• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Harden lands in Brooklyn

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's all well and good, but fit matters and unless they can figure out how to make 2 ball dominant guards and a forward who wants the ball a lot and is the best player on the team happy with their touches and credit...these pieces don't fit.

Maybe they can make it work. But I don't see anything in any of their histories that shows me it will.

If Westrook/harden/durant worked before why are you so sceptical Kyrie/harden/durant won't work

Westbrook was literally the biggest ball hog in the game...So i expect this core to be much better. Plus Harden was very young the first time around, and is clearly a lot better.

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You waited too long. It expired.

I clicked it yesterday and it was the same thing, i don't think it was ever approved. I'm still down with the bet, if you want...

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Westrook/harden/durant worked before why are you so sceptical Kyrie/harden/durant won't work

Have you been paying attention? World B. Flat is batshit crazy. He couldn't be happy in Cleveland with Lebron despite going to the finals every year, because he wanted to be "the man".

Then, he couldn't be happy in Boston because he thought he was going to be the man, but the team played better without him.

Now, he's in New Jersey, he won't show up for practices and games, doesn't even bother to tell the coach where he is, was on a Zoom meeting during a Nets game and now there has been speculation that part of it may be that he doesn't want Nash to be the coach. There were also reports back when the Harden to the Nets talk first started that KD wanted Harden, but WBF didn't.

And he thinks he's the leader.

Then you have Harden who couldn't make things with Dwight, CP3 or Westbrook. Now he's suddenly going to make things work with KD and WBF?

And that's not even getting into why they don't fit from basketball perspective. Harden and Kyrie are every bit the ballstoppers that Westbrook is and KD left the Warriors over touches, despite getting enough of them to win 2 championships and 2 finals MVP awards.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NEW YORK -- Brooklyn Nets general manager Sean Marks said Kevin Durant and Kyrie Irving have "conviction" about the direction of the team in the wake of the trade to land James Harden and are prepared to make the necessary on-court sacrifices.

Seems promising.

But what is a total fail by this team ...a first round loss in the playoffs?

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think the Rockets are concerned at all with staying competitive right now. The swap for Olidipo was to have a 21 million expiring instead of 3 years of 17 in Lavert. I actually think you will see Gordon traded and Olidipo moved again for a pick or 2.

Rockets went from one of the worst cap situations in the league to having 24 million under the cap next year, as well as adding 5 1st round picks and some swappable picks that may or may not turn out. Even if they never do, they have the tools to completely retool.

No way.

LeVert is a stud. You don’t give a cheap talent like that away for an expiring contract.

Wall, Oladipo and Wood is not a rebuilder core. They might end up missing the playoffs, but that is clearly not the Rockets’ intent. At least not in the short term.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"And many here were saying Kyrie and KD won’t work. I expressed doubts" Coachdumdum

You said the Cavs were better off with Delly than Kyrie because he played better defense, and that we would be worse off in 2016 vs 2015. Which year did they win the championship again? Who hit the winning 3 in game 7?

"Likely to fail" well Vegas has them as the favorites...So people who bet and actually know what they are talking about don't agree with your opinion at all with money on the line...

"You know they won't fit"

What are you a fortune teller now, what's the winning lottery numbers for next week? lol

Saying I have doubts is not anything close to the comment you attributed to me in saying they don’t fit.

KD fits with everyone. I have been on record saying that multiple times.

I had my doubts about the pairing because of Kyrie Irving, his selfish play and his insanity.

And no, I did not say Cleveland was better with Delly.

You just make shit up. Post a real quote or GTFO troll.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am curious as to how you thought the Miami big three would work. Everyone thought that would fail too.

What?

I didn’t think LeBron and Wade were a good fit, but nobody thought they would fail. LeBron and Wade were both top 3 players when they joined and both in their primes and hungry.

This is not the same.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Westbrook was literally the biggest ball hog in the game...So i expect this core to be much better. Plus Harden was very young the first time around, and is clearly a lot better.

