• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Hamilton to Angels

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have no idea how much pleasure each Angels loss brought me last season. With Douchebag's signing, each loss will be euphoric. As a baseball fan though, I will be very interested to see what affect Hamilton and Pujols' presence in the batting order will have on each other. Do you bat Hamilton in the four spot? If so, it's going to highlight each stikeout and runners left in position by Pujols. Another sub-.300 season and near the top in strikeouts with Hamilton providing a world of protection for Pujols and he's officially a bust. Opinions?

I think you could see josh get frustrated going from a hitters park to a pitchers park. If Hamilton k's like he did last year he won't be providing protection for anyone. Pujols is on the decline. It's so awesome they have so much money wrapped up in two aging, declining players for so long. When they're both on that lineup will be scary good with trout at the top of the order. But I think those times will be getting fewer and farther between.

Btw, how long till trout is a FA and the angels cannot afford to resign him because they've got so much payroll wrapped up in old players?

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you could see josh get frustrated going from a hitters park to a pitchers park. If Hamilton k's like he did last year he won't be providing protection for anyone. Pujols is on the decline. It's so awesome they have so much money wrapped up in two aging, declining players for so long. When they're both on that lineup will be scary good with trout at the top of the order. But I think those times will be getting fewer and farther between.

Btw, how long till trout is a FA and the angels cannot afford to resign him because they've got so much payroll wrapped up in old players?

All of these thoughts fill me with shameless glee! :pound:

Angels "fans" are only interested in what's shiny and new right now. Not three yrs from now when their franchise is handcuffed to a couple of washed-up, opinionated douchebags for the foreseeable future.

What I hope happens is that the Angels lose against next year, the fans get bored and spend their money at Disneyland and the owner realizes he's going to have to let Trout go for prospects.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really would love for trout to end up in Texas. Even if he is an arrogant douche.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really would love for trout to end up in Texas. Even if he is an arrogant douche.

Which thought the Angels GM must be having nightmares about already.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which thought the Angels GM must be having nightmares about already.

I'll given them Wilson and Hamilton if it means we get trout.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll given them Wilson and Hamilton if it means we get trout.

Especially if you can get Trout without a nightmare contract. He and his agent would have to know that he's got more bargaining power within the division.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Nobody crying. Just calling it like I see it.

Btw, enjoy PADMY next season as he ole's ground ball after ground ball and watches them scuttle into LF.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And how much did the Twins pay Kevin Correia? $10M?!

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The thing that amazes me is that LAA can almost always find someone to take terrible contracts off their hands. I am still waiting for the latest. Any day now Wells is going to be traded and LAA will get something above average back. Not sure how they do it, but I think these last two deals are going to catch up to them (hamilton and pujols)

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The thing that amazes me is that LAA can almost always find someone to take terrible contracts off their hands. I am still waiting for the latest. Any day now Wells is going to be traded and LAA will get something above average back. Not sure how they do it, but I think these last two deals are going to catch up to them (hamilton and pujols)

They do seem to have pictures on half the team's gm's don't they?

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

A fact that my buddy always loves reminding me of. It's almost like they rent players and if it doesn't work out, there are teams battling it out to take over the burdensome contract. Like you said though, no one is going to bail them out with Hamilton and Pujols unless they tank early in the season and someone like the Yankees are A's want Hamilton if he's on fire. After the last 2 season, ain't nobody touchin' Pujols for that kinda money.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will be interesting to see Hamiltons numbers outside of the BPIA. I know his home/away splits aren't MASSIVE, but we have a for sure hitters park. Should make a difference

Xx srs bsns xX

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,409.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bringing this back up...

Angels' Hamilton primed for monster year -- but holds no grudges - CBSSports.com

The Rangers -- cautious and perhaps a little weary after a five-year relationship filled with big achievements but occasional frustrations and worries over the player that had been banished from baseball for substance abuse -- offered a six-year deal with only the first three guaranteed at the $20 million-plus-a-year rate commensurate with his extraordinary skill level. Hamilton viewed the offer as a three-year guarantee, and still does; he affixed a look of puzzlement when it was characterized to him by a reporter as a six-year deal.

The last sentence doesnt surprise me. Kinda suits him actually.
So lets call a spade a spade and tell it how it really is. He flat out, just did not want to be here anymore.

Josh - All I have to say is.....

Last edited by a moderator: