• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Harrold, Bernier, Janssen on Waivers

MCDevils

NJ Devils: Sweden West
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
They needed to do this to be sure they're under the 23 man roster limit by 5:00PM Tuesday.

It's interesting that they're putting Harrold on there, because if he is claimed it means they're totally convinced that Severson is ready to go. Impressive considering how few pro games he's had.

The Devils still have 28 players on their roster right now.

Harrold (Waivers)
Bernier (Waivers)
Jansen (Waivers)

Carter (Unsigned)
Gomez (Unsigned)
Tootoo (Unsigned)

That get's them to 22.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like it. I get the feeling they really were open to competition this year and are trying to field the best team instead of going with favorites. If Bernier clears maybe a stint in the AHL could help him out if he becomes an injury replacement.

Harrold gone means it truly will be a youth movement on D.

MadCaptain

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Does this mean that one of the unsigned guys gets picked up? Possibly 2 of them if Severson gets sent down.

I'm actually kinda surprised. Bernier and Jannsen didn't belong but Harrold seemed like a good #7 assuming Pete still gives Salvador play time.

Maybe a trade is in the works with a forward going for a Defenseman?

SJ20

F U Kovy/Parise
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bernier should sign with the LA Kings. He's already helped them win one cup.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
sj what was your avatar?

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
HOORAY that Harold is gone!!! can't believe it finally happened, but as ya'll are pointing out, its a new direction.

I'm actually sad for Bernier. I really did like him, he was a 2 way player and was our hustle, energy guy with decent skill. He played tough and did the dirty work...

I fear we won't have any dirty work players though... that's going to suck.

Still waiting for Brunner to get da boot.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im all for having Tootoo on the team. Lots of grit but not a total black hole on offense. So that will be pretty good to have if he signs.

Sad to see Carter go. Always thought he played hard. Glad someone gave him a contract though. To come to camp unsigned it was good to see that paying off for him. Even if its not here.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
this team is seriously insane tootoo to a one year deal? this team really needs him?

isn't this why we got ryan clowe? or ruutuu or zubrus? comical.

yet across the river the rangers make room to bring in a young offensive talent (we'll see how he long he lasts) but still rather give a kid a shot then a 31 year old 4th line grinder

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Rangers have a history of overhyped young guys that get exposed and butchered early on. Let's not use them as our reference point on how to handle things.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
No but the Rangers did have a history of bringing in 30 year olds former good nhl players. See a pattern here?

Rather take a chance on an unknown kid maybe putting up 10 goals or more then well getting the known from too too and that's 2 goals 7 assists

Vortimous

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bernier should sign with the LA Kings. He's already helped them win one cup.

Low man... just low...

I wish I got to see your avatar.... its not there anymore and just some message.... what was it???

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In regards to Boucher, he may need more time to develop, let's say he plays the year in the minors, toward the end of the season when injuries start piling up, guys need rest etc. he gets called up and we see what he has after another year of development. If he does well then maybe he sticks around for the plalyoffs. He has a 2 way contract at this point so we can really do whatever we want with him. At the start of the season you need to have all these 1 way contracts with the big club.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ok gotcha... that 2 way is still applicable... still I rather have him than Brunner(breaking news!!!)

changing the subject a bit....

I like the defense we're carrying

Merrill, Gelinas & Severson has got me all excited... then throw a potential riser(top pick lol) in Larsson... young able defensemen I like...

Greene-Zids-Sal are the returning fellas(weird no Fayne).... I wonder how it will go as far as lineups?

Zids-Sal
Greene-Merrill
Gelinas-Larsson/Severson