That was a long time ago. It was before Harden was a star and had an ego, and really before Russ and KD had emerged as superstars and fully developed their egos.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No way.

LeVert is a stud. You don’t give a cheap talent like that away for an expiring contract.

Wall, Oladipo and Wood is not a rebuilder core. They might end up missing the playoffs, but that is clearly not the Rockets’ intent. At least not in the short term.
That’s why I say the Rockets are the biggest losers here. They acquired future unknowns as well as an injury prone player on an expiring deal. Why even include those 2 teams? Why not take Allen and LeVert?

Wall
LeVert
Wood
Allen

That is at least something to build on for the future, plus those potential valuable picks. Actually think they are a better team now with them as well...but we will see

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have you been paying attention? World B. Flat is batshit crazy. He couldn't be happy in Cleveland with Lebron despite going to the finals every year, because he wanted to be "the man".

Then, he couldn't be happy in Boston because he thought he was going to be the man, but the team played better without him.

Now, he's in New Jersey, he won't show up for practices and games, doesn't even bother to tell the coach where he is, was on a Zoom meeting during a Nets game and now there has been speculation that part of it may be that he doesn't want Nash to be the coach. There were also reports back when the Harden to the Nets talk first started that KD wanted Harden, but WBF didn't.

Then you have Harden who couldn't make things with Dwight, CP3 or Westbrook. Now he's suddenly going to make things work with KD and WBF?

And that's not even getting into why they don't fit from basketball perspective. Harden and Kyrie are every bit the ballstoppers that Westbrook is and KD left the Warriors over touches, despite getting enough of them to win 2 championships and 2 finals MVP awards.

We coming...get scared lol

EruEnlHUYAA44e-

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What?

I didn’t think LeBron and Wade were a good fit, but nobody thought they would fail. LeBron and Wade were both top 3 players when they joined and both in their primes and hungry.

This is not the same.
I’d say KD and Harden are arguably top 5. The league is a lot deeper now than it was in 2010. Clearly it’s not the same, but you still have 3 top 20 guys like the heat did. I think it’s very similar. The nets still have some good role players on the roster too.

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’d say KD and Harden are arguably top 5. The league is a lot deeper now than it was in 2010. Clearly it’s not the same, but you still have 3 top 20 guys like the heat did. I think it’s very similar. The nets still have some good role players on the roster too.

Kd, Harden, Irving are more talented than Lebron, wade and bosh...Bosh was barely a star imo, and wade was diminished by the 2nd season...Basically if this does work every team is fucked, so i understand people not wanting it to work tbh

They also have some decent role players in DJ and joe harris...Nobody can honestly say they fear this team less now that harden is on it...unless they want to lie to themselves

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will say Harden is a top 5 offensive player but that’s as far as I can go. He is an overall negative on a team with any young talent whatsoever.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,766.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Um, Irving is in Brooklyn now, not New Jersey.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jesus, this might be the worst defensive backcourt of all time.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will say Harden is a top 5 offensive player but that’s as far as I can go. He is an overall negative on a team with any young talent whatsoever.

I wouldn't say that. The guy's an offensive monster.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

KD is top 2.

Harden is somewhere between 5 and 10, but with huge question marks about how he can coexist with other star players. Same as Kyrie.

LeBron was #1 by a good bit, and Wade was arguably #2. Both had reputations for being unselfish players, LeBron possibly even too much so. The fit wasn’t ideal because they were both ball dominant slashers with suspect 3 point shots, but both were willing to defer to one another and they were literally best friends off the court. And that does help a lot.

The question with Miami was not whether or not they could win, it was how many will they get.

Whether Kyrie and Harden are able to coexist remains to be seen, but there are very valid reasons to be skeptical.

It could end up working fine, but I will believe it when I see it. This group seems like a front runner that will have a tough time when adversity inevitably strikes.