• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

GUARD Andrew Norwell is a Commander

Niner Outlaw

Stay out of my territory.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

its a good deal for the commies
Yep, 2yrs, 10M is a good deal, even if the Commies only get 90% of Flowers's production, since it'll becoming at half the price. Hell, the team could STILL land Flowers back at a lower rate if the market keeps smoothing out (as his best 2 seasons have come in DC).

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Huge signing should be just as good or even better than Flowers at half the price.

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Call me crazy, but I think that the redskins have done a really nice job over rivera’s tenure of finding second and third wave free agents to sign cheaply who produce quality results:

Logan Thomas being one of the greatest examples of this, but also Flowers, Leno, Schweitzer, Carter, McCain, McKissick, etc.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Call me crazy, but I think that the redskins have done a really nice job over rivera’s tenure of finding second and third wave free agents to sign cheaply who produce quality results:

Logan Thomas being one of the greatest examples of this, but also Flowers, Leno, Schweitzer, Carter, McCain, McKissick, etc.

I agree. I don't get all the hate on here and saying RR is on the hot seat this year.

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. I don't get all the hate on here and saying RR is on the hot seat this year.

I wouldnt go thaf far, Homer. I’m just saying that letting the first wave of free agents sign elsewhere, then signing less expensive free agents to team friendly “prove it” deals seems to be generally working out for RR.

Its the big ticket guys that arent: samuels, william jackson, fuller last year, etc.

It remains to be seen if Wentz is more Johhny or Ed.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldnt go thaf far, Homer. I’m just saying that letting the first wave of free agents sign elsewhere, then signing less expensive free agents to team friendly “prove it” deals seems to be generally working out for RR.

Its the big ticket guys that arent: samuels, william jackson, fuller last year, etc.

It remains to be seen if Wentz is more Johhny or Ed.

Cant blame RR for Samuel getting hurt. Jackson needs to step up. Wentz has a great shot in being our franchise QB.

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cant blame RR for Samuel getting hurt. Jackson needs to step up. Wentz has a great shot in being our franchise QB.

Samuel was hurt as he was signed. That was on RR.
Jackson sucked last year. That is also on RR.
Wentz is a headcase who cost a lot. This will be the defining move off RR’s career in washington.

This IS the defining offseason for RR in Washington.

So far he has lost sherff, settle, flowers, RSJ, pissed off the buffalo gm in resigning McKissick perhaps flat out lied to Ionnidis’s agent, traded for a controversial qb, and not signed the single most important player the commanders have on offense, TM to a contract extension.

Not a great start.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Samuel was hurt as he was signed. That was on RR.
Jackson sucked last year. That is also on RR.
Wentz is a headcase who cost a lot. This will be the defining move off RR’s career in washington.

This IS the defining offseason for RR in Washington.

So far he has lost sherff, settle, flowers, RSJ, pissed off the buffalo gm in resigning McKissick perhaps flat out lied to Ionnidis’s agent, traded for a controversial qb, and not signed the single most important player the commanders have on offense, TM to a contract extension.

Not a great start.

I dont blame injuries on the head coach.
Jackson was also banged up last year.
Wentz is not a headcase. We are lucky we got him with all the crap QB's out there in FA. He is the only Qb with the biggest upside out of all the FA QB's.

Sherff was a goner the minute they put the franchise tag on him last year. that was bad move. Out of all the moves RR made this is the one I hadf an issue with.

Settle, Flowers, and RSJ are not big-time players In fact,. Norwell is the better player for half the price. So you have to give RR and the front office credit for this signing. RSJ wanted a chance to start and he will ger the Giants. He wasn't starting here. We have Thomas and Bates is developing.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that Ron Rivera himself knows that he's on a short tether. 7-9, 7-10, and a public promise was made over each of his two seasons to resolve the long-term QB issues. He cannot afford another losing season and the long-term QB issue remains unresolved. They now must draft a QB with high upside and a readily apparent talent level just to create the promise of something better in 2023.

If he gets lucky and makes the playoffs, it has to be with a winning record, meaning at least 10 wins. Backing into the playoffs simply because the division is as bad as it is won't sell, especially if that entry into said playoff game ends as another one and done. Based upon all of this I wouldn't necessarily say that his seat is hotter than it already is, but most certainly he going to feel as if he's gained weight because buttoning his collar will squeeze the hell out of his neck. It isn't hate, but life in the NFL.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that Ron Rivera himself knows that he's on a short tether. 7-9, 7-10, and a public promise was made over each of his two seasons to resolve the long-term QB issues. He cannot afford another losing season and the long-term QB issue remains unresolved. They now must draft a QB with high upside and a readily apparent talent level just to create the promise of something better in 2023.

If he gets lucky and makes the playoffs, it has to be with a winning record, meaning at least 10 wins. Backing into the playoffs simply because the division is as bad as it is won't sell, especially if that entry into said playoff game ends as another one and done. Based upon all of this I wouldn't necessarily say that his seat is hotter than it already is, but most certainly he going to feel as if he's gained weight because buttoning his collar will squeeze the hell out of his neck. It isn't hate, but life in the NFL.

