• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ha Ha Clinton-Dix

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Ha Ha Clinton-Dix - DB - Crimson Tide

Alabama junior S Ha Ha Clinton-Dix received impermissible benefits from assistant strength and conditioning coach Corey Harris.

Clinton-Dix had already been suspended indefinitely by head coach Nick Saban for "a violation of team rules;" we just hadn't known what that violation was until now. Alabama placed Harris, who reportedly gave Clinton-Dix a loan worth less than $500 over the summer, on administrative leave. NCAA Bylaw 16.11.2.2 states that "an institutional employee or representative of the institution's athletics interests may not provide a student-athlete with extra benefits or services, including, but not limited to ... a loan of money." Upon internal investigation, UA's compliance office uncovered Harris' connection to a representative of a sports agent. Clinton-Dix has handed over his bank records to department representatives to show a withdrawal he says was used to repay Harris.
Source: Tuscaloosa News

Oct 3 - 3:39 PM

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Kind of shitty. It's probably a guy on the staff he's friendly with, he borrowed some cash the way you might from a friend, and now they're both getting busted for it. Doesn't read like it's a booster thing.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

CBS Sports' Jeremy Fowler reports Alabama suggested a 1-3 game suspension for junior S Ha Ha Clinton-Dix in their proposal to the NCAA.

"The NCAA can accept the recommendation, or deny it and issue a longer suspension," according to Fowler. Clinton-Dix reportedly borrowed between $100-300 from an assistant strength coach that is now on administrative leave. "The range of money likely wouldn't result in more than two games missed in most cases, the source said," Fowler writes. His source added "This is not the kind of penalty that would be the rest of the season."
Source: CBS Sports

Oct 3 - 6:55 PM

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is pretty minor, maybe it won't hurt his draft stock after all :(

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

The NCAA reinstated junior S HaHa Clinton-Dix from his two-game suspension on Friday.

Clinton-Dix is eligible to play Saturday against Arkansas. The star safety was suspended earlier this month for borrowing less than $500 from an assistant strength coach. We consider Clinton-Dix a top 20 talent in this year's draft class. Scout.Inc agrees, ranking Clinton-Dix No. 18 overall.
Source: ESPN.com

Oct 18 - 8:33 PM

RhojiF

Rhoji
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Yo Dub! as much as I want this guy to be a 49er, I don't see him going past 20. Honestly, if he was in this year's draft, I think he would have been the first safety chosen.

The good thing about next year's draft is that it's very top heavy. I think there's more blue-chip players coming out than I've seen in previous drafts.

4lifer9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Yo Dub! as much as I want this guy to be a 49er, I don't see him going past 20. Honestly, if he was in this year's draft, I think he would have been the first safety chosen.

The good thing about next year's draft is that it's very top heavy. I think there's more blue-chip players coming out than I've seen in previous drafts.

More blue chips than the '11 Draft? Except the later qbs selected..

RhojiF

Rhoji
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Another thing I would like to add about Clinton-Dix is that he's one of my favorite players in recent years (even though I dislike the SEC, but you can't doubt the talent they bring in at the Safety position). I had high-praise for Eric Reid in his sophomore year and knew he would be something special. A lot of 49ers fans didn't like the pick because "he didn't have prototypical FS features" or something similar to that. But what a lot of people failed to take into account is that Eric Reid had to change up his game every year as teammates playing in front of him (DE, DT, LB's, CB's) had left for the draft. When you don't have that stability, you have to constantly change up your game and that's what didn't show in his stats. Sometimes talent and stats in college football is not a clear indicator of performance at the next level. Josh Gordon is another name that comes to mind.

I would be lying if I thought he'd be performing this well, mostly because I loved Dashon Goldson as a 49er. But I knew he'd be ok. As crazy as it sounds, I don't even think he's playing the position that can really utilize all his skills.

If we drafted him Clinton-Dix, I think we should put him at FS and move Eric Reid down to SS. Eric Reid has a nose for the ball and hardly ever plays out of position (Whitner's weakness) and Clinton-Dix.

Although I'm one of the few that actually likes Whitner (great person), his skillset is a dying breed. I was surprised he was voted into the pro-bowl. The new generation of middle-linebackers (Willis, Bowman, Keuchly, Alonso, etc.) are now expected to run sub-4.5's. This allows them to be more versatile and cover more ground; covering Tight-Ends, which is where the Rover normally lines up; spying on the quarterback; and even designed blitzes (see: Navarro Bowman). Now, couple that with the NFL trying to make the game more exciting by protecting offensive players (leading to higher scoring games through vertical passing shoot-outs), it just makes Whitner dispensable.

I'm sure 95% of the people in this forum already know this, but I'm just defending Whitner. He's really not a bad football player; the game is just changing and it just so happens to go against his skill-set. I mean, if we really needed a Rover on the slot, then we're pretty much fucked either way. Just take a look at this Tennessee game where Kendall Wright is abusing Carlos Rogers (a CB). I was in a little bit of denial, because I played SS just like Whitner.

