• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ha Ha Clinton-Dix

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This could make his draft stock plummet, then we can draft him late to take over for Hitner

Ha Ha Clinton-Dix of Alabama Crimson Tide suspended indefinitely for violation of team rules - ESPN

Ha Ha Clinton-Dix violates team rules

Updated: October 2, 2013, 9:17 PM ET
ESPN.com news services
Email
Print

Alabama free safety Ha Ha Clinton-Dix has been suspended indefinitely for violation of team rules, according to coach Nick Saban, who did not set a timetable on the preseason All-SEC defender's absence.

More on Alabama

Alabama For full coverage of the Tide, check out the Alabama blog, part of ESPN's College Football Nation. Blog
More:
• Alabama's clubhouse page
• ESPN.com's SEC blog

"When guys get suspended, I never ever say what it's for, so I'm not going there, so don't ask me," Saban said Wednesday as his team prepares for Saturday's game against Georgia State. "It's the way I've always handled this -- every guy. They do right, they wouldn't be getting suspended. And I don't know for how long this will be, so don't ask me that either."

A talented underclassmen with excellent range and ball skills, Clinton-Dix currently is ranked No. 18 on Scouts Inc.'s Top 32 for 2014. He's second on the team with 24 tackles and two pass breakups. His primary backup entering the year, senior Nick Perry, already has been lost for the season with a shoulder injury.

Instead, the job of replacing Clinton-Dix will fall to either Landon Collins or Geno Smith. Collins, a former five-star recruit at safety, has primarily played at inside cornerback this season but has since been working at free safety. Smith, who came on strong at inside corner late last season before transitioning to safety during fall camp, has not seen the field much this year after being arrested for a DUI prior to the start of the season.

"Landon Collins really doesn't play the same position," Saban said. "We've been working him at that position. Nick Perry was really Ha Ha's backup. Nick Perry's out, he had shoulder surgery. So he would have obviously been a guy who had experience, who played a lot in games before, who would have played there. But we've been working Landon and Geno Smith, primarily. We moved Geno to safety way back in fall camp. So those are the two guys that will primarily play that position in this game."

Clinton-Dix is Alabama's fourth announced suspension since the start of preseason camp, joining linebacker Trey DePriest, Smith and tight end Malcolm Faciane.

"He's a great player and obviously he will be missed, but I'm confident in the guys we have behind him and the guys in the secondary to make adjustments," Tide defensive end Jeoffrey Pagan said. "I think we'll be all right."

The Tide will not face a single ranked team in October. Alabama plays Georgia State, Kentucky, Arkansas and Tennessee followed by a bye week before No. 10 LSU travels to Tuscaloosa on Nov. 9.

Information from ESPN.com's Alex Scarborough and The Associated Press was used in this report.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i thought this thread was about monica lewinsky

DoobieKeebler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:L This has to be the stupidest fucking name I've ever heard. His parent(s?) must hate him. And why hasn't he changed his name the moment he turned 18? I don't trust anyone who would keep such a stupid fucking name.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
:L This has to be the stupidest fucking name I've ever heard. His parent(s?) must hate him. And why hasn't he changed his name the moment he turned 18? I don't trust anyone who would keep such a stupid fucking name.

His birth name is Ha'Sean. You still may not like that, but "Ha Ha' is not his birth name.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's his given name??
:L

Ha'Sean is his real name. Don't know if that's much better, though.

As for the OP - what an idiot. I'm a huge fan of his on the field, but I'm getting sick of these guys who consistently make stupid decisions. We still don't know exactly what it is, but it's obviously not a good thing.

Pull your head out of your ass.

MI Nightmare

Slow Roller
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,317.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jacked up name but that kid is a stud.

DoobieKeebler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His birth name is Ha'Sean. You still may not like that, but "Ha Ha' is not his birth name.

That's fair. The name seemed too silly to be a given name, but everyone has the right to go by whatever name they want. I probably would have gone by "Sean" instead of "Ha Ha" but it's none of my business.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
That's fair. The name seemed too silly to be a given name, but everyone has the right to go by whatever name they want. I probably would have gone by "Sean" instead of "Ha Ha" but it's none of my business.

I don't know why I feel like saying this but I'll give you another one that a lot of people don't realize isn't his birth name - Champ Baily. His birth name was Roland Bailey.

Ray Lewis is actually Raymond Lewis, though that one isn't all that different. I could go on and on for a while. It's fun to get the official combine invite list because you get to see that a lot of these players' birth names are different than what they go by now.

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ha'Sean is his real name. Don't know if that's much better, though.

As for the OP - what an idiot. I'm a huge fan of his on the field, but I'm getting sick of these guys who consistently make stupid decisions. We still don't know exactly what it is, but it's obviously not a good thing.

Pull your head out of your ass.

I agree that he needs to get his head out of his ass. I'm kind of hoping that he has a turn around like "The Honey Badger". This kid is a stud on the field though and I'd love to pair him with Eric Reid. Hopefully this makes him drop a bit.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know why I feel like saying this but I'll give you another one that a lot of people don't realize isn't his birth name - Champ Baily. His birth name was Roland Bailey.

Ray Lewis is actually Raymond Lewis, though that one isn't all that different. I could go on and on for a while. It's fun to get the official combine invite list because you get to see that a lot of these players' birth names are different than what they go by now.

Or Julio Jones' real name is actually Quintorris Jones. Hilarious.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hadn't seen his name or nickname before this post, so I thought the OP was laughing at Clinton-Dix. I, of course, thought it was going to be about the name sounding like the former president's privates. I didn't look at who was posting. I thought, hmm, this sounds like a high school thread. Then, I read the thread, of course.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
This could make his draft stock plummet, then we can draft him late to take over for Hitner

Before Aldon's incident, I might've been for that. Now? I dunno.

Not sure they need another player who runs afoul of the rules and or the law.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His draft status is not going to be affected. It was a violation of team rules, rumor is speaking to an agent unsupervised. He will be back with the team in a few weeks, after Saban punishes him and makes him jump through the proper hoops.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Ha Ha Clinton-Dix - DB - Crimson Tide

Alabama junior S Ha Ha Clinton-Dix has been suspended indefinitely by head coach Nick Saban for a violation of team rules.

This is a massive loss for the Alabama defense, as Clinton-Dix was one of the Crimson Tide's best players outside of senior linebacker C.J. Mosley. "I don’t know for how long this will be, so don’t ask me that," Saban said after announcing the suspension. This defense has struggled to generate a consistent pass rush for the last two seasons, but Clinton-Dix has made play after play at multiple levels of the field. We consider him a top 20 talent in this year's draft class. Landon Collins and Geno Smith will reportedly fill in for Clinton-Dix. We have a feeling Clinton-Dix will be back for the LSU game on November 9.
Source: Alex Scarborough on

Twitter Oct 2 - 7:16 PM

Ha Ha Clinton-Dix - DB - Crimson

Tide NFL.com's Chase Goodbread is hearing Alabama junior S Ha Ha Clinton-Dix's suspension is not drug related.
Source: Chase Goodbread on Twitter

Oct 3 - 12:28 PM