• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Harvin Activated!

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Percy Harvin plans to make Seahawks debut Sunday

The NFC's strongest team just became more formidable.

The Seattle Seahawks activated Percy Harvin from the reserve/physically unable to perform list Monday.

A source who has spoken to the receiver tells NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport that Harvin is "absolutely planning" to play against his former teammates on the Minnesota Vikings this week.

Harvin had originally planned to make his Seahawks debut two weeks ago, only to suffer a setback when his hip flared up in practice. He'll have to avoid the same problem this week to follow through on his expectation of playing on a limited snap count.

With Golden Tate, Doug Baldwin and Jermaine Kearse combining for 257 yards and two touchdowns in the Seahawks' victory over the Falcons, Seattle can afford to ease Harvin in as a situational threat.

Harvin isn't the only key player returning this week. Starting offensive tackles Russell Okung and Breno Giacomini are both expected to be full speed for the first time in more than one month. If all goes as hoped, they will join Harvin in the lineup Sunday.

It's looking more and more like the NFC's road to the Super Bowl will go through Seattle in January.

The "Around The League Podcast" recapped every Week 10 game. Click here to listen and subscribe.

Percy Harvin plans to make Seahawks debut Sunday - NFL.com

Last edited by a moderator:

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We got most of our line back too,the Holiday's are looking very good fellow 12th man.

imagesarfesfwerf.jpg

Wedgie

My 8yr old me would love 59yo me.
Hoopla Cash
$ 5.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Schweeeet!!:suds:

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:hope: No setbacks this time.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a Vikings fan, I miss him looking at all those highlights. Hopefully, Patterson can be just as good as him. Seahawk fans won't be disappointed with what Harvin will bring to the table game in and game out.

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a Vikings fan, I miss him looking at all those highlights. Hopefully, Patterson can be just as good as him. Seahawk fans won't be disappointed with what Harvin will bring to the table game in and game out.

Finally a Vike's fan that doesn't bring up headache's etc.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Harvin plays in this game I hope it isn't for more than 5-8 plays. I can see getting him a few looks, but with a bye the following week I wouldn't want to see any of our guys who might be good enough to return do so and have setbacks.

We need every weapon we have against New Orleans and the stretch run.

Please pete, don't take unnecessary risks this week.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Harvin plays in this game I hope it isn't for more than 5-8 plays. I can see getting him a few looks, but with a bye the following week I wouldn't want to see any of our guys who might be good enough to return do so and have setbacks.

From what I've read today, he's only expected to see limited action on Sunday if he does play. That's fine. Getting him into a game and getting him used to the flow of this offense in a game situation without expecting too much in his first game back is the right way to handle it. If there are no further complications from that, they can use the two weeks between the Vikings game and the Saints game to really get him involved in the offensive gameplan and prep him to go full tilt against New Orleans. I feel sorry for anyone who forgets to bring earplugs to the next two games.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Agreed.

I personally wouldn't intentionally design any plays to him (i.e. screens) or have him return kicks or punts. Just let him get out there, adjust to being at game speed again and let him get ready for the game coming off the bye.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Should be an interesting game. Hopefully none of the guys on defense have an axe to grind with him and they really have nothing to lose at this point.

Wolverine830872

2018 DCFFL Champion!
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really don't see Harvin getting any playing time during the game. If anything, activating him will force the Vikings to game plan for something else that they probably won't see, other than a decoy. I hope I'm wrong but I would temper expectations for Harvin's performance next weekend, especially with a bye afterwards to give him two weeks to really hit the ground running

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm thinking we need to use the quick screen and slant pass more with Harvin in. Like Tate he's so dangerous after the catch and with our pass protection issues, just get him the ball and let him go to work.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really don't see Harvin getting any playing time during the game. If anything, activating him will force the Vikings to game plan for something else that they probably won't see, other than a decoy. I hope I'm wrong but I would temper expectations for Harvin's performance next weekend, especially with a bye afterwards to give him two weeks to really hit the ground running

Wait, did you say something? I was too distracted by your avatar to read it. :drool:

Wolverine830872

2018 DCFFL Champion!
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait, did you say something? I was too distracted by your avatar to read it. :drool:
lol, I just switched it to that today. Figured this way I could post all sorts of nonsense and get away with it

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think most people that I've seen talk about it know that the coaching staff isn't going to overdo it in this game, but I still wouldn't be surprised to see him get some touches just to get him some game experience before the bye so he's not going into the Saints game totally game rusty. Letting him dip his toe in the water in this game would be consistent with their approach to his return so far. If he makes it through practice this week without any more setbacks :hope:, I'd be very surprised if he was held out of this game completely.

Wolverine830872

2018 DCFFL Champion!
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure he'll see the field, but wouldn't be surprised if it was simply as a decoy to get used to the speed of the game and force the defense to shadow him allowing others more opportunities to get open

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
also remember Harvin HAD to be activated this week. No if ands or buts about it. Either he had to be activated or lost for the rest of the season.

3PhilNgood

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #3
Percy was a full participant in practice today...Wilson is going to have some FUNNNNNN this weekend!

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look at the names that participated in practice this week. There are some big names on there! This team is definitely getting healthier and scarier.
:nod:

Full Participation in Practice: FB Derrick Coleman (Hamstring), WR Percy Harvin (Hip), C Max Unger (Concussion), RB Marshawn Lynch (Knee), DT Jordan Hill (Biceps), LB Heath Farwell (Knee), DE Red Bryant (Concussion), S Kam Chancellor (Hip), T Breno Giacomini (Knee), S Jeron Johnson (Hamstring), LB Bruce Irvin (Shoulder), CB Richard Sherman (Hip), DE Chris Clemons (Not Injury Related)