It's not fair to evaluate RR last year b/c he lost his starting QB in the 2nd qtr of Week 1. Plus had a whole shit load of injuries and Covid issues all year. How is that a fair evaluation? You can't evaluate RR in 2020 b/c of the Haskins situation he inherited. He made the best on what we had and we got a playoff birth. Plus was very competitive in that playoff game.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not fair to evaluate RR last year b/c he lost his starting QB in the 2nd qtr of Week 1. Plus had a whole shit load of injuries and Covid issues all year. How is that a fair evaluation? You can't evaluate RR in 2020 b/c of the Haskins situation he inherited. He made the best on what we had and we got a playoff birth. Plus was very competitive in that playoff game.
First, he never had a "starting" QB last year, that is just factual. There is a gigantic difference between a starting caliber QB and a QB who gets to start. Everyone else in the league had to deal with injuries and C-19 last year and you're the ONLY person using that as an excuse for the poor product on the field. It's fair because both issues were the same league-wide.

Haskins messed up, but certainly, a new regime has a right to not want previous employees and as such have to make these decisions for what they consider as best for the team. That decision is their responsibility for better or worse. It's that old when you have lemons, make lemonade thing, but for you to suggest that Rivera and Co. didn't know what they had or originally didn't want is nutz. He didn't inherit it, he voluntarily signed on for all of it.

Finally, if you remember, Rivera took a bit of time in deciding the fate of the previous OC, then replaced him, thereby instituting an entirely new offensive system. For better or worse, there had to be a learning curve, or put another way... not the best that he could, considering that change. How would you "fairly" evaluate Rivera?

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First, he never had a "starting" QB last year, that is just factual. There is a gigantic difference between a starting caliber QB and a QB who gets to start. Everyone else in the league had to deal with injuries and C-19 last year and you're the ONLY person using that as an excuse for the poor product on the field. It's fair because both issues were the same league-wide.

Haskins messed up, but certainly, a new regime has a right to not want previous employees and as such have to make these decisions for what they consider as best for the team. That decision is their responsibility for better or worse. It's that old when you have lemons, make lemonade thing, but for you to suggest that Rivera and Co. didn't know what they had or originally didn't want is nutz. He didn't inherit it, he voluntarily signed on for all of it.

Finally, if you remember, Rivera took a bit of time in deciding the fate of the previous OC, then replaced him, thereby instituting an entirely new offensive system. For better or worse, there had to be a learning curve, or put another way... not the best that he could, considering that change. How would you "fairly" evaluate Rivera?

Fitz is a decent QB. It factored in how the season turned out for us. There is no way he is on the hot seat this year.

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont blame injuries on the head coach.
Jackson was also banged up last year.
Wentz is not a headcase. We are lucky we got him with all the crap QB's out there in FA. He is the only Qb with the biggest upside out of all the FA QB's.

Sherff was a goner the minute they put the franchise tag on him last year. that was bad move. Out of all the moves RR made this is the one I hadf an issue with.

Settle, Flowers, and RSJ are not big-time players In fact,. Norwell is the better player for half the price. So you have to give RR and the front office credit for this signing. RSJ wanted a chance to start and he will ger the Giants. He wasn't starting here. We have Thomas and Bates is developing.

You realize thay Wentz wasnt a free agent, Homer, right?

He is not better than Wilson or Rodgers.

I’d venture to guess that you watched exactly zero colts games last year.

What metrics besides your rose colored glasses filter are you using to suggest that Wentz “has the biggest upside?”

One of the most annoying things about engaging with a blind homer such as yourself is that you refuse to see that you can criticize the redskins for their errors and still be a fan.

Prove it to us: I challenge you to find fault with five things Ron Rivera decides on this year. I would be surprised if you would admit to two, let alone five.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You realize thay Wentz wasnt a free agent, Homer, right?

He is not better than Wilson or Rodgers.

I’d venture to guess that you watched exactly zero colts games last year.

What metrics besides your rose colored glasses filter are you using to suggest that Wentz “has the biggest upside?”

One of the most annoying things about engaging with a blind homer such as yourself is that you refuse to see that you can criticize the redskins for their errors and still be a fan.

Prove it to us: I challenge you to find fault with five things Ron Rivera decides on this year. I would be surprised if you would admit to two, let alone five.

Im saying Wentz is better than any FA Qb out there except obviously Wilson or Rodgers. Yes we traded for him to get him. He duplicates the season he had with the Colts last year we go to the playoffs. Your judging him on the last game of the year b/c you are a hater. Wentz has a bigger upside b/c he has done it before. The only fault I find with RR was him tagging Scherff last year. Horrible move.

You are a hater; you have no plan on getting a QB for this team to win. You just want to sit back and just criticize. Wentz, is better than Winston, Trib, MM, and Grap. The only three he is not better than is Wilson, Rodgers, and Watson. We had no shot at those guy, so be realistic.

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im saying Wentz is better than any FA Qb out there except obviously Wilson or Rodgers. Yes we traded for him to get him. He duplicates the season he had with the Colts last year we go to the playoffs. Your judging him on the last game of the year b/c you are a hater. Wentz has a bigger upside b/c he has done it before. The only fault I find with RR was him tagging Scherff last year. Horrible move.

You are a hater; you have no plan on getting a QB for this team to win. You just want to sit back and just criticize. Wentz, is better than Winston, Trib, MM, and Grap. The only three he is not better than is Wilson, Rodgers, and Watson. We had no shot at those guy, so be realistic.

No homer, I’m a realist. Big difference.

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are a hater. I respect everyone's opinion. We will see in September.

Nope. I’m a realist and you’re a fucking clown show.

I dont respect everyone’s opinion.

We will definitely see in September, but since you’ve never admitted that you were wrong ever, it won’t matter.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,731.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, 2yrs, 10M is a good deal, even if the Commies only get 90% of Flowers's production, since it'll becoming at half the price. Hell, the team could STILL land Flowers back at a lower rate if the market keeps smoothing out (as his best 2 seasons have come in DC).
This.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,731.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Rivera is a good guy to have.