• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Heat Cavs discussing swapping Whiteside for Thompson lol

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you dont even know what the discussion is!! lol, what is the discussion? please enlighten.

I do what the discussion is.

The fact that you need to deflect, change the subject and ignore facts just shows that it's time for you to admit you were wrong and stfu.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As usual, this has nothing to do with the discussion.

How about you quit deflecting, changing the subject, ignoring facts and just admit you were wrong and stfu.
basically you morons are saying you think the Cavs did the same thing as the Heat did because they resigned Kevin Love- when that - in the grand scheme of things is just a miniscule piece of the picture.

The Cavs didnt trade all their assets for win now pieces after LeBron left. Riley and his wittle bruised ego tried to stay competitive- and he didnt- why? Because Bosh got sick (and was on the wrong side of 30 anyway) and Wade was on the path towards crashing and burning, they had very little to no draft capital and very little to no cap space.

The Cavs on the other hand- ACTUALLY had a few decent good oyung players and some very VALUABLE draft capital--- as opposed to the Heat who had basically NO good oyung players- and then spent a huge portion of their limiteed draft capital on Dragic,.

as i said- if the Cavs end up spending a ton of cap space and trading away a ton of draft picks to the point where they have the least draft capital in the entire NBA and tie up their cap space in mediocre players for years to come- then PLEASE come and find me and i wil ltell ya- YUP they did the same thing.

but trying to conflate the Cavs signing resigning Kevin Love as doing the same thing in the Heat is like trying to say someone ordered a steak, baked potato, french fries --- and someone else ordered a salad and calling them the smae thing because the baked potato had some parsley on it and calling them both Vegetarian meals.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The fact that you need to deflect, change the subject and ignore facts just shows that it's time for you to admit you were wrong and stfu.
nice try Rudy G. lol

seriously i really think you dont know what you are even arguing at this point.

I have argued the same thing from the VERy beginning.

The Heat should have blown it up after LeBron left--- instead they doubled down, sent out tons of picks, and choked out their cap space for a mediocre team. This is not deniable. This is WHAT ACTUALLY HAPPENED.

to try and say the Cavs have done the same thing less than 2 months after LeBron left is sooooooooo fucking stupid its actually kind of funny.

the situations are not even comparable.

The Cavs resign Love- but also had a TOP 10 pick in a loaded draft. Also have Love, also have Hood, also have Osman, also have Nance. Who did the Heat have? A Dwade that was CLEARLY passed his prime (taht much ANYONE who watched the Spurs series could PLAINLY see), a Chris Bosh on the wrong side of 30, and pretty much not a whole helluva lot else.

And I mean- ESPECIALLY oncei t became clear that Bosh was done for and Wade was a shell of himself--- to block up all your cap space on guys like Waiters, Johnson, Johnson and Onlyk? THINK ABOUT THAT- thats 4 mediocre players--- that they are paying amost 60M for this year!!!!!!!

OVER HALF YOUR CAP- and I KNOW those guys were signed well after Bosh was long gone and Wade was a shell of his prime-self.

so as i said--- if 4 years from now the Cavs have no cap space, no draft picks, no great young players to build around besides a disapointing Winslow, Josh Richardson, and a glorfieid garbage man like Bam---- THEN tell me taht the Cavs did the same thing. Tell me the Cavs did the same thing when they trade 2 lightly protected draft picks for a guy like Goran Dragic in order to win a few more games.

its 4 years since LeBron left Miami.

someone tell me they think the Heat palyed it right so i can laugh at them. They just got THRASHED in the playoffs and had no cap space and draft picks.

If 4 years from now the Cavs have no home court in the playoffs, and have no draft picks, no cap space, and no clear cut young stud player- come and find me--- ill be the one with a sign that says SELL THE TEAM Gilbert- because he will deserve it - just like Arison does right now.

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Clearly this is NOT a case of 3rd times a charm

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now this is funny coming from a Minnesota fan.

i'm not a minny fan.

I'm just stating the truth.

You beat CLE in 2016, KD isn't going there.

That's been talked about before already. It's not news.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i'm not a minny fan.

I thought this was known?

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i'm not a minny fan.

Agreed, it's not news. Plenty of Dubs fans have already stated it...which is why it's funny that it's being restated 2 years, working on 3 later.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it absolutely does- LeBron LEFT Wade and Bosh in large part because he just watched wade shit all over himself against the Spurs and Wade was taking off "maintenance days" all over the place while LeBron was playing----- and then LeBron sees a 22 year old Kyrie and the ability to get a 26 year old Kevin Love.

ya think if Wade was 25 years old and had just DOMINATED the Spurs in the Finals instead of being over 30 and playing terrible there would have been a difference/ UHHH YAH

Wade had declined for sure.

But, Miami with Bosh still probably would have given LeBron 4 straight Finals appearances and possibly a title had LeBron stayed.

Yes, I would take 2016 Kyrie over 2016 Wade by a wide margin, but Bosh was similarly better than Love before the clots.

