• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Hockey Tonight!!

DeathByEmu

Large Flightless Bird
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I don't see where on the roster vitale fits in.

Supposedly he and Park are up for the same spot.

This is a joke, the game tonight. No one is televising it? Just terrible. KC trying to show they want to be an NHL market, not a good way to do it.
Wonder how Shannaham will make a YouTube of any infractions without video??? :hockeysmile:

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see where on the roster vitale fits in.

With Crosby and Jeffrey not close to coming back they need a 4th center. So I can see either Park or Vitale getting that nod. Since Tangradi is on the two-way deal also he will start in WBS. The other 11 forwards are set.

Malkin, Staal, Kunitz, Neal, Dupuis, Cooke, Kennedy, Letestu, Sullivan, Asham and Adams.

We know the Defense was set from last year.

element1286

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd rather have Vitale than Park, the team is plenty experienced, they can pick up a guy like Park at any time during the season if need be for some veteranosity.

Defensively, I thought Picarde had a shot at making the team, especially for his powerplay ability.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd rather have Vitale than Park, the team is plenty experienced, they can pick up a guy like Park at any time during the season if need be for some veteranosity.

Defensively, I thought Picarde had a shot at making the team, especially for his powerplay ability.

Totally agree about Park.

Honestly I forgot about Picard and he probably will make the team if Orpik starts on the IR.

DeathByEmu

Large Flightless Bird
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Morrow made the cut today, as well. He just may get the 9-game tryout. Nisky made life rough for the others in the hunt with the SO goal last night, Engo finally hit paydirt with one of his new-found rushes..

For me, the bottom of the defensive squad is more fun to watch than the forwards as far as roster battles.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There still is 12 d-men in camp, we know Bortuzzo, Strait or Valabik will be sent down. If Orpik starts on the DL we know one will stay probably Picard. But there is no reason not to give Morrow the 9 games before he goes back to Juniors (ala Letang).

BigBlueNation111

Let The Games Begin!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
GO PENS!!!!!!!!!!!!
tt02.gif

element1286

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Idiotic question, but what is going on with Simon Despres? I feel like I should know this.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Idiotic question, but what is going on with Simon Despres? I feel like I should know this.

He was one of the first cuts. I was out of town but heard on a radio report when I got back it had to do with they wanted him to start his Pro Career in WBS. I guess he would get less looks in the Penguin camp vs the WBS camp?

DeathByEmu

Large Flightless Bird
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Yea he sent down early.

Nick Johnson got nabbed off of waivers today by Minnesota, also.
I kind of liked him, dammit.

DeathByEmu

Large Flightless Bird
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
There still is 12 d-men in camp, we know Bortuzzo, Strait or Valabik will be sent down. If Orpik starts on the DL we know one will stay probably Picard. But there is no reason not to give Morrow the 9 games before he goes back to Juniors (ala Letang).

Yea it's a fun scrap for those precious 5-6-7 spots. Good time to watch.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea it's a fun scrap for those precious 5-6-7 spots. Good time to watch.

It is fun. I think 5-6-7 will be the same as last season but still nice to see some guys get a look.

On a different note I was trying to track down a player and it didn't hit me until I looked at this but the last Penguin draft pick who made an impact in the NHL was Jordan Staal.
Pittsburgh Penguins Draft History at hockeydb.com
EMU...I think we discussed this before but it would be nice to see them develop a forward at some point.

Going on with the first round picks has anyone heard any updates on Bennett? I have a feeling he will go the route of Esposito, lets hope he can be moved when his value is still high.

element1286

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is fun. I think 5-6-7 will be the same as last season but still nice to see some guys get a look.

On a different note I was trying to track down a player and it didn't hit me until I looked at this but the last Penguin draft pick who made an impact in the NHL was Jordan Staal.
Pittsburgh Penguins Draft History at hockeydb.com
EMU...I think we discussed this before but it would be nice to see them develop a forward at some point.

Going on with the first round picks has anyone heard any updates on Bennett? I have a feeling he will go the route of Esposito, lets hope he can be moved when his value is still high.

Good info, didn't realize J Staal was the last pick to make an impact. RS needs to get drafting and developing. I think they are little to cautious with their young guys, overall, so that is a contributing factor.

DeathByEmu

Large Flightless Bird
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I have a feeling he will go the route of Esposito, lets hope he can be moved when his value is still high.

Haha.. Esposito. There was a fuss when we traded him, remember? Same with Whitney, same with Caputi.

Shero seems to have a set of loaded dice, he sure wins more than his share of rolls when it comes to trades. It makes the draft stat you just gave a little easier to swallow.

DeathByEmu

Large Flightless Bird
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
:LThanks also for reminding me of things I had blocked out, like Matt Moulson....

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:LThanks also for reminding me of things I had blocked out, like Matt Moulson....

Interesting thing is they never signed him. Shero asked a scout about him if they should and he said he is too slow to make it. So that's why he never was part of the organization. With him though for some reason Michel Ouellet comes to mind.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haha.. Esposito. There was a fuss when we traded him, remember? Same with Whitney, same with Caputi.

Shero seems to have a set of loaded dice, he sure wins more than his share of rolls when it comes to trades. It makes the draft stat you just gave a little easier to swallow.

Oh yeah I remember the stink losing him Armstrong and Christensen would kill their forward depth. Obviously Esposito fell the Penguins in that draft because as hindsight shows he isn't good. Then the other two were dime a dozen players who can and should be replaced. I never understood that deal why people got upset with it. If I were a GM I would make that deal 100% of the time.