• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

H.O.F.

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so frank gets in .... 1st ballet.

personally i don't see why .... at least not with the system as it has been throughout history. do you know who weren't first ballet hof'ers?

tris speaker
lou gehrig
rogers hornsby
jimmy foxx
joe dimaggio
bob feller
luke appling
yogi berra
ralph kiner
duke snider

to name a few. was frank better than any of these guys? maybe a couple ... but way less than half.

my problem isn't really with frank's election ... he deserves it ... as much as many in there do. but i do have a problem with this hanging around on a ballet for years or sometimes even decades. either a player is worthy of the hof or he isn't!

dump the stupid system as it stands today. when you're eligible you are either voted in or your not ... and that's the end of it!

one small example ------ tim raines should be in the hall ... instead he's in his 7th year of waiting. why? WHO KNOWS? lee smith also belongs .... waiting 12 years?

the hall of fame itself is fucked up! the voting system is fucked up! there are players who've never played major league baseball in the stupid hall of fame. there are managers, presidents, vice presidents and all sorts of non playing individuals in the hall of fame! why? WHO KNOWS?

the hall is worthless imo. filled with players an wannabeens who don't belong and lacking players who DO belong.

SCRAP THE WHOLE SHEBANG!

Last edited by a moderator:

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so frank gets in .... 1st ballet.

personally i don't see why .... at least not with the system as it has been throughout history. do you know who weren't first ballet hof'ers?

tris speaker
lou gehrig
rogers hornsby
jimmy foxx
joe dimaggio
bob feller
luke appling
yogi berra
ralph kiner
duke snider

to name a few. was frank better than any of these guys? maybe a couple ... but way less than half.

my problem isn't really with frank's election ... he deserves it ... as much as many in there do. but i do have a problem with this hanging around on a ballet for years or sometimes even decades. either a player is worthy of the hof or he isn't!

dump the stupid system as it stands today. when you're eligible you are either voted in or your not ... and that's the end of it!

one small example ------ tim raines should be in the hall ... instead he's in his 7th year of waiting. why? WHO KNOWS? lee smith also belongs .... waiting 12 years?

the hall of fame itself is fucked up! the voting system is fucked up! there are players who've never played major league baseball in the stupid hall of fame. there are managers, presidents, vice presidents and all sorts of non playing individuals in the hall of fame! why? WHO KNOWS?

the hall is worthless imo. filled with players an wannabeens who don't belong and lacking players who DO belong.

SCRAP THE WHOLE SHEBANG!

the first ballot or not first ballot is crap to me too. either you deserve to be a hall of famer or you don't deserve a hall of famer. the hall is a joke to me anyways.