I had to write a lot because I retract my comment about Clinton-Dix not falling out of the top 15. I took a look at needs of the struggling teams, and I don't see Safety as the biggest weakness. We might have to trade up to ensure we grab him, but I'm all for quality over quantity. At some point, our team has to realize that keeping 13-14 draft picks is silly considering how much talent we already have on our team. I'd rather trade up and get 2 sure-fire starters, 2 solid starters, and 3 situational players. Then trade the rest of the picks the following year, instead of risking so much. The time for the 49ers to win is right now and if we miss on the draft picks, we could always entice a Nmandi type of player/type of contract as a security blanket.

/end rant.

RhojiF

Rhoji
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
More blue chips than the '11 Draft? Except the later qbs selected..

Yup. More than the 11 Draft.

2011 Blue-Chips:
Cam Newton
Von Miller
Marcell Dareus
AJ Green
Patrick Peterson
Julio Jones
JJ Watt
Nick Fairley
Robert Quinn (Debatable)
Mike Pouncey
Adrian Clayborn (Debatable, but at the time was considered a top 7 talent by many)

**Aldon Smith is a beast, but at the time was not a blue-chip prospect. He was more of a raw-freak with tons of potential.

2014 Blue-Chips:
Jadeveon Clowney
Teddy Bridgewater
Marquise Lee
Tahj Boyd
Louis Nix
Anthony Barr
Sammy Watkins
Brett Hundley
Johnny Manziel (I don't care what anybody says. He's a baller.)
Taylor Lewan
Khalil Mack
Mike Evans (Debatable, but he has Vincent Jackson clone written all over him. He dominates at his level)
Haha Clinton-Dix
CJ Mosley
Ekpre-Olomu
Jason Verret
Colt Lyerla
Jake Matthews
Stephen Tuitt

***Marcus Mariota (debatable), Zach Mettenberger (debatable), Bradley Roby (debateable), Aaron Colvin (I believe he can be a top 10 pick, but this draft is so deep).

4lifer9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Yup. More than the 11 Draft.

2011 Blue-Chips:
Cam Newton
Von Miller
Marcell Dareus
AJ Green
Patrick Peterson
Julio Jones
JJ Watt
Nick Fairley
Robert Quinn (Debatable)
Mike Pouncey
Adrian Clayborn (Debatable, but at the time was considered a top 7 talent by many)

**Aldon Smith is a beast, but at the time was not a blue-chip prospect. He was more of a raw-freak with tons of potential.

2014 Blue-Chips:
Jadeveon Clowney
Teddy Bridgewater
Marquise Lee
Tahj Boyd
Louis Nix
Anthony Barr
Sammy Watkins
Brett Hundley
Johnny Manziel (I don't care what anybody says. He's a baller.)
Taylor Lewan
Khalil Mack
Mike Evans (Debatable, but he has Vincent Jackson clone written all over him. He dominates at his level)
Haha Clinton-Dix
CJ Mosley
Ekpre-Olomu
Jason Verret
Colt Lyerla
Jake Matthews
Stephen Tuitt

***Marcus Mariota (debatable), Zach Mettenberger (debatable), Bradley Roby (debateable), Aaron Colvin (I believe he can be a top 10 pick, but this draft is so deep).

man.. we just need a WR and a CB from this class...

I thought NIx had said he was going back for his senior season?

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't either, I was hoping that it would be something so bad that it would really hurt his draft status and drop him into the 2nd. Now I see what he was suspended for and I no longer think that he will last anywhere close to there.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Alabama senior CB John Fulton posted on social media that junior SS Ha Ha Clinton-Dix underwent surgery to repair a torn meniscus.

It is unclear how long Clinton-Dix has dealt with the injury, but according to Fulton he did play through it. "Salute to my lil brudda (Clinton-Dix). My young bull pushed through the pain and played wit a torn meniscus for the squad. I'm prayin that your surgery went well and that you have a speedy recovery," the post read. The healing process usually takes a few weeks, at least, depending on the severity. We expect Clinton-Dix to declare for the NFL draft following Alabama's bowl game.
Source: John Fulton on Instagram

Dec 3 - 4:09 PM

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A talented underclassmen with excellent range and ball skills, Clinton-Dix currently is ranked No. 18 on Scouts Inc.'s Top 32 for 2014. He's second on the team with 24 tackles and two pass breakups. His primary backup entering the year, senior Nick Perry, already has been lost for the season with a shoulder injury.

This fool makes two tackles per game, knocks down a pass semi-annually, has not intercepted a single pass and you want the Niners to draft him? Get the fuck out of here you dunce.

supreme_clientele81

Supreme Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A talented underclassmen with excellent range and ball skills, Clinton-Dix currently is ranked No. 18 on Scouts Inc.'s Top 32 for 2014. He's second on the team with 24 tackles and two pass breakups. His primary backup entering the year, senior Nick Perry, already has been lost for the season with a shoulder injury.

This fool makes two tackles per game, knocks down a pass semi-annually, has not intercepted a single pass and you want the Niners to draft him? Get the fuck out of here you dunce.

Well he did miss a couple games from suspension and if it is true that he was playing with a torn meniscus that could explain the dip in his production. Also Eric Reid stats were not great his last year at LSU and he has been a pleasant surprise. Haven't seen Dix play much so can't say if we should draft him or not. But I have to trust Harbaalke's judgement if they do draft him. (since he isn't a WR) Personally I don't want a Safety in the 1st round unless we have already drafted a WR or CB

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

ask monica, u cant go wrong with clinton dix