• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Hard times call for good trade?

DALLAScornhusker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So another owner is kinda in a pickle this week. Has all kinds of people on byes. Is sitting on 2 wins and is looking at getting slaughtered this week by the top team. We have been discussing a trade for two weeks, and now it seems like we are in agreement. I am sitting on 6 wins, so I'm pretty much in the playoffs already.

The trade:
I get: Oliver and Calvin

He gets: Hillman and Benjamin

The other sticking point in this trade, is the timeline. He needs help now, and since we have a delay in our league of nearly 2 days, we are going to split up the trade into two phases due to Benji's thursday game. So we've agreed to trade Calvin for Hillman now, and then trade the other two after week 9.

Thoughts?

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No downside to that trade for you. Hillman's role is uncertain once Ball gets back. The only way this deal is close is if Hillman retains true feature back duties.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
cant ever go wrong with getting Calvin Johnson, imo. Just gotta hope that he's getting close to fully healthy now that he's been out for a bit.

If you don't need Hillman this week, this seems like a good deal for you.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No downside to that trade for you. Hillman's role is uncertain once Ball gets back. The only way this deal is close is if Hillman retains true feature back duties.

No certainty that Oliver keeps the primary role when Mathews comes back.

Gooch1034

Fuck off!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.23
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would take that trade for sure. Another thing, if my team is screwed for 1 week because of byes, I think its best to just eat the loss instead of fucking your whole team up for the remainder of the season. I can understand if you cant afford to lose anymore games but many of the guys in my league always panic and ruin decent teams just to have a chance to win during a bad bye week. Sometimes it works out ok but most of the time, not thinking long term ruins them.

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All makes sense to me. Seven losses is too many.

DALLAScornhusker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll most certainly lose without Hillman in my lineup. I've been hit hard at RB over the course of the season. I was the unfortunate soul who drafted AP and Rice. Jennings and Ball got hurt the same week and also FJax got whacked. Somehow, pickups of Hillman and Ivory have kept my head above water. I really don't have anyone of quality behind Ivory (Sims) that I can play this week, plus Calvin on bye helps none.

I get the factors of which hold both Oliver's and Hillman's values so high right now, might not stay that way all season. Hillman just might return better value and stats than Moreno of last season. Ball has been cut down to size and is no longer the elephant in the room that Moreno had to deal with last year. We've seen two backs work for SD just last year. Are either as good as Hillman? No. But with the touches Oliver has gotten, I believe his value will hold even with Mathews coming back. And I am under the impression Mathews will take more away from Oliver than Ball will from Hillman.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Deal.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i feel like you are being too fair... These trades should not be so even... If you see a team desperate, try to win the deal a little more clearly... Right now Hillman is better than Oliver, and Benjamin is actually playing, and becoming a low end WR1... Calvin's role is not clear when he comes back, you may think he will return as the number one WR in football, but Detroit might not need the calvin we know until the playoffs...

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you are thinking playoffs already and can swallow that potential loss, take Calvin.

Hell, take Calvin anyway.