• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

High Probability Josh Rosen Falls To Redskins Spot

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I must have missed something (it's happened before). Why do people think there's any realistic chance Rosen falls to 13?

Stranger things have happened on draft night. Is it realistic?? Probably not. But hey there have been mass cases of stupidity in the draft from time to time.

Darnold at 12 and Rosen still on the board at 13... Not unless a prawn tape involving the two of them surfaces Thursday at 4PM EST

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or it could be this QB class is overhyped and true professionals disagree with certain assessments.

Ruzious

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or it could be this QB class is overhyped and true professionals disagree with certain assessments.
It is not unimpossible. :plotting:

Ruzious

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unimpossible means possible.

So you are saying it is not possible.

So you are saying it is impossible?
That's certainly possible... maybe.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, back to the QB's.
I've been wanting to make this comment for a while now about this year's crop of passers. On paper the Josh's seem to be the top guys...on paper. I wouldn't draft either of them if they were available at 13. Long term, Darnold, Mayfield, and Jackson will prove much better in this league. Of those three Darnold is more NFL ready, however, there's a dynamic element that the other two gives you that he doesn't. With Mayfield, because of the way the draft is set up his future will likely come when he joins a second team ala Favre and Brees before we get to see him do his thing, NFL style. Jackson too will be dependent upon who drafts him. If he's allowed to sit and learn, when his time comes, barring health issues, he'll be the best QB of this entire class.

Definitely trade out if Rosen falls to 13. (see Josh Daniels for reasons why)

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We won’t draft Rosen , but if we did ..............

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, back to the QB's.
I've been wanting to make this comment for a while now about this year's crop of passers. On paper the Josh's seem to be the top guys...on paper. I wouldn't draft either of them if they were available at 13. Long term, Darnold, Mayfield, and Jackson will prove much better in this league. Of those three Darnold is more NFL ready, however, there's a dynamic element that the other two gives you that he doesn't. With Mayfield, because of the way the draft is set up his future will likely come when he joins a second team ala Favre and Brees before we get to see him do his thing, NFL style. Jackson too will be dependent upon who drafts him. If he's allowed to sit and learn, when his time comes, barring health issues, he'll be the best QB of this entire class.

Definitely trade out if Rosen falls to 13. (see Josh Daniels for reasons why)

I go

1. Rosen (sprint to take him at 13)
2. Mayfield (take him at 13)
3. Jackson (look to trade down)
4. Darnold (look to trade down)
5. Allen (look to trade down)

Skins2021

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I go

I agree 100% though I would look a little different

1) Rosen (take him @ 13)
2) Mayfield (take him @ 13)
3) Allen (look to trade down)
4) Darnold (look to trade down)
5) Jackson (look to trade down)

Darnold has small hands so he is susceptible to fumble... HOWEVER Alex Smith has really small hands as well and that was the biggest knock on him and from what I have seen I dont believe he has a ball security issue like Darnold had at USC

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree 100% though I would look a little different

1) Rosen (take him @ 13)
2) Mayfield (take him @ 13)
3) Allen (look to trade down)
4) Darnold (look to trade down)
5) Jackson (look to trade down)

Darnold has small hands so he is susceptible to fumble... HOWEVER Alex Smith has really small hands as well and that was the biggest knock on him and from what I have seen I dont believe he has a ball security issue like Darnold had at USC

I go

Disagree, if Rosen or Allen are there, these are the trade down moves.
if Mayfield, Darnold, or Jackson is there, take any of them but first, listen intently to trade offers.

Not to be totally disagreeable, but what are you guys seeing in the Josh boys? Traditional, cut from the mold types?

Skins2021

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if Mayfield, Darnold, or Jackson is there, take any of them but first, listen intently to trade offers.

Not to be totally disagreeable, but what are you guys seeing in the Josh boys? Traditional, cut from the mold types?

