• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Head Coach Search.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1.Payton - guy is terrible at hiring D coordinators. - pass
2. I want someone young and hungry who can earn the respect of his players.
3.I want the type of guy Reid was coming in but minus Reids stubborness to change certain philosophies.

Gase, Jackson, McDermott would be my 1st 3 choices in that order with Tom Couglin thrown in as a wildcard for good measure.

:agree:

Screamin Eagle

Stand for the Flag, Kneel for the Cross
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After some thought I would consider my top choices to be McDermot, Jackson or Shurmur.
McDermot for his defensive prowess and his experience. Jackson because I think he just might bring the best total package. Shurmur because he knows this team and Bradford plus he has many years of NFL experience.
One other candidate that I might embrace is Shaw of Stanford but after Kelly I have concerns about college coaches.
I would be good with Harbaugh but Baltimore isn't going to let him loose.
I do NOT want Cowher, Gruden or Payton. Gase is the high profile guy and that is why I'm not sold on him.

northeastphillyguy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After some thought I would consider my top choices to be McDermot, Jackson or Shurmur.
McDermot for his defensive prowess and his experience. Jackson because I think he just might bring the best total package. Shurmur because he knows this team and Bradford plus he has many years of NFL experience.
One other candidate that I might embrace is Shaw of Stanford but after Kelly I have concerns about college coaches.
I would be good with Harbaugh but Baltimore isn't going to let him loose.
I do NOT want Cowher, Gruden or Payton. Gase is the high profile guy and that is why I'm not sold on him.
I like your choices. Plus those you don't want, Cowher, Gruden, and Payton are the same coaches I think we should stay away from. We think alike on this issue!

L.Freamon

Formerly FWFW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After a week, I'm formulating my "oh hell no" list:

Sean McDermott
Adam Gase
Doug Pederson

All3 fellas need to show me a whole helluva lot more. Gase only has 3 seasons as an OC and 1 other season as a position coach. I'm not seeing how he improved Chicago (Offense in the bottom 1/3rd, only 6 wins) or Jay Cutler (Similar stats as last year). If he had some extensive NFL playing experience or something maybe i'd be more receptive, but he seems like a flash in the pan. Let him cut his teeth with somebody else.

McD failed to get an endorsement from Trotter and Dawkins and i don't know if he's really the DC. Rivera was one of the best DC's when he got hired. I'm sure McD learned a lot but i'm not ready for him to coach MY team.

Pederson had a crap O last year and for over 1/4th of the season this year. They went over a year with out a WR TD. Been there, done that, don't want to do it again. His team is in the bottom 5 in yards but top 10 in points. Are they "efficient?" Maybe, but their D was top 10 in turnovers, so they may have had a lot of short fields. Sorry. Not hiring a coach off a 10 game stretch.

That said, the Eagles the last 2 times grabbed a guy i wasn't thrilled about, for what its worth. So one of these jokers is probably going to be our coach.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe Matt Patricia. Been learning from the best for a long time.

Wings

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would bring in Tom Coughlin in a heartbeat! The mans players absolutely love him. He commands respect, ya know the man can coach, and ya know he has won multiple Super bowls. Perhaps he needed a change, just like Andy did. I'd welcome Coughlin here, I like the guy. Plus, I know what I'm getting with this guy, and perhaps he can groom Duce to take over when he is ready to retire.

L.Freamon

Formerly FWFW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A slight caution with caughlin...i always felt like his NY teams underachieved (Giants fans apparently don't feel that way). 5 playoff trips in 12 years is kinda meh.

But i would take 5 trips in 12 years if it = 2 SBs! if he wants it, why not?

SixthStreet

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we are going retread, Coughlin is definitely a good option, second to Peyton.

I miss Dawkins

Philadelphia Ducks
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
id take Shanahan over Coughlin without a second thought.

I want "NOTHING" to do with Duce Staley as a HC. OMG! He wasn't that great of a RB, comes in and I don't see a lot that he has done as a position coach - so hell, lets make him the HC! REALLY???? By this measure, we should bring Westbrook in as the HC, he has over achieved Duce in every way each time.

Re McDermott - Yea, I've officially put him on my "NO WAY" list as well. Probably means, he is the one.

Matt Patricia... I have to admit, I keep coming back around to this name lately as well.

WIZ

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shanahan is terrible. End of story. Gruden would be the only retread I'm bringing in. The rest of the coordinator's are a crapshoot as no one knows how they'll make the leap to a head gig. It's just a blind guess with them.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I want "NOTHING" to do with Duce Staley as a HC. OMG! He wasn't that great of a RB, comes in and I don't see a lot that he has done as a position coach - so hell, lets make him the HC! REALLY???? By this measure, we should bring Westbrook in as the HC, he has over achieved Duce in every way each time.

Re McDermott - Yea, I've officially put him on my "NO WAY" list as well. Probably means, he is the one.

Matt Patricia... I have to admit, I keep coming back around to this name lately as well.

Sorry Bud, but NO WAY for Shanahan, AFAIC.

I would rather have Duce than him, any day, although that is not going to happen either. And, Duce is one of the best RBs we ever had, behind Van Buren, Westbrook, McCoy, and Wilbert.

I'll gladly take McDermott over Patricia, but would like Gase or Hue before him as well.

But, your opinion is what it is.

Northern Eagle

Hangin' With The Homeboys
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Shanahan?!?!? Really? Gimme a break.

I like Duce a lot, but I don't think he's ready yet. Patricia strikes me as the defensive version of McDaniels, and still on the fence about McDermott. I don't understand what all the fuss is about Adam Gase either; not really all that impressed with him.

Now that Coughlin is available, I would think hard about him - after watching his press conference yesterday, I knew that he has a certain disciplinary reputation (well documented) but to see and hear the reactions from his current and former players, wow! All that shit that Lurie said about what he wants in his future coach, Coughlin fits the bill. I think Lurie would be stupid to at least not give him an interview just out of curiosity.

I also believe a big reason why NY underachieved a lot of years under his leadership is because it's New York; players get caught up in the drama of playing in that market.

Iron Eagle

Nostril flare expert.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
.....yall want to bring in the one coach we beat on a consistent basis?

....right.

northeastphillyguy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't get the Gase love. With coordinators you never know, but is he just another Mike McCoy in the making?
Gase shows me very little. his offenses do not score enough points. I find it interesting that the Eagles have not asked to talk to Hue Jackson yet. What are they waiting for?

Northern Eagle

Hangin' With The Homeboys
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gase shows me very little. his offenses do not score enough points. I find it interesting that the Eagles have not asked to talk to Hue Jackson yet. What are they waiting for?

I hope it's only because the Bengals are playing this week and can't technically talk to him yet. They were pretty diligent in their last search; I don't see why they wouldn't interview him when the time is right.

WIZ

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who we hire probably doesn't matter as much as who they hire. I'm pretty sure Lurie at this point is looking for the guy that's closest to his Reid interview.