• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Hockey town vists Football town for baseball?

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What’s impressive is we still haven’t seen all of what Brinson can do. He’s battled leg injuries in each of the past two seasons with a quad injury hindering him in 2014 and a hamstring injury costing him time in 2015. Defensively he could improve on his routes and reads in center but he’s already a solid center fielder who could end up being well above-average.

Does he have an average to above average arm? If it's above average, is it in the category of Martins'?

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Blue jays aren't playing any of their good players today and Price was supposed to start. I fear that they are trying to let the Royals pass them so that they could play us. I think that would be incredibly stupid on their part, you should always shoot for the best record possible so that you could keep home field advantage as long as possible. One thing to watch is the royals close the season against the Twins who will be trying desperately to win every game. I want a Royals vs rangers round one match up, anything else is a disappointment.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Blue jays aren't playing any of their good players today and Price was supposed to start. I fear that they are trying to let the Royals pass them so that they could play us. I think that would be incredibly stupid on their part, you should always shoot for the best record possible so that you could keep home field advantage as long as possible. One thing to watch is the royals close the season against the Twins who will be trying desperately to win every game. I want a Royals vs rangers round one match up, anything else is a disappointment.

Sometimes your clock just doesn't tic toc. How can the Rangers in a play off be a disappointment? I don't care who they play as long as they win.:comeatmebro:

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sometimes your clock just doesn't tic toc. How can the Rangers in a play off be a disappointment? I don't care who they play as long as they win.:comeatmebro:

Blue jays would be a terrible first round opponent for the Rangers.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would rather face them in a 5 game series than 7. And if they want to win the AL they will probably have to play them.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How this team has won 86 games is beyond me...but I pray they can find a way to win two more.

I was hoping for 80 by some stroke of luck, and they have delivered more so far. Two more would be outstanding!

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have to play them sometime. If you're are a WS team contender you take em' as they come.

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To get to where we want to go we have to be able to beat the Blue Jays though.

I am hoping that by this time next year everyone is afraid to face us in the postseason.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So new thread title...Fake blonde and fake boob town visit football town? haha

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We played them in Aug and won one of three. Lost one game by one run and that was before we started getting starters back and bull pen help.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How this team has won 86 games is beyond me...but I pray they can find a way to win two more.
Exactly.

A lot of things have contributed to the surprising success I think. I was sitting here trying to come up with 3 or 4 things, but narrowing it down is tough. I think the best surprise to me has been how much Mitch Moreland has contributed over the course of the season. There have been guys who have put together better halves than Mitch has and certainly guys who have put together better extended streaks than Mitch has, but overall he has been a year long steady surprise.

I would probably put Prince's hot streaks as the #2 reason this team is better than what I thought. Not only those streaks, but his ability to become a hitter to all fields when his power numbers didn't show up early on and his willingness to DH are big factors in this team's success I think.

There are many other obvious guys to list next like Choo, Hamels, Beltre, DD, and even guys like Napoli. The bullpen deserves a lot of credit also. Jon Daniels contributions are hard to ignore as well.

Then there are some guys who might be overlooked. Chirinos and Giminez belong in this category I think. Also on that list is Banister himself. Last but not least I think we should be thankful for the extended success we got from Nick Martinez and Chi Chi. Their success was mainly several weeks and even months ago, but without both of those guys we would be worse off.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does he have an average to above average arm? If it's above average, is it in the category of Martins'?
You know, I don't believe I have heard much about his arm.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know, I don't believe I have heard much about his arm.

First, thank you for replying to a "baseball question." I have no idea either. Maybe someone else - Justin keeps up very well with our system - to the question.

Second, the only reason I ask is, if he's a true CF with a very good arm (doesn't have to be Martin-ish), wouldn't that make a wonderful OF to have him in center, DeShields in LF and Choo - yes that Shin-Soo Choo - in RF?

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly.

A lot of things have contributed to the surprising success I think. I was sitting here trying to come up with 3 or 4 things, but narrowing it down is tough. I think the best surprise to me has been how much Mitch Moreland has contributed over the course of the season. There have been guys who have put together better halves than Mitch has and certainly guys who have put together better extended streaks than Mitch has, but overall he has been a year long steady surprise.

I would probably put Prince's hot streaks as the #2 reason this team is better than what I thought. Not only those streaks, but his ability to become a hitter to all fields when his power numbers didn't show up early on and his willingness to DH are big factors in this team's success I think.

There are many other obvious guys to list next like Choo, Hamels, Beltre, DD, and even guys like Napoli. The bullpen deserves a lot of credit also. Jon Daniels contributions are hard to ignore as well.

Then there are some guys who might be overlooked. Chirinos and Giminez belong in this category I think. Also on that list is Banister himself. Last but not least I think we should be thankful for the extended success we got from Nick Martinez and Chi Chi. Their success was mainly several weeks and even months ago, but without both of those guys we would be worse off.

April was so so so so bad, that every thing since then has been fun. The up and down in July was not that fun, but they've played such good baseball since August started that I forget Wandy and Detwiler ever pitched for the team.