Dont get me wrong I am not a big Josh Allen fan I just like him as a prospect more then Darnold (small hands, USC QB, TO prone) and Jackson (poor wonderlic, slight frame, running qb)

Josh Rosen is my top prospect followed by Mayfield followed by a fairly decent drop off. Josh Rosen play reminds me of Matt Ryan. I just do not see too much bust potential there. Mayfield on the other hand reminds me of Brees with a bit more bust potential.

Rosen has all the tools. Brains, arm strength, toughness, accuracy

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

In josh allen? Super high upside. Ideal size, good athlete and insane arm strength. But... he's bad at all the important parts of playing QB. Accuracy, anticipation, reading defenses, decision making are all bad to sub par. He's a project with high upside and a low chance of hitting. If i needed a QB id consider him in the late first after all the premium talents are gone but not before that.

Rosen has all the tools you need, is smart, accurate, throws with anticipation. The main knocks on him seem to be injury concerns (who cares) and vague unsubstantiated character concerns mostly because people don't like how unspoken he is. I think his outspoken nature is a positive personally and think he should be the #1 overall pick.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dont get me wrong I am not a big Josh Allen fan I just like him as a prospect more then Darnold (small hands, USC QB, TO prone) and Jackson (poor wonderlic, slight frame, running qb)

Josh Rosen is my top prospect followed by Mayfield followed by a fairly decent drop off. Josh Rosen play reminds me of Matt Ryan. I just do not see too much bust potential there. Mayfield on the other hand reminds me of Brees with a bit more bust potential.

Rosen has all the tools. Brains, arm strength, toughness, accuracy

Fair enough, but just note that there's nothing in the wonderlic that indicates whether or not someone will become a good football player, I'll take another look at Rosen to be fair, but right now we'll just have to agree to disagree on him. BTW: Jackson is NOT a "running" QB. He's a QB that can run, big difference.

Last edited:

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In josh allen? Super high upside. Ideal size, good athlete and insane arm strength. But... he's bad at all the important parts of playing QB. Accuracy, anticipation, reading defenses, decision making are all bad to sub par. He's a project with high upside and a low chance of hitting. If i needed a QB id consider him in the late first after all the premium talents are gone but not before that.

Rosen has all the tools you need, is smart, accurate, throws with anticipation. The main knocks on him seem to be injury concerns (who cares) and vague unsubstantiated character concerns mostly because people don't like how unspoken he is. I think his outspoken nature is a positive personally and think he should be the #1 overall pick.

Fair enough, I see Rosen as the next to last guy that I would take just above Allen. To me it looks like neither will amount to much as Starters, but you know what they say, different strokes for different folks. Oh well!!

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You didn't ask about them specifically but..

Darnold worries me with his decision making picks and fumbles too. I think there's a lot to like and he's still super young but hes more jameis winston than aaron Rodgers.

Jackson i think is allen but better. Super high upsidewith the physical tools. Great athlete crazy strong arm. Has accuracy issues too which are a concern but he's a better pocket qb, decision maker, and anticipation thrower than allen. And he is more accurate too. Allen just looks more like a traditional QB but that seems like a poor way to evaluate QBs.

Mayfield ive started to really like. Like the swagger and teammates seem to love him. Seems like a hard worker. Statistically hes by far the best prospect which should count for something. He's got enough arm strength and is accurate. Big knocks are his offense and his height. Put him with a smart OC though and i think he'll thrive.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All 5 have franchise qb upside though. I don't get people who think this is a bad QB class.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fair enough, I see Rosen as the next to last guy that I would take just above Allen. To me it looks like neither will amount to much as Starters, but you know what they say, different strokes for different folks. Oh well!!

What dont you like about Rosen?

Skins2021

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Jacksons frame scares me and the wonderlic does scare me as well Im not going to lie....

also wasnt crazy about the offense Jackson played in (then again Mayfield did not play in a traditional pro style offense either)

Josh Rosen did though.

Skins2021

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On the flip side I'm hugggge on college production.

I absolutely hate when people over think the draft. You will never see the Patriots or even the Giants overthink their draft selections.

They put more weight into college production as opposed to "potential" and "what ifs"

College production should be weighed more heavily then it is IMO.