LEbron didn't just leave Miami for Cleveland because he thought it was better for short term wins. He left because it was time to fulfill his promise to the city of Cleveland and the Cavs had enough talent to make it work. They were not LeBon's best option though.

In fact, his move to LA is kind of similar the Cleveland move. LA is just 1 year behind where Cleveland was in the rebuilding process.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
basically you morons are saying you think the Cavs did the same thing as the Heat did because they resigned Kevin Love- when that - in the grand scheme of things is just a miniscule piece of the picture.

The Cavs didnt trade all their assets for win now pieces after LeBron left. Riley and his wittle bruised ego tried to stay competitive- and he didnt- why? Because Bosh got sick (and was on the wrong side of 30 anyway) and Wade was on the path towards crashing and burning, they had very little to no draft capital and very little to no cap space.

The Cavs on the other hand- ACTUALLY had a few decent good oyung players and some very VALUABLE draft capital--- as opposed to the Heat who had basically NO good oyung players- and then spent a huge portion of their limiteed draft capital on Dragic,.

as i said- if the Cavs end up spending a ton of cap space and trading away a ton of draft picks to the point where they have the least draft capital in the entire NBA and tie up their cap space in mediocre players for years to come- then PLEASE come and find me and i wil ltell ya- YUP they did the same thing.

but trying to conflate the Cavs signing resigning Kevin Love as doing the same thing in the Heat is like trying to say someone ordered a steak, baked potato, french fries --- and someone else ordered a salad and calling them the smae thing because the baked potato had some parsley on it and calling them both Vegetarian meals.

Translation for those who don't feel like reading:

No matter what Cleveland does it will he brilliant.

No matter what Miami does it will be stupid.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
nice try Rudy G. lol

seriously i really think you dont know what you are even arguing at this point.

I have argued the same thing from the VERy beginning.

The Heat should have blown it up after LeBron left--- instead they doubled down, sent out tons of picks, and choked out their cap space for a mediocre team. This is not deniable. This is WHAT ACTUALLY HAPPENED.

to try and say the Cavs have done the same thing less than 2 months after LeBron left is sooooooooo fucking stupid its actually kind of funny.

the situations are not even comparable.

The Cavs resign Love- but also had a TOP 10 pick in a loaded draft. Also have Love, also have Hood, also have Osman, also have Nance. Who did the Heat have? A Dwade that was CLEARLY passed his prime (taht much ANYONE who watched the Spurs series could PLAINLY see), a Chris Bosh on the wrong side of 30, and pretty much not a whole helluva lot else.

And I mean- ESPECIALLY oncei t became clear that Bosh was done for and Wade was a shell of himself--- to block up all your cap space on guys like Waiters, Johnson, Johnson and Onlyk? THINK ABOUT THAT- thats 4 mediocre players--- that they are paying amost 60M for this year!!!!!!!

OVER HALF YOUR CAP- and I KNOW those guys were signed well after Bosh was long gone and Wade was a shell of his prime-self.

so as i said--- if 4 years from now the Cavs have no cap space, no draft picks, no great young players to build around besides a disapointing Winslow, Josh Richardson, and a glorfieid garbage man like Bam---- THEN tell me taht the Cavs did the same thing. Tell me the Cavs did the same thing when they trade 2 lightly protected draft picks for a guy like Goran Dragic in order to win a few more games.

its 4 years since LeBron left Miami.

someone tell me they think the Heat palyed it right so i can laugh at them. They just got THRASHED in the playoffs and had no cap space and draft picks.

If 4 years from now the Cavs have no home court in the playoffs, and have no draft picks, no cap space, and no clear cut young stud player- come and find me--- ill be the one with a sign that says SELL THE TEAM Gilbert- because he will deserve it - just like Arison does right now.

A. Not reading all of that bullshit.

B. I know exactly what the disussion is about. What it's NOT about is the bullshit you've tried to turn it into with your deflecting, changing the subject and ignoring facts.

C. It's time for you to admit you're wrong and stfu.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Easy. When Lebron left Miami, they still had 2 all star caliber players in Bosh and Wade. Because of that, they were still in position to compete for the Eastern Conference.

Unfortunately for them, no one could predict that Bosh would have the clotting issues that he had and that dragged on for what? 2 more years?

Meanwhile, when Lebron left Cleveland each time, the cupboard was pretty bare. It's a lot easier to commit to just tanking and trying your luck in the lottery under those circumstances than it is with what the Heat had left.

But apparently trading for good PG in Dragic to couple with Wade and Bosh at the time was a bad move. This is fooking hilarious.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

All this rambling, and you literally back tracked just a few days ago on our bet where you said that the Cavs WOULDN'T have a better record than the Heat this year. You're a fucking pussy.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Translation for those who don't feel like reading:

No matter what Cleveland does it will he brilliant.

No matter what Miami does it will be stupid.

That's what it always comes down to. The goalposts keep moving with him. He's this forum's Skip Bayless.