his mid section initially.

As far as Suh goes, I have no problem with the hit. Offensive players can cut block the D-line all they want but after an INT the defensive player can't return the favor? This fine is based purely on reputation and nothing else. Suh is the new whipping boy for Roger to posterize so he can make someone else a villain, therefore making himself look good. Have we all seen Thank You for Smoking? You don't have to be right, you simply have to prove that the other person is wrong. Suh made a few stupid mistakes and the league has used him as the easy target to posterize.

Last edited by a moderator:

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For a low block? A block that was legal last year? If it was anyone else You would have never even seen a replay...

Didn't DeCastro do this to his teammate on Sunday?

bluepigpen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Suh is an idiot, should not have made block in the first place. He is crap, 100,000 wasn't enough, suspend him and we don't have to hear his name again. He is a fool or tool however you want to view him.:nod:

UnrealTerm04

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fine's won't do anything. These players make a butt load of money and as a fellow poster said, it won't make a dent in their wallets.

$100,000 fine and a minimum 4 game suspension is would should be.

jacobarch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The real joke is the league. They're all about players safety? BS!!! If they actually cared players Suh and Co. would be suspended with out pay. That would send a strong message to the Players and their Coaches that this is no longer going to be tolerated.
BTW the real problem with the Suh play was not that the block was low it was because it wasn't a football move. The guy returning the interception was clearly not even close to them in the play Suh just took a cheap shot because that's what he does. I can't wait for the day when some one does it to him and ends his career.

mutigers1fan

the SoCo kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guys the union is way too strong to be giving out too big of punishments.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This rule change was the worst of the offseason.

100% not dirty and even with the rule change the committee responsible for the fine should all be fired. There was very clearly no intent to injure, and he aimed for the waist.

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To put things in perspective, before taxes and agent fees, Suh makes about 700,000 per game in salary. Also, the fine will be appealed and eventually reduced just like every other fine they hand out.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This rule change was the worst of the offseason.

100% not dirty and
even with the rule change the committee responsible for the fine should all be
fired. There was very clearly no intent to injure, and he aimed for the waist.

Yeah going from a legal hit last year, to a fine of $100,000 over night? C'mon. The league is getting soft, but the have to "protect players". Not to mention if you look at the replay, it all happens in a split second in a CLOSE GAME. I think what the NFL expects players to do in a split second is ridiculous. Ronny Lott would have last 2 years in this league and then gotten banned and we all think of him as one of the best safeties ever. Suh is getting picked on, but he has earned this reputation and needs to watch himself.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He could change his rep anytime with clean aggressive play characteristic of all players who are All-Pros and eventually end-up in the HOF generally speaking. Suh maybe targeted but so is Richie Incognito on a lesser scale. Suh resorts to this kind of crap because like Incognito, they have the thug mentality. He was as good as he was advertised, he would not have to resort to this krap. Reps can be changed!

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The fine looked ridiculous in relation to the offence but no-one else seemed to be committing this infraction during the previous 4 weeks. This is the 6th time the league has taken disciplinary action against Suh.

In other news Finnegan was fined $7875 by the league this week . It's the 4th time the league has taken action against Finnegan.

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My mistake. It's Finnegan's 6th offence. He was also fined twice in 2008. I didn't originally go that far back.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The fine looked ridiculous in relation to the offence but no-one else seemed to be committing this infraction during the previous 4 weeks. This is the 6th time the league has taken disciplinary action against Suh.

In other news Finnegan was fined $7875 by the league this week . It's the 4th time the league has taken action against Finnegan.
Oh my, on one of those late hits, I could have sworn that the player was not officially out of bounds. I was under the impression that a player was not out of bounds until they 'touched' out of bounds. Maybe this has changed much in the same way on a TD where the ball must pass inside the pylon or it's out of bounds. So maybe, now a player is considered to be out of bounds even when they have not officially 'touched' out of bounds as long as they and the ball or over the OOB line.

To me, as long as you can officially progress the ball forward, you are in play and can be hit!

Last edited by a moderator: