• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Hockey town vists Football town for baseball?

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tigers bring their mediocre 2015 brand of baseball to Texas to hopefully lay down liked the tamed kitties they are. Kinsler will probably be here, and we can all laugh at him for his comments last year, and also because Roogie is amazing and we love him.

Oh yeah unless you've been living under a rock the last two months there is also this division thingy on the line...

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's sweep these fuckers and wrap this thing up.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I posted this earlier on the old thread, and honestly, it's as good if not better option than anything else we've got available isn't it? It's not like we have an "over-abundance" of options out there.

I still have some hope for Ryan Rua out there, but all that's about 2016.
I made the same type comment about LF on the earlier thread as well in regards to the fact we have very few options and for some reason Rua is no longer one of them.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's sweep these fuckers and wrap this thing up.
I like our pitching match ups in this series and also in the next. I do not see Richards as a starter in that series. I also liked what I saw from Perez yesterday. If Holland can get things back in order then we would be very well off. I a counting on Colby getting us off on the right foot against the Tigers best pitcher right now in Verlander.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DT is just gonna love seeing this isn't he?
NO! The last option in the world would not be JH. It is very difficult to understand why Rua can not play LF. At least his abilities, whatever they are, would be 100%. He also gets his share of offense at least as much JH. I'm sure when he steps in the box his intentions are to think about his responsibility for that moment. No telling what JH is thinking. Rua has a future and wants to achieve at his best level while JH has already had his time and is hanging on to save his legacy. I firmly believe he has no concern for anyone other than himself. Who would you rather have in your foxhole? Now he may drive in a run or help in some way but that will not change the fact he is not the man to be in left field. I have my opinion and you have heard it. Now unload if you choose but it will not change my mind.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like our pitching match ups in this series and also in the next. I do not see Richards as a starter in that series. I also liked what I saw from Perez yesterday. If Holland can get things back in order then we would be very well off. I a counting on Colby getting us off on the right foot against the Tigers best pitcher right now in Verlander.

If the Angels have something to play for, we will see Richards.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NO! The last option in the world would not be JH. It is very difficult to understand why Rua can not play LF. At least his abilities, whatever they are, would be 100%. He also gets his share of offense at least as much JH. I'm sure when he steps in the box his intentions are to think about his responsibility for that moment. No telling what JH is thinking. Rua has a future and wants to achieve at his best level while JH has already had his time and is hanging on to save his legacy. I firmly believe he has no concern for anyone other than himself. Who would you rather have in your foxhole? Now he may drive in a run or help in some way but that will not change the fact he is not the man to be in left field. I have my opinion and you have heard it. Now unload if you choose but it will not change my mind.

DT......did you remember to take your blood-pressure medication?

(1) Rua can play LF. However, he can't hit AAA pitching right now, and therefore I must respectfully disagree with "his share of offense." But you're right - at least I hope so - in that he does have a future. Hopefully with the Texas Rangers.
(2) I'm sorry, but Josh Hamilton's legacy is every bit as much "bad-Bio" as good isn't it? Sure, he lead us to a WS and won a much deserved MVP. And sure, he wowed the nation at the AS HR contest (believe in that same season). But the man has been/is every bit as much train wreck as not, both on and off the field, for his legacy hasn't he? What's he preserving here?
(3) I'm not unloading at all. I just think you're "disdain" for Josh is so pronounced, you're potentially throwing out the baby with the bathwater.

DT......I am your poster friend.....keep this in mind.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DT......did you remember to take your blood-pressure medication?

(1) Rua can play LF. However, he can't hit AAA pitching right now, and therefore I must respectfully disagree with "his share of offense." But you're right - at least I hope so - in that he does have a future. Hopefully with the Texas Rangers.
(2) I'm sorry, but Josh Hamilton's legacy is every bit as much "bad-Bio" as good isn't it? Sure, he lead us to a WS and won a much deserved MVP. And sure, he wowed the nation at the AS HR contest (believe in that same season). But the man has been/is every bit as much train wreck as not, both on and off the field, for his legacy hasn't he? What's he preserving here?
(3) I'm not unloading at all. I just think you're "disdain" for Josh is so pronounced, you're potentially throwing out the baby with the bathwater.

DT......I am your poster friend.....keep this in mind.
And JH isn't hitting either.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And JH isn't hitting either.

He hasn't been playing. Not sure how you can say that. He went 1-4 in his first start and didn't get a hit in a lone ph situation. He is hitting better than .250 on the year, has shown power, and has had a few big hits for us. Sorry DT, but you're letting your personal opinion cloud your judgement. You're wrong on this one.

jaar01

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
88-74 will win the division.

Need a 4-3 week.

Let's get it done Rangers!

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Angels have something to play for, we will see Richards.
The Angels did that a few years ago and it backfired big time on them if I remember. I say go ahead and bring him in a day early.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is nice to have some tension in the air. Last year we were just passing time. I am also glad that we have been playing much better at home.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is nice to have some tension in the air. Last year we were just passing time. I am also glad that we have been playing much better at home.

Gonna be a rough week for me.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Angels did that a few years ago and it backfired big time on them if I remember. I say go ahead and bring him in a day early.

They did that with weaver and he got smashed. I'm hoping for a Rangers sweep and maybe they'll have it iced before the Angels even come to town.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am also glad that we have been playing much better at home.

Frankly, if we weren't playing better at home we wouldn't be close to sniffing the Post Season.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gonna be a rough week for me.

Naw......just have your wife hide all the breakables, drive you wherever you need to go, and call in sick to work as much as necessary.

For me, I'm gonna feel A WHOLE LOT BETTER if we come out and beat Verlander tonight.