• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Head Coach Search.

SoShady

QB Factory
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doesn't hurt that he has one of the best shutdown corners in the league. With a future hall of fame MLB in the middle of the defense. I don't get the interest in McDermott honestly. But all the names so far have been less than exciting to say the least. Really hope one of Payton or Harbaugh shakes loose. Otherwise I can't see myself being excited about our new hire.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know this is not going to be popular... but I honestly wouldn't mind Mike Shanahan.. who looks like he is throwing his hat back in the ring.. going for a 2nd interview with MIA. That should take Gase out of contention for MIA possibly (which is still good for us). M. Shanahan is still a brilliant football mind, great with quarterbacks, which Lurie is looking for. Yes he is old, and would only be for so long - but I still believe in him.

And there is no coach that I'm giving compensation up for - other than belichick.

I have a feeling Mike Shanahan ends up with the Dolphins - he wanted Ryan Tannehill over RG3 in the draft and they are probably looking for a stable veteran coach after some of the ones that have been over their head

I wouldn't mind Hue Jackson but if they do that then they need to find a new DC because the experiment needs to end - defensive line is getting their talent wasted and misused

DutchBird

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dawkins was on with Mikey Miss and he absolutely made me tap the brakes on McDermott. He didn't trash him, but all he could say was "I dont know how he is now; I don't know if he can command a room when everyone's quiet and take charge. I don't know if he can adapt to all the day to day operations of a HC."

He also said McDermott obviously had big shoes to fill in Philly, but Andy helped McDermott a ALOT--perhaps to his detriment and that McDermott perhaps wasn't "allowed" to show his full capabilites as a DC because Andy was so involved. (I also recall when he was fired, that players didn't understand what McDermott was asking them to do).

My buddy in Charlotte said he wasn't sure how much DC'in McDermott actually does under Rivera. He might have been a figure-head DC to Rivera like Shurmur was an OC to Chip Kelly.

Yesterday, in the pre-game show, Trotter just blasted McDermott for his first tenure here in response to the statement that McDermott fell prey to the post-Jimmy Johnson syndrome. McDermott basically sounded like a mini-Chip: claimed to know it all, changed everything, and quickly lost all respect from the players.

L.Freamon

Formerly FWFW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yesterday, in the pre-game show, Trotter just blasted McDermott for his first tenure here in response to the statement that McDermott fell prey to the post-Jimmy Johnson syndrome. McDermott basically sounded like a mini-Chip: claimed to know it all, changed everything, and quickly lost all respect from the players.

Wow.

I'm out!

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Add Dirk Koetter (Tampa) to the list. A frequent candidate, but never a HC.

northeastphillyguy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heard the Saints will take a 2nd round pick for Payton. But I would prefer the Eagles hire someone else.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We don't have a 2nd round pick

iceman42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gase and Jackson seem to be the 2 top guys on my radar, Gase being younger with no HC experience and Jackson having a little HC experience. Both seem more to mold scheme to fit personnel vs what we just saw. Gase is probably the sexy pick since he's the hot OC who has helped Cutler find his game, and help Manning transition in Denver -- also helping make Tebow look like an NFL QB for 1/2 a season. But Jackson given the reins in Oakland with the shit show that went on there that year and crap talent he had to work with there (although partially to blame) .. he still did something rare in Oakland .. they were won ... well okay broke even.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heard the Saints will take a 2nd round pick for Payton. But I would prefer the Eagles hire someone else.

Heard that they will take a 4th round pick. they want to dump his salary. I still want GASE; HUE; OR MC DERMOTT.

SixthStreet

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This Peyton stuff is going down like what happened with Desean here. The Saints look to be finished with him but are stringing it out to see if someone bites. Ultimately I think they will just release him.

If I was him though, I'm trying to get the Colts job.

SoShady

QB Factory
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pagano is back with Indy with a new deal. Have the Ravens decided what they are doing with Harbaugh yet? I would rather have Harbaugh than Peyton. But both are at the top of pipe dream lists.

brandonk989

Hoopla Cash
$ 965.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pagano is back with Indy with a new deal. Have the Ravens decided what they are doing with Harbaugh yet? I would rather have Harbaugh than Peyton. But both are at the top of pipe dream lists.

Harbaugh isn't going anywhere. He has no desire to leave and the front office and ownership love him.

Northern Eagle

Hangin' With The Homeboys
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Payton is my top choice. We may not have a 2nd, but maybe one of our 3rd rounders and a late conditional pick next year would get it done? I would love Harbaugh but there are no indicators that Baltimore will release him, maybe just wishful thinking on Lurie's part.

I'm on the fence about McDermott - he's saying all the right things but my fear is that he will bomb in his first attempt as a HC, much like he did his first time as a DC and had to cut his teeth somewhere else. I would look at Hue Jackson harder than I would McDermott at this point.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Payton is my top choice. We may not have a 2nd, but maybe one of our 3rd rounders and a late conditional pick next year would get it done? I would love Harbaugh but there are no indicators that Baltimore will release him, maybe just wishful thinking on Lurie's part.

I'm on the fence about McDermott - he's saying all the right things but my fear is that he will bomb in his first attempt as a HC, much like he did his first time as a DC and had to cut his teeth somewhere else. I would look at Hue Jackson harder than I would McDermott at this point.

:agree:

northeastphillyguy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This Peyton stuff is going down like what happened with Desean here. The Saints look to be finished with him but are stringing it out to see if someone bites. Ultimately I think they will just release him.

If I was him though, I'm trying to get the Colts job.
The Colts have decided to keep their coach.

DutchBird

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow.

I'm out!

Maybe McDermott has actually learned from his failure... though I thought Dawkins' statements about McDermott on 97.5 yesterday fell far short from a full unconditional endorsement.

For all we know McDermott's behaviour was in some ways a direct consequence of him having to follow in JJ's footsteps. I have seen it happening elsewhere, where if an assistant (rather suddenly) takes over for a legend that ended his tenure still at a high performance level (which happened with JJ when he died) starts doing stupid stuff, simply because of the pressure of being the successor to such an individual.

Northern Eagle

Hangin' With The Homeboys
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Payton would want full control. We just got out of that situation. No sense to do it again at the tune of 8 million
per year.

I would give it to him, he's proven himself and has something even Reid couldn't get us, God love him... Money shouldn't be an issue if Lurie is willing to pay to get his guy.

My concern is if Payton would even want to come here, knowing he has to deal with a derp like Howie.

Greenbird

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1.Payton - guy is terrible at hiring D coordinators. - pass
2. I want someone young and hungry who can earn the respect of his players.
3.I want the type of guy Reid was coming in but minus Reids stubborness to change certain philosophies.

Gase, Jackson, McDermott would be my 1st 3 choices in that order with Tom Couglin thrown in as a wildcard for good measure.