• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

"Grumble, I don't like it!" - tOfficial VTfoozball thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

VTfoozball

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
VT will feel the recruiting failures at O-line and WR in 2013

hokiecheme11

Mr. Manager
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bruce Taylor will probably not mend in time for the season or at all and we will all wish Beamer hadn't gotten rid of Clark

Van Dyke will be the best man for the job at whip come fall but Foster will put in Tweedy and Winslow because they are seniors

Logan is probably gone after this year

If the O-line stinks the next 2 years Beamer will still not get rid of Newsome...same goes for the offense and Stinespring

I agree with the last 3. I really hope you're wrong about Bruce though

VTfoozball

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I haven't seen film of them but even if they are good will they be ready by 2013?

VTfoozball

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Sorry I HAVE seen Willenbrock but he needs to put on some serious weight. For his size he is a badass though

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm getting a sneaking suspicion that Foozball is really Heather Dinich.

VTfoozball

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Come on give me some credit. I think I at least sound like I know what I'm talking about. I quit reading espn because I realized that I could find much more detailed and accurate info elsewhere. What do you expect when you have 1 person covering an entire conference

MattB4VT

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we've really got to be kicking ourselves for missing out on UNC quarterback renner. Logan thomas would have really made our offense great if he didnt have to play QB and could play tight end.

Last edited by a moderator:

MattB4VT

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mike London has VA locked down, and especially the 757. I guess all of our recruiting will have to be done out of state now.

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate that our special teams sucks of late and we gave up blocking kicks 4 years ago

amszete

STRIKE FIRST|STRIKE HARD.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know if you're joking or not but it's true

No this is something I see happening when it comes to play calling for most of our games - so I was just throwing that out there as a jest but its reality as well.

MattB4VT

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
beating uva in football was fun while it lasted. i'm thinking its probably their turn for 8 in a row

bigesse16

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
beating uva in football was fun while it lasted. i'm thinking its probably their turn for 8 in a row

You think they will win 8 in a row? We are obviously going to lose to them eventually, but I don't see it happening 8 times consecutively. If that's the case, then it would happen after Beamer leaves and our next hire would be a complete failure.

bigesse16

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
You think they will win 8 in a row? We are obviously going to lose to them eventually, but I don't see it happening 8 times consecutively. If that's the case, then it would happen after Beamer leaves and our next hire would be a complete failure.

Ok nevermind, I see your string of posts that are reeking in sarcasm (or so I hope).

bigesse16

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Depth is going to hurt us on the OL. I'm not sure we're going to get another OL in this class, which really frustrates me since we're still going after DL with all the depth we've built up there. I want 5 OL in this class, but doubt it will happen.

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. I think we are going to be ok at LB. Tweedy will get the nod because of experience but VD will see the field this year. Bruce may not be 100% but Tyler is a player.

2. We will be good at WR for a while. Davis, Coles, Roberts this year, Knowles, Caleb, Stanford, Irick, in the future.

3. Our OL is definitely a big ? but the guys we have this year will start to gel. I've heard they have done pretty good in 1 on 1s but they just havent had enough time together to gel and they will get that over the summer and fall camp. Might have a few bumps in the road but that is expected. We have some guys that will be back for another year or 2 and Conte will be ready sooner than you think. Not too sure on the other guys but the coaches are the best in the country at developing talent. Our current line was thrown into the fire against a top DL in the country right off the bat so naturally they are going to look bad.

4. I think LT would benefit from staying for his Sr year at VT for his long term success and he is a smart guy so he may see that as well. This is his 2nd year playing QB at a real level. He has the abilities needed to play in the NFL but i think a 3rd year of comfort and confidence would make him a better long term NFL QB

HokieGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I think most Tech fans have forgotten how we got here. They've been spoiled by nearly 20 years of consecutive winning seasons and bowl games. People who became fans during that period of time don't know what it's like to experience a losing season and not seeing Tech in post-season play. Think about that for a moment. How many other major college programs can claim similar success?

This is a general observation that some folks just don't know how fortunate we are to be Tech fans at this point in Tech's history. Prior to 1993, and beginning in 1967 when I became a Tech fan, Tech had a W-L-T record of 144-137-6. Mediocre with a capital "M".

Coach Beamer was almost fired in 1992 at the end of his sixth season as Tech's head coach. We just finished a very disappointing 2-8-1 season and Coach's job was definitely in jeopardy. Coach was told to fire a couple of assistants and bring in new coaches as a condition for keeping his job. We haven't had a losing season since 1992, and we've been to a bowl game every year since 1993.

Most people have forgotten that we were leading FSU 29-28 at the beginning of the 4th quarter in the 1999 NC Game. What killed us in that game was a lack of quality depth. Our first teamers could play with anyone, but the drop-off of talent to our second and third strings was our Achilles heel. The Tech staff has been working to improve the quality of our depth since that game.

Most people don't understand that the talent level of recruits coming to Tech has increased on almost a yearly basis. It's not their fault...they just haven't been around long enough to know that. We've got kids walking on in the last 3-4 years that would have been offered scholarships several years ago.

Most people don't realize that the last TEs converted to OLs were Nosal and Lanier. Those guys were recruited five years ago in 2007. Since 2007, only one OL has been converted from the DL (Becton), while the rest of the OLs have been recruited directly out of high school. Painter spent his first year as a DL...his choice...but he was originally recruited as an OL. In my opinion, the quality of the current OLs is approaching that of the 1999-2000 squads with much better depth.

Finally, I just dont get the need by a few posters to post negative opinions of virtually every recruit who verbals to Tech. There is a reason why those kids receive a scholarship offer from Tech...they've earned it. It's just my opinion, but the Tech staff has been around a long time and they know how to evaluate talent. Just look at how many kids blow up in their recruitment once they're offered by Tech. Not to mention any names, but some schools wait for Tech to offer a kid and then they follow with their own offer. Look at how many kids over the years Tech offered that nobody else wanted and they ended up in the pros.

There is a lot to feel good about Tech's program. Are there things that need improvement? Sure...but the Tech staff is aware of every item and is working hard to correct those problems.

Okay...end of rant.

Status
Not open for further replies.